“Definate Value four money and sunset views”
Review of Ocean View Motel

Ocean View Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in North Beach
Reviewed 20 July 2013

definitely value for money.The staff have spot on customer service. It has been a long time since a hotel has bent over backwards to make sure I am happy. Any problems tell them it will be fixed straight away. I will be staying here whenever I am in Perth and I travel often being in the travel industry

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Michael C, General Manager at Ocean View Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Dear Reviewer

We are delighted to hear you were so pleased with every aspect of your stay and I’m so happy we were able to respond to your requests in a favourable manner.

Thanks also for your comments concerning your comfort and cleanliness of the bedrooms, these are well received.

I have shared your great feedback with all of our Team and I know they appreciate the recognition, thank you.

Hope to see you back at the Ocean View Motel very soon.

There are newer reviews for Ocean View Motel

Reviewed 2 June 2013

Enquiry Submitted Online - Still no response.
Hi there,
We are writing to inform you of our disapointment regarding a booking we made through your website telephone number last week.
My partner and I and our 2 year old come up to North Beach to spend the night after having meetings in the city. We really picked out where we wanted to stay for a number of different reasons. 1.) being in an area we had never stayed before. 2.) Ocean views. 3.) Spa bath in the suite room as per the photo graphs on the website. You can imagine our disappointment when we turn up to find that our booking had been taking at another location and we had not been informed about it.
Our child was well over due for a sleep so we had no choice but to take this option. We travelled back down to Scarborough which we had already stayed before and got a room that was on such a busy road and spa bath was not in the actual room as the bed, which we really wanted so our daughter could play while we relaxed but we could still supervise her.
All of the staff were really friendly (however I never actually got an apology for the huge inconvenience). I did get told however that this happens a lot. May I suggest that it is made clear where you are making the booking when talking to customers that call through this website number. I look forward to your response

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank BlueBellBarcelona

Dear Reviewer

It would appear that on the evening in question, we potentially failed to manage our bedroom sales in a correct and accurate manner. May we apologise most sincerely for this oversight. Be rest assured that this oversight, however unacceptable is quite rare as we have a strict and clear policy on over selling of bedrooms within our properties. Please accept my apologies once again for the inconvenience of the error.

I trust that you will give some thought to returning and staying with us. Should you have a requirement for accommodation in the area please call me directly as I will be delighted to ensure you have a favourable rate and of course an altogether better experience on your next stay.

Once again thank you for taking time to feedback to the Motel, if you should wish to discuss any further aspects of our reply please do feel free to call me.

Reviewed 14 April 2013

What is it with accommodation in this city!! My partner stayed here for 2 nights while on a work trip and was yet again disappointed. Whilst the ocean and sunset views were great (although if you're in a ground floor room you'll have to walk down to the beach because ground floor rooms don't have any substantial view) the list of things wrong goes like this. No ironing board. Iron covered in black muck that stained a brand new shirt. Hairs and mould-covered ceiling in the bathroom. Peeling paint. Sliding security door doesn't lock. Not enough car parks. Shower temperature constantly shifted between hot and cold. Outdoor furniture old and rusting. Lack of powerpoints. Very small rooms.

He advised that he would be arriving late but did not receive a response. When he arrived the office was closed and he had to search around for ages for a small note that had been left. Staff did not answer e-mails during the stay.

The only positives were the location - 30 seconds walk to the beach, walking distance to shops, restaurants and pubs, 20 mins drive to Perth CBD.

Maybe if they spent some money doing the place up I would score it higher. If you're just looking for somewhere to sleep then it's adequate, if you're looking for a holiday destination find something else.

Room Tip: Upstairs has a view
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Dear Reviewer

Thanks you for your feedback following your stay at the Ocean View Motel.

Reading through your review it is clear that your stay could have been much better. Whilst we cannot change the size of the bedrooms which we feel are of a good size, we wanted to write to make you aware that we have commenced on works which will see an uplift to the look and feel of the Motel. We have already made some changes to the grounds around the building as well with the aim of improving on the look and feel of the Motel.

Whilst we could not trace emails from ocean view motel which remained unanswered we would always encourage guests to call us as well should there be an issue we need to attend to. Whilst our local reception is not a 24 hour service, guests do have access to a nearby 24 hour reception service available and with reasonably good response times to our guests.

Your point about the location of the Motel is very well made, set back from the Ocean on Lawley Street we are within minutes walking distance to the beach and within minutes driving distance to some of the Sunset Coast's great tourist attractions.

I was concerned to read that you felt the room was not cleaned to your satisfaction, we have employed a completely new team in housekeeping at the Motel and by and large the feedback since this decision was taken has been quite good, may we apologise should you have felt that some aspects of your room lacked in cleanliness.

Please feel free to call me at any stage should you wish to consider staying with us again, I would be very happy to make suitable arrangements for you. Thanks once again for your feedback which is much appreciated.

