“Phenomenal Foods”

Clarke's of North Beach
Reserve with
Clarke's of North Beach is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 12 Restaurants in North Beach
Price range: US$30 - US$136
Cuisines: International, Australian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Clarke's of North Beach has been providing a fine dining experience for our discerning clientele for 14 years. Since 2003 multi-award-winning, 6 time Chef of the Year Stephen Clarke, leading a small team of up and coming apprentices and chefs, has sourced the freshest seasonal produce and created dishes of exquisite detail and flavour. With an artists eye and natural flair for colour, impeccable French technique and a focus on presentation, it all announces, unmistakably, that Stephen Clarke is the reason our customers keep returning in droves. Front of House manager Phillip Wynn maintains an attentive watch over the dining room with his team of waiters as well as offering a range of local and international wines as well as wine pairing with the food. Book Online now, Email or call our friendly staff to discuss a reservation.
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
“Phenomenal Foods”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

Experienced an amazing evening with 4 others at Clarke's and have to say it was an amazing night. Food, service and atmosphere was 10 out of 10....pork belly serve by far my favourite dish on the night. Highly recommend dining here with friends or a romantic dinner for two.

Bali, Indonesia
“spoilt at the end”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

never having been to Clarkes before, we arranged to meet friends visiting from eastern states and staying nearby, to this restaurant. The menu was appealing albeit pricey, and we ordered entrees and main. They were all good without being exceptional. The drinks menu likewise was inclusive but over the top expensive. My partner then ordered a poached fruit desert which arrived as fruit salad. When we drew this to a staff members attention, he appeared surprised, gave no explanation, and asked what other dish on the menu, she'd like. She chose one, which duly arrived and was good. Our visitors commented that they probably wouldn't charge for that item. We were charged full odds, no apology, and that was it. Overall we had a good night, which could have been more memorable with more care.

Perth, Australia
“Gave a pregnant lady food poisoning & denying all responsibility”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

We have been to Clarkes many times in the past and thoroughly enjoyed it but will never ever be going back here again.

We booked a table just over a month ago for a dinner with friends.
Despite me telling them 3 times that I'm pregnant and therefore all my food needed to be very well cooked, we were served under-cooked fish which they ADMITTED on the night was under-cooked and offered us a small discount on our bill. For those of you who don't know, undercooked/raw fish is extremely dangerous in pregnancy and has the potential to cause premature labour or worst case scenario be lethal for the baby.

That evening I started to feel quite unwell and woke up at 4am the next morning with extreme food poisoning. I was rushed straight to hospital where I was put on a drip for 2 days (as was unable to keep any food down) with the baby constantly being monitored to ensure I didn't go into labour. I then had to have a further 3 days off work to recover from being so unwell.

I sent an email to Clarkes of Northbeach to explain what happened seeking an apology and a refund for my meal. They replied straight away to say they were having a complete audit done on the restaurant and food they had served, which is all well and good, however it wasn't the fact that there was anything wrong with the food or hygiene of the restaurant, it's the fact that my FISH WAS UNDERCOOKED that landed my in hospital.

I have had to chase them for a month to get any sort of resolution. They finally refunded less than half the cost of our meal (which is an insult considering how much they charge for the food) and they are still denying all responsibility saying there's absolutely no way their food could have caused me to be sick (once again despite the fact that on the night they admitted that their fish was undercooked)

Disgusting customer service on their behalf and I will never ever be going back there again!

2 Thank cat-aaron
Perth, Australia
“A great place for a special meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

Had my birthday dinner here and what a meal! Have had the degustation menu twice before but this time had the a la carte menu. Pork Belly for entree, fish of the day (red emperor) for main and choc and hazelnut tart for dessert. My husband had the moreton bay bugs for entree, beef fillet and choc parfait. It was all excellent right down to the wine and coffee. Service was superb. Well worth the expense for such high quality food and service. Highly recommended.

1 Thank Tracey P
“Yet another great meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

We recently enjoyed the degustation menu with 2 other couples to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. Flavours were sensational, and the staff perfect at the friendly, share a laugh, but not intrusive style of service. Our well travelled visitors were still praising the meal and service a week later - it is wonderful to have such a restuarant to take people to and know it will be an excellent night on every level.

• Visited February 2014