“Ok, nice position” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in North Beach
Bridgetown WA
“Ok, nice position”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

The room was fine, bed comfy, friendly staff. My only complaint was the noise from the carpark and the other units. You could hear everything said and done around you. This unfortunately didnt allow for a restful nights sleep as it was about midnight when the noise died down and around 4.30am when people arose and started showering! (yes, I knew exactly what they were doing, thats how much the noise from the pipes and voices travelled). Shame really as the hotel is in a lovely position across from the beach.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Michael C, General Manager at Ocean View Motel, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Dear Jamiru

Thank you for providing feedback following your stay at the Ocean View Motel.

It is good to see that overall you have enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your kind feedback in regards to the service which you experienced at the Motel.

I am sorry that the quiet enjoyment of your stay appears to have been marred by noise created from other guests. Generally speaking this is not a major problem, but I apologise again that you encountered such an inconvenience.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Motel at some stage in the future and I would be delighted to oversee your reservation details myself personally, please feel free to call me at any stage should you require any assistance with regards to reservations.

Michael

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

The title says it all. This is not a 5 star hotel but considering we paid 224 for two nights by the beautiful beach it was excellent value.
Check in was smooth as can be, the manager was friendly and the motel was quiet.
The room was ample, more space than you'd get in most motels. The kitchenette was basic but workable.
A few light fittings were broken and this detracted from the room slightly.
The bathroom was average, I didn't spend too much time in there due to my own germ-phobia but an update might be in order! Plastic shower curtains? Not okay! A small update of the vanity and shower area would liven up the room immeasurably.
Despite having a basic motel room, we did get a slight sunset view! Sure it was with our noses pressed against the glass on the very left of the window, but considering we didn't pay for it, it was nice.
Location was the main selling point of this hotel. The view of the beach if you just take a casual stroll out your door is exquisite and picturesque.
Management has also gone to the effort of including a compendium of information about the region, things to do and more importantly, food delivery services. It felt more or less like room service! This was a great feature. I only remember an Italian restaurant being featured, more variety would definitely add value for a quiet night in.
This motel is very close to Hilary's (less than a 5 minute drive) and to a local IGA, strip of restaurants and public transport.
On my way out though, I did spot some black grime on the suitcase bench which freaked me out! Perhaps it was an oversight, but attention to detail really shines. Room cleaning was offered every day though, much to my delight!

Overall I enjoyed my stay immensely. Thank you to the friendly staff for the 5 star service!

Room Tip: Next time I'll shell out the extra for a sunset room!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to review the Motel and providing feedback following your stay at the Ocean View Motel.

The local team and I are pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay overall and thank you for highlighting some of the key attributes for the Motel. We are continuously striving to improve on guest service and the response from our team as well as soft furnishing updates and this will also improve the look and feel of the bedrooms.

It is fair to say that the Motel offers good value for money and with its proximity to a host of beach’ and numerous dining options the location is quite favourable.

We hope to see you soon and if I can be of any further assistance at all please do let me know.

Albany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013

definitely value for money.The staff have spot on customer service. It has been a long time since a hotel has bent over backwards to make sure I am happy. Any problems tell them it will be fixed straight away. I will be staying here whenever I am in Perth and I travel often being in the travel industry

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Michael C, General Manager at Ocean View Motel, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Dear Reviewer

We are delighted to hear you were so pleased with every aspect of your stay and I’m so happy we were able to respond to your requests in a favourable manner.

Thanks also for your comments concerning your comfort and cleanliness of the bedrooms, these are well received.

I have shared your great feedback with all of our Team and I know they appreciate the recognition, thank you.

Hope to see you back at the Ocean View Motel very soon.

Barcelona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013

Enquiry Submitted Online - Still no response.
Hi there,
We are writing to inform you of our disapointment regarding a booking we made through your website telephone number last week.
My partner and I and our 2 year old come up to North Beach to spend the night after having meetings in the city. We really picked out where we wanted to stay for a number of different reasons. 1.) being in an area we had never stayed before. 2.) Ocean views. 3.) Spa bath in the suite room as per the photo graphs on the website. You can imagine our disappointment when we turn up to find that our booking had been taking at another location and we had not been informed about it.
Our child was well over due for a sleep so we had no choice but to take this option. We travelled back down to Scarborough which we had already stayed before and got a room that was on such a busy road and spa bath was not in the actual room as the bed, which we really wanted so our daughter could play while we relaxed but we could still supervise her.
All of the staff were really friendly (however I never actually got an apology for the huge inconvenience). I did get told however that this happens a lot. May I suggest that it is made clear where you are making the booking when talking to customers that call through this website number. I look forward to your response

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank BlueBellBarcelona
Dear Reviewer

It would appear that on the evening in question, we potentially failed to manage our bedroom sales in a correct and accurate manner. May we apologise most sincerely for this oversight. Be rest assured that this oversight, however unacceptable is quite rare as we have a strict and clear policy on over selling of bedrooms within our properties. Please accept my apologies once again for the inconvenience of the error.

I trust that you will give some thought to returning and staying with us. Should you have a requirement for accommodation in the area please call me directly as I will be delighted to ensure you have a favourable rate and of course an altogether better experience on your next stay.

