“A touch of class in the northern suburbs”

Clarke's of North Beach
Reserve with
Clarke's of North Beach is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 12 Restaurants in North Beach
Price range: US$30 - US$136
Cuisines: International, Australian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Clarke's of North Beach has been providing a fine dining experience for our discerning clientele for 14 years. Since 2003 multi-award-winning, 6 time Chef of the Year Stephen Clarke, leading a small team of up and coming apprentices and chefs, has sourced the freshest seasonal produce and created dishes of exquisite detail and flavour. With an artists eye and natural flair for colour, impeccable French technique and a focus on presentation, it all announces, unmistakably, that Stephen Clarke is the reason our customers keep returning in droves. Front of House manager Phillip Wynn maintains an attentive watch over the dining room with his team of waiters as well as offering a range of local and international wines as well as wine pairing with the food. Book Online now, Email or call our friendly staff to discuss a reservation.
Perth, Australia
“A touch of class in the northern suburbs”
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Spoilt for choice with beautiful presentation, but dont go in starving! Great flavours and a good wine list but the portions are not massive.
Good atmostphere as a cosy but classy venue.

Visited July 2012

“Pure Elegance!”
Reviewed 3 May 2013

Beautiful restaurant with amazing food. Lives up to all the previous reviews and more. Menu is not huge, but gives great selections, prepared with artistry and passion. It is easy to see why this restaurant has won so many awards. Service is excellent and feels quite understated, but is very slick. It is expensive, but well worth it for special occasions.

• Visited May 2013
Perth, Australia
“Always a lovely experience”
Reviewed 23 April 2013

Such fab food in a somewhat understated building in a beachside suburb of Perth- we try to go there whenever we can for special occasions- though often times we find it is booked out!

Fremantle, Australia
“Polished in suburbia”
Reviewed 17 April 2013

This restaurant delivers some of the most elegant food I've had in a long time - albeit in a boring, not to say pedestrian, suburban setting. The highlight of the evening was the entree of compressed watermelon with goats cheese and melt-in-your mouth baked shallots. Also a sensational valrohna chocolate plate. Service is professional if not exactly warm. Staff immediately changed our table when I commented that I didn't particularly fancy my view of the gents' toilet. It would have been nice if they'd thought of this for themselves, but they did get it right eventually and I'm so tired of stodgy, predictable food that I'm willing to be forgiving - this once at least!

• Visited April 2013
Perth, Western Australia
“Quiet, refined ... a superb experience”
Reviewed 9 April 2013

It was my birthday and Dearly Beloved decided to surprise me by taking us to one of our favourite restaurants for dinner. It was just the two of us and also our first night out at a "real" restaurant for several months!

It's not exactly a huge restaurant (in its favour!) and we were seated out the back. It was quiet and cosy, the lighting soft but sufficient (we had a lamp right next to our table) ... but I did get to see inside the kitchen every time someone entered or left and I have to ask ... what does a chef do with a battery-powered drill kit? ;-D

So, all jokes aside, great ambience (tick).

Service was as service should be ... unobtrusive, knowledgeable and anticipating your needs. Water appeared and our bottle of wine was opened (professionally) and left to breathe. The waiter talked to us without once calling us "guys", or me "mate" (my two pet hates), without talking down to us, and without being smarmy or unctuous. Great service (tick).

The menu is not huge, but it has a great depth to it. Since we had previously been tasting some cheeses, we started with a sorbet to cleanse the palate. I had the gin and tonic sorbet, and Dearly Beloved had the pineapple and chili. We each thought our own was the better! For a main, I had their signature dish, described on the menu as "Pressed suckling pig, chop, roast loin, croquet, maple smoked carrots", while my wife chose the fish of the day, a Patagonian toothfish cooked sous vide. We shared a green salad.

The plates are not huge; but then, this is a restaurant, not a food barn! My pork was superb, with a richness that stopped just short of being "too much". Each different style of pork was the perfect foil to another and the maple carrots cut through any suggestion of fattiness that pork can sometimes have. I can only report that my wife ate her fish with very little communication ... a sure sign she enjoyed it!

We finished with an espresso each (good coffee ... and hot!) and DB had a dessert on which ... since I don't eat sweets ... I am totally unqualified to comment. Let's just say she left none behind; nor did she offer me even a taste. So, outstanding food (tick).

We never felt as though we were being hurried to leave, and the bill was presented and dealt with very discreetly and unobtrusively.

All in all, a perfect night that simply reinforced the high regard in which we hold Clarke's. Superb!

• Visited March 2013