The staff were friendly and helpful on arrival. We enjoyed an excellent dinner at Eleonore Restaurant.
While not really a fan of period style hotels the room was very adequate.
The gardens and grounds were disappointing and looked in need of some maintenance.
Breakfast was disappointing. Sweetwater Cafe is dated and the waitress was very preoccupied with folding napkins rather than serving the guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chateau Yering Hotel a Victorian Mansion built in 1854 and restored to 1997 is set in the heart of the Yarra Valley, Victoria's premier wine region. Chateau Yering Hotel is a gracious five star hotel featuring 32 luxurious suites individually decorated with antiques and fine furnishings. This welcoming property offers unsurpassed fine dining in Eleonore's Restaurant while Sweetwater Cafe serves breakfast daily and lunch Wednesday to Sunday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Chateau Yering Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau Yering Historic Hotel
- Chateau Yering Historic Melbourne