“Great Value”
Review of Ningaloo Club

and 1 more site!
Ningaloo Club
Reviewed 16 June 2013 via mobile

Clean, cheap, better than camping when it rains. For the budget traveler in Coral Bay its the best choice. Private room made it no different to a cheap hotel. Surprisingly, the bar is cheaper than bars in Perth.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank DDK101

Reviewed 27 May 2013 via mobile

I stayed for one night during a trip up to Exmouth and I have to say its a very nice place to stay with good facilities and excellent communal areas. My room was very clean but unfortunately crawling with small ants which thankfully disappeared once the air conditioning was switched on. Coral bay itself is beautiful and well worth a visit.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Frances D
Reviewed 2 May 2013

My mate and I went up to Coral Bay in mid May for a week to start with. But it quickly turned into two weeks. First of all Coral Bay is a beautiful spot for snorkelling, diving and just lazy days in the beach. And second of all the Ningaloo Club is the place to stay in Coral Bay. The hostel has a really nice and warm atmosphere about it with the bar on the main floor, which isn't too noisy. So if you want to have an early night it's no problem. The area around the bar has two pool tables and a table tennis board where you have lot's of fun and meet new people.

What really struck me was how clean the hostel was. I have recently been working at a four star hotel but this hostel was almost cleaner I would say. The kitchen got cleaned several times every day and even though tour groups passed through, it was never left dirty. The rooms are spacious and clean. There is a bit of sand in them but hey, it's a beach resort so you sort of have to expect that. The only thing that they are missing are power points. We stayed in a 10 people dorm and it only had two points...

If you're planning your holiday up to Coral Bay, Karen and the friendly staff at Ningaloo Club will take very good care of you. This is the place to stay!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank eWiklund
Reviewed 15 March 2013

I appreciated that this place was nice and clean and thought the party they put on was a nice mixer to encourage you to meet other people staying there. The place was a bit far from the water but Coral Bay is small so this wasn't an issue.

Room Tip: Pick and upstairs one if you don't plan on staying up late
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank devsersatz
Reviewed 5 March 2013

Coral Bay is a very little village, this is the place at affordable prices for a bed, 'cause there were resort or expensive hotel.
I was in a 8 dorms room with bunk beds, as usual to a hostel. First night a/c didn't worked, but they adjusted it the day after.
Room, bathroom and kitchen were large and sufficiently clean.
Nice common space with pool table, table tennis, music and bar; the pool is good.
Greyhound bus stops on front

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank vilmer7
Reviewed 19 February 2013

We stayed here for a couple of nights and wish we could have stayed much longer.

We'd booked a 4 share dorm and unlike most other hostels, as they weren't very busy they put us in our own room. Everywhere was clean and comfortable and the kitchen was well equipped.

There's a nice pool and the bar is extremely reasonable (cheap even for Australia). All the staff were lovely and the owner/manager (I'm not sure exactly, but I think her name was Karen) went out of her way to make sure that we were happy and having a good time - and she gave us a bag of mangoes to take with us when we were leaving (that is not construed as payment for a good review I hope).

I'm surprised to read reviews from people saying it was not clean - yes, there are insects running around, but I'm yet to stay anywhere in the tropics that doesn't!

We did try to book through Hostelworld, but it told us the dates were not available. Very glad we persevered and contacted them directly.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank IzzyandGibbs
Reviewed 27 January 2013 via mobile

Paid $95 for a room with 2 single beds and no aircon, it's been the smallest room we've stayed in along the West Coast and the most expensive. Staff offered us an extra fan which was nice of them. Room was tiny and the found cockroaches enjoyed running around after dark. Hostel itself is very dirty and filled with bugs. Kitchen is rather filthy with about 90 dead flies surrounding the windows. Caretaker/cleaner is a bit creepy and decided to wash himself in the kitchen sink shirtless right beside my food I was cooking. Goodbye appetite.

Staff at te front desk were nice but not very helpful. When asked if there was a good lookout for the sunset they didn't offer much guidance.. If you want to see it though you can head to the jetty and get a great view off the main strip about 5 min drive past wind turbines.

All water is saltine so have to get used to that but not necessarily a bad thing.

Overall 2/5 it's hard to say go somewhere else in Coral Bay as options are very limited.

• Stayed: January 2013