“Very Good Stay”
Review of Ocean View Motel

Ocean View Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in North Beach
Reviewed 9 December 2011

We were at the Motel for 10 days - the room was exactly what you'd expect for the price, staff were friendly and facilities were good. The location was good for where we wanted to be, and was quiet at night yet easy to get to places in the day.

Room Tip: 'Ocean view' may be spoilt by nearby building soon, so ask in advance. Balconies vary from s...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Michael C, General Manager at Ocean View Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2013

Dear Reviewer

Thank you very much for taking time to review the Ocean View Motel following your stay. Whilst I do not propose to offer a reply to your comments some months after you published them, I do wish to express our gratitude for your feedback.

Upon commencement at the Hotel this January 2013, the team and I have set about on a number of new and very exciting initiatives all aimed at ultimately increasing guest satisfaction and loyalty to our brand and collection of accommodation choices. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your short stay with us!

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of your company again, and I am delighted to act as your point of contact for any future stay.

Once again thank you very much for your feedback, should you wish to discuss any aspect of our reply please call me on 08 9245 8000 extension 409

Reviewed 16 September 2011

This is a middle range priced motel. We had an Ocean View room. It was a little cramped but fine for a 6 night stay. It has a microwave oven, toaster, electric jus but no other cooking facilities. All crockery etc is supplied but not a lot of space to prepare anything. The view overlooked a building site next door, no fault of the owners it was just unfortunate. I am not sure if the building beig erected will hinder the view of the Indian Ocean which was divine!!! best to ask the owners about that. OParking was available and we had no trouble at all with that. The owners are friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and adequate and was obviously having renovations done to the bathroom. new tiles in one area. We could dhear the peopl next door on one night talking loudly but that lady waas VERY loud anyway and never had trouble after that even though the place was fully booked out. There are some nice earting places in a back street and you can walk to the supermarket no problems. Across the road is a lovely esplanade that you can walk anytime. Road traffic doesn't seem terribly fierce at all. it is about 1o min drive to Hillary's Boat Hasrbour where you cana get a ferry to Rottnest Island. Parking is a Breeze there and the Aquarium is good value as well.
We loved our time there ans were very sorry to leave. The area has a nice feel to it, relaxed and calm. Just beautiful to visit. We stayed there and drove into Perth, New Norcia, Freemantle and did the Rottnest trip. Easy drives to all palces as it is not far to freeways and Highways. it is a really good quiet spot to base yourself.

Room Tip: Ask about the views now as buiding is happening next door. Ocean views will still be possible form t...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 February 2011

We spent an enjoyable 5 days at this motel - our room was large and comfortable with a kitchen. We also appreciated the small balcony to enjoy the ocean view and sunsets.
The location was good with restaurants close by and shops with a supermarket a short walk away. We were able to find available parking for our car at all times.
Will look forward to a return stay.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 29 January 2011

Its cosy clean and very charming....not 5 star but really is value for money in a great location. We are regulars there and LOVE IT....not if you are looking for 5 star accommodation with the facilities....but we love it.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Michael C, General Manager at Ocean View Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Dear Reviewer

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide this review, we are pleased that you enjoy staying with us and do pop in and say hello on your next stay, it would be nice to put a face to the name! Once again thanks and look forward to meeting you soon.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 10 April 2010

Our first visit to Western Australia was not a pleasant one, we had booked accommodation for 6 nights (March/April 2010) at the Ocean View Motel, Lawley Street, North Beach, WA. We booked after several phone calls to ensure the premises were 'clean' and centrally located. We were very disappointed to find the room dirty (not new dirt but old dirt) and we expected a full kitchen. Upon checking the information supplied in the room I was horrified to learn we had to wash our dishes in a plastic bucket (no sink) so how were we to prepare a meal!!! And the bathroom was disgusting. We were tired from travelling on our first night but on the second day I went to the local supermarket and purchased gloves, shower cleaner, scourer and a toothbrush to clean the bathroom. We reported to reception that the fridge in our room was not working properly, yes it would be checked! The next day and for the duration of our stay we had no cold drinks etc. We even asked for a bucket to put ice in so we could have cold drinks. For the price you would expect the 'basics' to be functional. For the first 3 days of our stay I found reception staff unhelpful the rest of the stay the staff were more pleasant and willing to help. I am in the tourism industry which in this case is a disadvantage. I could not recommend this accommodation.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BrandySouthAustralia
Michael C, General Manager at Ocean View Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking to time to write this review following your stay at the Ocean View Motel and even though this reply is 4 years late, we wanted to reply nevertheless!

We can offer our personal assurance to you that we have improved since your stay in 2010. Please accept my apologies should your stay not have gone as well as we would have hoped.

We would welcome the opportunity to look after you again, if you should have a need to stay please do contact me, it would be lovely to meet you in person and look after your reservation requirements.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 17 October 2007

Stayed for a week on a business trip because the price was right and the location is great if your idea of a good start to the day is a brisk, early-morning walk along the oceanfront, including breakfast in one of the excellent nearby cafes (the Soda Cafe about 15 mins' walk south, or the Wild Fig Cafe, a similar distance north). There are other breakfast options closer by (5 minutes' walk) and at the motel itself, which I didn't try. There are also some OK dinner options nearby, from take-away fish-and-chips, to smart Italian dining. For a cheap-ish suburban motel, I found my room more than decent and have stayed in far worse places for more money. The wireless laptop coverage was a bit weak on my first day, but after a word to the staff, they managed to do something and it was better for the remainder of the week. One definitely needs one's own wheels, or (in my case) a cooperative business colleague for transport. I'd stay here again for a business trip, but not for a personal holiday: but that's just my personal taste. The only sour point (to date) is that on check-in I agreed to pay a higher tariff in order to qualify for earning frequent flyer points. Those points are yet to turn up ...

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank AntonyG

Reviewed 28 September 2007

The view of the Inidan Ocean from our room was very nice. The room itself was a bit of a disappointment as it was listed as 3.5 stars out of 5 so I expected more than we received. The bedroom and balcony
areas sections were acceptable; the area where we could make coffee etc was awkward but the bathroom really let the place down. One of the wash basin taps leaked and the water formed a pool in front of the toilet so when we needed to use it, our feet got wet. The public transportation listed on the web page is inadequate and although we asked for help reading the bus timetables none was forthcoming from a staff member who admitted she had only been there for 8 months (obviously not long enough to learn anything useful to their clients!). Another business owner nearby described the bus service as "crap". In the morning we decided to find alternative accomodation
so went back to our room to pack and found a female panty item called
a "thong" on the night table beside my daughter's bed. It was not ours so I returned the item to the Reception area (delicately held in a tissue) and told the receptionist we were checking out and wanted a full refund of the fees paid for the rest of the 4 days we had planned to stay there. They were very good on this point and refunded our money without argument.

Stayed: September 2007

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking to time to write this review following your stay at the Ocean View Motel and even though this reply is 6 years late, we wanted to reply nevertheless!

We can offer our personal assurance to you that we have improved since your stay in 2007. Please accept my apologies should your stay not have gone as well as we would have hoped.

Should you be visiting WA again, please contact me and we will be very happy to tell you about our progress and look at possible bookings for you. Thank you once again for taking time to review us.

Kind Regards

Scarborough
Ramada Vetroblu Scarborough Beach
Joondalup City Hotel
#4 of 4 in Joondalup

Been to Ocean View Motel? Share your experiences!