“A nice honest hotel”

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Tullamarine
Wagga Wagga, Australia
“A nice honest hotel”
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel was easy to find, reception was very pleasant. Close to the airport and they offer a bus service to the airport and on site long/short term parking. Our room was quite spacious and comfortable, took about an hour to get it warm, (the aircon is small for the room). Very clean and huge bathroom. With 2 choices of eating places onsite it seems very handy. I would recommend this hotel unreservedly for an overnight before flying

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Helen H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Ideal place to stay if you have a flight to catch. The staff are very polite, the room was of good size and very clean and their free airport shuttle was very convenient. Also they have a restaurant downstairs with all three meals. I found the indoor pool very enjoyable as well. You can keep the car at the hotel while you are away. The only problem was there were no other food outlets nearby other than the airport.

Room Tip: Higher floors are more quieter as they are away from the car park.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank frs330
brisbane
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed over night,as we had differing departure times early next morning.
All staff were very friendly & helpful organising the times for return trip to airport.
The rooms are good in size & condition. Bathroom clean and also of good size
They also have connecting rooms for larger groups/families.(which we have booked for next trip)
Bistro Meals & wine choices excellent good prices, and friendly staff.
There is also a Buffet at night.
Swimming pool under cover.
Great spot for a rest in between flights.
Well worth recommending,

Room Tip: We had 2nd floor room, but possibly all rooms are similar, as this a convenient, reasonably priced h...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Wangaratta, Australia
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We have stayed at Ciloms quite a few times now. Because we live in a rural area, we need to stay overnight before catching morning flights, or meeting people at the airport. Sometimes we need to leave our car there whilst we are away. Sometimes we want to buy a drink or a meal
For our purposes, this hotel ticks all the boxes. We have found the staff efficient and helpful. Long-term car parking is comparable in price to the other airport car parking businesses. The shuttle bus service is excellent. On returning to Ciloms to pick up our car, we have never had to wait more than 5-10 minutes for the bus.The bar and restaurant are okay. The decor is a little dated, and the rooms are not luxurious, but comfortable enough and clean. The only fault is that it can be quite noisy - understandable, given that guests are arriving and leaving at all times of the day and night.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jenny G
Bairnsdale, Australia
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

I stay here with my friends on the 18/6/2014 and I was welcomed with really friendly staff at reception and we'll presented too!! I myself work at a hotel too by the way. Anyway my room was good, nice, clean and the beds were so comfortable I haven't had a good night sleep in ages!!! The courtesy bus was very handy to and the guy was driving it was a really nice guy but I couldn't understand his English well but doesn't matter I enjoyed the experience. The only fault I have with this place was the restaurant because I got served a coke and soda water in the same glass by the guy that was doing the bar. The lady with the shaved head was a gem!! Great customer service and rectified the error automatically my hat goes out to you!! The food was ok I ordered the chicken breast with an garlic sauce and vegetables, the sauce was too runny for my liking but I enjoyed the meal!! Overall I would definitely stay here again next time I need somewhere to stay before I go on a trip!! Thank you so much ciloms airport lodge!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank housos92
Wycheproof, Australia
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Last year I had the misfortune of tripping over the bed runner which had fallen off the end of our bed during the night & breaking my hip whilst staying at this accommodation. . My husband notified reception that an ambulance had been called and no concern by staff was shown at all. As I was stretchered out to the ambulance the reception staff retreated to the back room, not bothering to offer assistance or show any concern for my welfare at all. I am in my early 50's and am concerned that if this happened to me it could happen to someone older than myself. I have since sent two emails to the manager informing them of what had happened and suggesting that these bed runner be removed from the bed. This was 12 months ago and still they have not bothered to even reply to my emails. Also found the rooms to be very dated and worn and bathroom floor wasn't clean and there was no off street car parking available. Definitely wont be recommending my family and friends stay here.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank JENNY B

Travellers are raving about these Tullamarine hotels

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 26 July 2014

we have stayed at Ciloms many times. I find the staff very friendly and polite. We find it very convenient to stay here as it is so close to the airport. We catch the free shuttle bus to the airport and always find the drivers friendly. When we are overseas we always leave our car here and have never had any problems. I am a light sleeper and find the ground floor very noisy. This time we were near the outside door and a lift. It was very noisy and there were lots of people going past our room. We also got a wake up call which was handy.

Room Tip: I have found a room upstairs not so noisy.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tullamarine
Holiday Inn Melbourne Airport
Quest Melbourne Airport
Quest Melbourne Airport
#1 of 7 in Tullamarine
Best Western Airport Motel & Convention Centre

Been to Ciloms Airport Lodge? Share your experiences!