Once again thank you for taking time to feedback to the Motel, if you should wish to discuss any further aspects of our reply please do feel free to call me.

Travellers are raving about these North Beach hotels

Townsville, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2013

What is it with accommodation in this city!! My partner stayed here for 2 nights while on a work trip and was yet again disappointed. Whilst the ocean and sunset views were great (although if you're in a ground floor room you'll have to walk down to the beach because ground floor rooms don't have any substantial view) the list of things wrong goes like this. No ironing board. Iron covered in black muck that stained a brand new shirt. Hairs and mould-covered ceiling in the bathroom. Peeling paint. Sliding security door doesn't lock. Not enough car parks. Shower temperature constantly shifted between hot and cold. Outdoor furniture old and rusting. Lack of powerpoints. Very small rooms.

He advised that he would be arriving late but did not receive a response. When he arrived the office was closed and he had to search around for ages for a small note that had been left. Staff did not answer e-mails during the stay.

The only positives were the location - 30 seconds walk to the beach, walking distance to shops, restaurants and pubs, 20 mins drive to Perth CBD.

Maybe if they spent some money doing the place up I would score it higher. If you're just looking for somewhere to sleep then it's adequate, if you're looking for a holiday destination find something else.

Room Tip: Upstairs has a view
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Dear Reviewer

Thanks you for your feedback following your stay at the Ocean View Motel.

Reading through your review it is clear that your stay could have been much better. Whilst we cannot change the size of the bedrooms which we feel are of a good size, we wanted to write to make you aware that we have commenced on works which will see an uplift to the look and feel of the Motel. We have already made some changes to the grounds around the building as well with the aim of improving on the look and feel of the Motel.

Whilst we could not trace emails from ocean view motel which remained unanswered we would always encourage guests to call us as well should there be an issue we need to attend to. Whilst our local reception is not a 24 hour service, guests do have access to a nearby 24 hour reception service available and with reasonably good response times to our guests.

Your point about the location of the Motel is very well made, set back from the Ocean on Lawley Street we are within minutes walking distance to the beach and within minutes driving distance to some of the Sunset Coast's great tourist attractions.

I was concerned to read that you felt the room was not cleaned to your satisfaction, we have employed a completely new team in housekeeping at the Motel and by and large the feedback since this decision was taken has been quite good, may we apologise should you have felt that some aspects of your room lacked in cleanliness.

Please feel free to call me at any stage should you wish to consider staying with us again, I would be very happy to make suitable arrangements for you. Thanks once again for your feedback which is much appreciated.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2013 via mobile

Upon arrival, we were greeted with a friendly and helpful receptionist. We had been upgraded to an ocean-view room on the first floor.

Unfortunately we had to lug two heavy suitcases up a set of of stairs as there is no lift. Looking around we weren't the only ones who struggled with the same problem.

The room was small and basic, but clean and tidy with a lovely view over the ocean.

Over the three nights we stayed there, we came and went at different times of the day. It seems any time after 4pm you struggle to get a parking spot and one night we had trouble parking on the road outside.

Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Michael C, General Manager at Ocean View Motel, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Dear Eddie

We are very grateful for your feedback following your recent stay here at the Ocean View Motel. It is refreshing to learn that overall you had a pleasant stay, thank you.

Your point concerning luggage is a well- made point and it is a good opportunity to point out to other readers that the Motel does not have a lift service, we do of course where possible assist guests in taking luggage to rooms located on level 1.

On a lighter note we greatly appreciate your kind note about the welcome offered by the team at reception and cleanliness of the bedrooms.

We look forward to seeing you again soon and please do not hesitate to contact me if I can assist with any arrangements for you. Once again thank you for taking time to feedback to the Motel.

Darwin, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2013

Cost: stayed two night. When I booked, was told the price would be $125 for first night and $145 for second night (was charged $146 for each night);
Fridge: the fridge decided to stop working on the first night - we had milk and yoghurt in the fridge;
Dripping tap: the tap in the bathroom dripped all the time - very annoying;
Bedside light: initially both lights weren't working at all - discovered (by moving the bed!) that neither light was plugged in. Fixed that problem, however, it appeared that one of the lights has faulty wiring - very dodgy.
Would have advised the manager but the office hadn't opened when we went out for the day at 9am, and was closed when we got back at 4.30pm (office hours were 8.30am-5pm). Thankyou.

Room Tip: Definitely don't choose a 'standard', room, because they are anything but 'standard...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Reviewer

Thanks you for your feedback following your stay at the Ocean View Motel.

It is clear that your stay could have been much better. I am sorry to learn that you encountered so many inconveniences during such a short time. Whilst we cannot undo your experience we can assure you of an all- together better experience the next time around. With an improved maintenance presence and an engaged housekeeping team we hope that you will return.

I was concerned to hear that you felt we overcharged you and would be pleased to look into this at any time for you. Please feel free to call me to discuss this in more detail.

If you are considering to stay with us again, I would be very happy to make suitable arrangements for you. Thanks once again for your feedback which is much appreciated.

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Beach
Joondalup City Hotel
Joondalup City Hotel
#4 of 4 in Joondalup
Quality Resort Sorrento Beach

Been to Ocean View Motel? Share your experiences!