“A little tired”

Chateau Yering Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Yering
Reviewed 11 March 2014

The staff were friendly and helpful on arrival. We enjoyed an excellent dinner at Eleonore Restaurant.
While not really a fan of period style hotels the room was very adequate.
The gardens and grounds were disappointing and looked in need of some maintenance.
Breakfast was disappointing. Sweetwater Cafe is dated and the waitress was very preoccupied with folding napkins rather than serving the guests.

Stayed: March 2014

Reviewed 5 March 2014

My partner and I stayed here for Valentine's Day and the whole experience was sublime. Staff was friendly and I loved the room - nice comfy bed, huge balcony and lovely deco. Dinner at Eleanor's was better than I expected.

Went ballooning the next morning followed by breakfast. Overall, it was a very pleasant experience and I'd love to come back again. A perfect weekend getaway.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2014

My partner and I stayed two nights at Chateau Yering this February and it was beyond what we could have hoped for. Being able to sit outside our room and escape busy life while watching the cows was definitely a highlight and our evening at Elenor's was amazing. The friendly staff, picturesque location and being so close to so many great attractions in the Yarra Valley will have us visiting again in the near future.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2014

We were invited by friends to celebrate a 55th Birthday at Chateau Yering on St Valentine's Day.
There were 20 guests we had a informal cocktail party on the front lawn. Food, wine and service was amazing. Our suite was charming and all you could possible want for an over night
stay or longer if time allows. Just a short and very pleasant drive from Melbourne.
Would recomend it for any occasion.

Room Tip: Every room we looked at were fanatastic
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Celebrating wedding anniversary, so decided to get out of Melbourne and head off to the Yarra Valley. Booked in on line, so easy as. The package I chose included cheese platter in the room on arrival, a 3 course dinner for two and full breakfast the next morning. It is on the pricey side but worth the money. In fact
if you break down the costs really not that bad.
The room was exactly what you expect of a beautiful old homestead. They are a very good size with lounge and dinning table an old world
dressing table and a wonderfully comfortable king size bed. Big bathroom with all expected amenities and a huge claw foot bath.
The staff here rival any five star I have stayed at without any stuffiness or attitude. Dinner in Eleanor's restaurant was first class, although the air conditioning was struggling ( extreme weather for days in the 40's) but was ok. Food excellent and we took advice and had the meals wine matched. Choices were exceptional and highly recommend you do this.
So if you are looking for something special this is the place. Take yourself through the gardens and to Yering Station winery for wine tastings and you can stroll back via the pool. Just don't buy more than you can carry!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Booked one of the available packages as a 40th Wedding Anniversary surprise for my wife. We had talked in the past of staying at this Hotel and had never gotten around to it and so, took this opportunity to satisfy both of our curiosities. From the outset, we were very impressed. A warm friendly greeting by the staff who go out of their way to explain the amenities of the Hotel and give you a cursory tour of those amenities so as to familiarise you with the venue. Room was huge and well equipped with everything that you would need and the views from the French windows afforded an excellent overview of the Yarra Valley. The evening meal in Eleonore's Restaurant was something special, the food was outstanding, as good as any restaurant we have eaten in any where in the World, I would go so far as to say, possibly the best meal I've ever eaten in a restaurant. Breakfast in the Sweetwater Café was similarly excellent, there was not a huge selection, but there was adequate cold and hot selections and plenty of it. If I had one criticism, it was the location of tea and coffee making facilities in the room, these were located in a cupboard/receptacle in the bathroom rather than in the bedroom/lounge area which I found very strange and inconvenient, particularly if someone was using the bathroom. I would not hesitate to recommend this location for a romantic evening.

Room Tip: Ask for the Yeringberg room, it has a magnificent view of the Yarra Valley.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dreben
Reviewed 25 January 2014

My wife and I spent 2 fantastic nights here and had a fantastic time. The staff were very attentive and provided exceptional service. The bed was the most comfortable that I have ever slept on I believe, and the doona was really snuggly and comfortable too. The room was really well appointed with even the TV hidden in antique furniture. Unlike so many Australian hotels the WiFi internet service was high speed and free of charge!

The bathroom was also really impressive and large - the rain shower head was fantastic.

It was also great to be able to just walk over to their winery next door and bring a bottle back to enjoy on our private verandah.

I know this property is expensive but when you want to lash out or have a romantic holiday then it is really worth it.

The restaurant was also exceptional and had wonderful food but I will do a separate review on that.

High tea was also superb and much better than others we have had.

I also had my guide dog with me and the hotel, management and staff are to be commended for making us all feel welcome and taking such great care of us.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DaleReardon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yering
Yarra Valley Lodge
Vibe Hotel Marysville
Vibe Hotel Marysville
#1 of 2 in Marysville
Balgownie Estate Vineyard Resort & Spa

Been to Chateau Yering Hotel? Share your experiences!