“A truly amazing experience!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Skydive Yarra Valley

Skydive Yarra Valley
Ranked #1 of 9 things to do in Yering
More attraction details
Owner description: Tandem skydive over the Yarra Valley from up to 14,000ft and experience an insane 60 seconds of life-changing freefall! Then, float under canopy for 5-7 minutes over the lush Yarra Ranges and Yarra Valley vineyards and marvel at the incredible views all the way to the city skyline of Melbourne. A tandem skydive with the dedicated and experienced Skydive Australia crew will be as memorable as it is exhilarating!
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A truly amazing experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

I'd won a Redballoon voucher and decided to embark on my first skydive experience. The staff at the Melbourne Skydive Centre were all fantastic. Kez, my tandem partner, was awesome. I was unsure about whether to buy photos as they are a bit pricy. But after seeing the 200+ amazing photos that Kez took, I couldn't say no to buying the package. The photos truly captured my feelings throughout the jump and I'll forever remember this experience. Kez is a highly experienced jumper and not once did I feel that I couldn't trust him. I wasn't too nervous prior to the jump, but he made me feel even more at ease about the whole experience with his chill personality. Jumping from 14,000 feet is truly the most amazing experience! I highly recommend it to anyone who loves a thrill. I'll be going back again for sure and bringing a few friends with me to take advantage of the Frequent Freefaller membership I received after my jump. I can't thank the company enough for making the day so awesome. The 28 degree weather and clear skies helped to make the day absolutely perfect! A huge thank you to Kez for making my first skydive one to remember!

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Katelyn P
SkydivetheBeach, Public Relations Manager at Skydive Yarra Valley, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Hi Katelyn

Thank you for taking the time to post such and awesome review! We're happy to hear you enjoyed your experience with Kez and the team. Hope we see you again soon.

Blue skies,

The team at Skydive the Beach and Beyond.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“Cray cray haha”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

What an incredible experience, the crew was great and I loved it. Would do it again, maybe with less swear words. Thanks guys

1 Thank Michael Y
Thanks for your your review Michael! Glad you loved. We'll see you next time for jump number 2!

The team at Skydive the Beach and Beyond
melbourne
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“THANKYOU”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

THANKYOU Melbourne Skydive Centre! Special thanks to Mel for the great customer service. Despite hanging out all day, we toured the beautiful Yarra Valley wineries and the new chocolate factory! Hands down to Dave Boulter & Paul Spaans for waiting literally right up till the last minute for the weather to clear just so we could jump! Exceptionally friendly and expert staff, even vomit dont phase them! Highly recommended to everyone. Dad had a great time! Cheers, from the Salvadors

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Ariane S
SkydivetheBeach, Public Relations Manager at Skydive Yarra Valley, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Hi Ariane

Thanks so much for the great review. The Yarra Valley certainly is an amazing place to spend the day, especially when you get to see it from 14,000ft! We'll be sure to pass on your thanks to the team.

Hope we see you again soon!

Australia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“AMAZEBALLS!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

I brought 2x tandem jumps for my husband and myself at Lilydale for our 1 year anniversary. When we went on the day it was so windy I'm surprised the roof didn't left off the shed, so needless to say we had to reschedule (after hanging around with Dave for a bit and crossing our fingers it would clear up1). Better to be safe than sorry!

When we went back a few weeks later (31/8/13) the weather was PERFECT so up we went with Dave & Bill. The guys were awesome, obviously very good at what they do and know so much. We loved the flight going up and I'm so surprised I wasn't even nervous... only for about 1/8th of a second just before we jumped! I LOVED every second on the way down and Bill made a perfect landing. We got some great photos/video too (but man some of those still are unflattering, lol! And sorry Bill, I didnt mean for you to cop a faceful of my hair!)

I can't believe I didnt do this ten years ago, I'm thinking about doing an AFF course now to make up for lost time. Why be down here when you can be up there?! My only complaint is that the AFF courses arent done at Lilydale, I'd love to go back there to do it :)

Thanks a million guys!!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank MrsT12_Aus
SkydivetheBeach, Public Relations Manager at Skydive Yarra Valley, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Hi there

Thank you so much for your awesome review. What a great way to celebrate your anniversary!

We don't operate the AFF course at Lilydale but we do at our Great Ocean Road drop zone, hopefully we'll see you there!

Msia
“Awesome!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

Skydive during winter is just simply amazing! We were pretty upset and anxious waiting as we arrived at the centre approximately 8.30am and the clouds weren't clear and we had to wait and pray for the clouds to clear away. After finally 2.5hours of anxiously waiting the sky was clear and we flew off.

It was indeed an amazing experience and it was all worthwhile waiting for!
Special thanks to Sam who was my tandem and he was very experienced and he eased the comfort and I felt nothing of nervousness but excited-ness.

One thing i would like to point out is that we were given the options of having Distance Cam or Hand Cam.
I have opted for the Distance Cam thinking that would look great and amazing (and it did looked amazing).
Nevertheless, for AUD 139, my DVD was only 10 sec during freefall shots (in the sky only) at a distant and I didn't get great shots after the parachutte was open as the other tandem flew down faster than us. Was quite a disappointment that the staff could have asked if we would like to top on extra for it. And I have not been advised that should it be a DC then you will not get close up shots (which naively I thought the other tandem would follow right to the end!!)

My hubby had opted for the Hand Cam since I have taken the Distance Cam whereby another tandem has to follow.
His DVD looked more worthwhile than mine as it shots right from the beginning right down to the landing.
However, my glorious moments was only the 10sec of freefall and there were no shots after the parachutte was opened. The rest was shots of the the other tandem as she flew down.

It was just a pity for not having more photos shots.
Just be reminded on this as we have paid quite a sum of money.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank BBBubbly
SkydivetheBeach, Public Relations Manager at Skydive Yarra Valley, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Hi there

Thank you for your review and feedback. Glad to hear you had an amazing time with Sam! We can follow up on your DVD if you send an email to marketing@melbourneskydivecentre.com.au with your full name and the date you jumped.

Blue skies!