Reviewed 2 March 2013

Upon arrival, we were greeted with a friendly and helpful receptionist. We had been upgraded to an ocean-view room on the first floor.

Unfortunately we had to lug two heavy suitcases up a set of of stairs as there is no lift. Looking around we weren't the only ones who struggled with the same problem.

The room was small and basic, but clean and tidy with a lovely view over the ocean.

Over the three nights we stayed there, we came and went at different times of the day. It seems any time after 4pm you struggle to get a parking spot and one night we had trouble parking on the road outside.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Michael C, General Manager at Ocean View Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Dear Eddie

We are very grateful for your feedback following your recent stay here at the Ocean View Motel. It is refreshing to learn that overall you had a pleasant stay, thank you.

Your point concerning luggage is a well- made point and it is a good opportunity to point out to other readers that the Motel does not have a lift service, we do of course where possible assist guests in taking luggage to rooms located on level 1.

On a lighter note we greatly appreciate your kind note about the welcome offered by the team at reception and cleanliness of the bedrooms.

We look forward to seeing you again soon and please do not hesitate to contact me if I can assist with any arrangements for you. Once again thank you for taking time to feedback to the Motel.

Reviewed 8 February 2013

Cost: stayed two night. When I booked, was told the price would be $125 for first night and $145 for second night (was charged $146 for each night);
Fridge: the fridge decided to stop working on the first night - we had milk and yoghurt in the fridge;
Dripping tap: the tap in the bathroom dripped all the time - very annoying;
Bedside light: initially both lights weren't working at all - discovered (by moving the bed!) that neither light was plugged in. Fixed that problem, however, it appeared that one of the lights has faulty wiring - very dodgy.
Would have advised the manager but the office hadn't opened when we went out for the day at 9am, and was closed when we got back at 4.30pm (office hours were 8.30am-5pm). Thankyou.

Room Tip: Definitely don't choose a 'standard', room, because they are anything but 'standard...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Reviewer

Thanks you for your feedback following your stay at the Ocean View Motel.

It is clear that your stay could have been much better. I am sorry to learn that you encountered so many inconveniences during such a short time. Whilst we cannot undo your experience we can assure you of an all- together better experience the next time around. With an improved maintenance presence and an engaged housekeeping team we hope that you will return.

I was concerned to hear that you felt we overcharged you and would be pleased to look into this at any time for you. Please feel free to call me to discuss this in more detail.

If you are considering to stay with us again, I would be very happy to make suitable arrangements for you. Thanks once again for your feedback which is much appreciated.

Reviewed 5 February 2013

I stayed here for three nights on a business trip, it was a great location for me as I was working in offices near by. The room was pleasant enough for the price, comfortable and clean although fairly small. The property is located in quiet streets so there is little to no road noise at night. There is restaurant on-site, however, there are a number of restaurants near by to eat at. A very handy and good value place to stay for a few nights if you need to be in the area.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Ben G
Michael C, General Manager at Ocean View Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2013

Dear Reviewer

Thank you very much for taking time to review the Ocean View Motel following your stay. Whilst I do not propose to offer a reply to your comments some months after you published them, I do wish to express our gratitude for your feedback.

Upon commencement at the Hotel this January 2013, the team and I have set about on a number of new and very exciting initiatives all aimed at ultimately increasing guest satisfaction and loyalty to our brand and collection of accommodation choices. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your short stay with us!

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of your company again, and I am delighted to act as your point of contact for any future stay.

Once again thank you very much for your feedback, should you wish to discuss any aspect of our reply please call me on 08 9245 8000 extension 409

Arcadia Hospitality

Reviewed 15 January 2013

The room I got was down stairs facing the road . First impression was ok . Some pretty dodgey repairs to walls and tiles , but generally clean and tidy . The staff were friendly and the room was quite spacious . The negatives would be the lack of parking and hearing very clearly the weak bladder of the person above me constantly being emptied . Id suggest if you wish to try here - request the top floor , if you want coffee in the morning - bring your own and watch the black cat - it malts alot of fur if it jumps on your bed . Id stay again

Room Tip: Upstairs , upstairs , upstairs !!!!! Unless you enjoy the sound of someone peeing above your head
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank 73RegularTraveller

Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for your feedback following your visit to the Ocean View Motel.

The local team and I are pleased to read that overall you had an enjoyable stay at the Motel. We are very curious to know more about the black cat, certainly not been spotted by ourselves!

It is fair to say that the Motel offers good value for money and with its proximity to a host of beach’ and numerous dining options the location is quite favourable. 1st level bedrooms always offer a better aspect in my option as well, overall room insulation tends to be quite good so not sure how to reply in regards to your reasons for choosing a 1st floor room!

We hope to see you soon and if I can be of any further assistance at all please do let me know.

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Beach
Quality Resort Sorrento Beach
Hillarys Harbour Resort
Hillarys Harbour Resort
#1 of 1 in Hillarys

Been to Ocean View Motel? Share your experiences!