“THE BEST winery I have seen in years”

Jane Brook Estate Wines
Ranked #2 of 69 Restaurants in Midland
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 December 2017

I have seen a lot of wineries over this years but this is probably my very favourite. This is a small family run winery so you don;t get the corporate impersonal decor, queues, marketing and everything else. This is just a small, comfortable winery with very good wines and none of the hype tha others have. The wines are outstanding and I recommend that you try the Family Reserve series - so good I bought one of each and intend to get more. Some of the best reds I can remember. If you like white some of the range are good, but not really my style. The pink sparkling isn't bad for a red drinker. The lunch is superb. Spent a week in Perth and what appears to be a very simple platter was the best lunch of the week. Probably one of the best ways to dine as the quality of everything in the platter (especially the pate) was fantastic and it just a relaxed way to dine and drink in a great setting. Your hosts and staff are friendly and genuinely relaxed and helpful. When I get back to Perth this place is definitely on my return visit list. DO NOT PASS THIS PLACE UP TO GO TO THE BIG COMMERCIAL WINERIES!

Reviewed 3 December 2017

We were in the hills east of Midland and stopped at Jane Brook Estate Wines for lunch. Very glad we did.
You get a choice of a range of baskets for two. We chose the Classic Basket. Cheese, pate, terrine, humus, chick peas, slaw, etc. Served with a fresh baguette. So fresh it was still warm. Everything was delicious with generous proportions. In fact, we couldn't finish our basket.
Good choice of wines by the glass. I went for the sparkling rose. If I hadn't been driving I would have had a couple. Delicious.
Settings outside are very casual. on big round wooden picnic tables. Lovely views of the farmland and vines. Nice to not have any music playing. We could relax and listen to the birds.
This really felt like a vintage WA experience.

Reviewed 20 September 2017

For many years we have visited Jane Brook winery for lunch, sitting out under an umbrella, sharing a platter and watching the world go by.
How disappointed we were when we realised the lovely platters had now changed to an open box. Everything in the box is one temperature coming out of the fridge. There were items in the box that would have been so much more enjoyable if they had have been served at least warm. In Jane Brooks defence, the wine is still excellent. Unfortunately, In our opinion, it definitely seems like a backward step from what it used to offer. I would suggest you do yourself a favour, purchase some wine and move onto another winery/restaurant for lunch.

1  Thank Bob M
Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

Knowledgeable welcome to wine tasting. Which is brilliant, but we particularly loved the lunch Classic sharing basket for 2 with pâté and terrine, chickpea and coleslaw salads, pickles, onions, cheese and the most wonderful tarragon dip!

Bought pate to go as so fab. Sit at casual tables, buy wine by the bottle and take home what you don't drink, fab!

Reviewed 9 August 2017

Although wintertime is not the best time to visit as the countryside is in winter mode, but that was when we had a visitor, so we took her and her 90-yr old mother to Jane Brook for lunch.

The friendly lady (owner?) who served us lunch showed us the two baskets from which to choose. Each basket is for two. as we were having soup, we shared one basket of pates, breads, cheeses, pickles, olives, etc., and it was more than we could manage.

As our guests did not drink alcohol, suitable non-alcoholic drinks were provided and my husband and I enjoyed a glass of their beautiful sav blanc.

Our guests were treated considerately, and they left with a good impression of the j
Jane Brook winery.

I would have preferred the soup to be hotter, but this is a small fault.

It was a lovely visit, and we will return at a better time of the year.