What a wonderful getaway, perfection really. I have 1 night left but couldn't wait to write my review on this magical accommodation in the Yarra Valley. The ambience and atmosphere are welcoming, elegant and enchanting from the moment you drive down the tree fringed entry road. The staff welcoming and brought our luggage to the room, with a tour of facilities on the way including reception rooms for guests with lovely crackling fireplaces. It was cold and raining when we arrived which for me added to the ambience. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else else on this winters day. Our room (Tarrawarra) fantastic a corner suite overlooking the gorgeous countryside. Our verandah is huge and we drink tea and eat the gorgeous home made biscuits left for us in our room here each afternoon of our visit. The bed is like sleeping on clouds the linens and doona so comfortable best sleep I have had in ages. My husband said the shower is the best shower he has had in 35 years - water pressure is amazing and giant brass rain head is luxurious. Lastly food - I had read some reviews about the average or disappointing breakfast so wasn't expecting much more than pastries, toast and fruit, this was not the case. The room is sunlit and welcoming with gorgeous verandah style furniture, there is a good selection of fruit, pasties, fresh baked bread, salmon, cold cuts, cheese etc as well as a menu with hot cook breakfast from a full breakfast to omelettes, and vegetarian offerings plus to order coffee. Excellent - I couldn't ask for more. Dinner at Elanores is wonderful, so good we are going back again tonight. It is a contradiction in styles that works perfectly the decor is old worldly and the food modern and sensational. I can't fault the Chateau it's a slice of paradise in the Yarra.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chateau Yering Hotel a Victorian Mansion built in 1854 and restored to 1997 is set in the heart of the Yarra Valley, Victoria's premier wine region. Chateau Yering Hotel is a gracious five star hotel featuring 32 luxurious suites individually decorated with antiques and fine furnishings. This welcoming property offers unsurpassed fine dining in Eleonore's Restaurant while Sweetwater Cafe serves breakfast daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Chateau Yering Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau Yering Historic Hotel
- Chateau Yering Historic Melbourne