“Nice place by the beach”
Review of Quest Scarborough

Quest Scarborough
Melbourne, Australia
“Nice place by the beach”
Reviewed 5 May 2012

I stayed in one of the hotel rooms for 2 weeks during April 2012.

The hotel/service apartment is located next to the beach in Scarborough, roughly 10-15 minutes away from Perth CBD by car. I was working nearby and it was a good choice for me. Staff members were friendly and helpful during my stay. They pointed me to nearby restaurants, supermarkets and places to visit.

It doesn't have a restaurant but offer charge backs to a handful of nearby restaurants, some of which do deliveries which was convenient for me after a tiring day at work. I had no trouble with traffic noise even though the balcony faces the main street.

I enjoyed my stay here thanks for the staff at Quest Scarborough.

Room Tip: Choose the bigger service apartments if you have a family with you. Otherwise the smaller rooms will...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Kalgoorlie
Reviewed 17 April 2012

We booked into the Quest after our honeymoon booking elsewhere was cancelled on us 7 weeks before hand.

The staff were very friendly over the phone and even better on arrival.

The hotel is a great base for those on extended stays. The secure parking is plentiful and very easy, with great access to the elevator and lobby and only $10 a day. Have paid much more for worse.

I was surprised to find out that the apartments are not serviced on public holidays or Sundays, and being the easter long weekend, we only had one day where the room could be cleaned. However the staff were very accommodating and were on hand to provide clean linen and milk when we called.

We stayed in an executive apartment on the second floor. The apartments ar huge and clean. They have good kitchen facilities including a dishwasher and a handy laundry. The views are nice but limited. The hotel is whisper quite (between rooms that is) and the aircon is really good.

The bed was comfy, except that Quest has stuck to their strange plan of using king single beds pushed together. I checked with reception just incase another room didn't have this, but was informed they all do.

The location is very close to Brighton Beach and a great new cafe, The Wild Fig only 100 metres away.

My only problem is the location of the hotel in relation to the highway. It is SO loud being near the intersection of West Coast Hwy and Brighton Road that you cant leave the sliding balcony doors open for the sea breeze.

We would definitely consider using the Quest for future stays, but probably ask for a room on the northern side away from the road, however this would have no view!

The value rating is down as we stayed on public holidays and paid top rate. However it is not always this high.

Room Tip: If not concerned with a view, ask for a room in the North Tower away from Brighton Road intersection...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Brendan R
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 12 April 2012

My husband and I stayed here for four weeks. Lovely to have a kitchen that is well equipped. Just three minutes walk to the beach. Lively with lots of people enjoying a swim, fishing, having a picnic with a loved one, family and friends. Or simply catch the sun, relax, chill out and soak in the vast sandy white beach all around.

Kitchen utensils were basic. My ‘picky’ point would be that housekeeping was only available once a week. But there is also a washing machine and tumble dryer where we can use and this we could wash our towels ourselves (ie. if you can't wait for a week). This was a corporate stay so it could be the different rules. Nevertheless, housekeeping were very obliging if ever we needed something for the room i.e. once we have phoned receptionists to ask for housekeeping. Newspapers are mostly available each day and that’s free.

Overall, a good stay but pricey. We had to stay one extra night and found out the costs!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank aster_palms
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 24 October 2011

I recently stayed at this hotel, having enjoyed my first visit back in February. The booking process was once again fast and efficient and I was provided with exactly what I asked for. Staff are friendly and helpful and shops and restaurants are only a short walk away. I found my room to be clean and modern. It was near the pool and this was a good choice as this was a particularly quiet area. The bedroom sliding doors lead to a private courtyard with a small gate allowing me to conveniently slip into the heated pool. The car park is fully secured with easy access from the lifts. I would gladly recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank vincent010
Sydney
Reviewed 8 October 2011

A month ago I made a booking with the Quest Scarborough for a one bedroom executive apartment for 4 nights. The Quest required full prepayment, and no cancellation of the booking as they said it was a busy period for them. This was done.

Then 2 days ago I have a call from them telling me they would have to cancel my booking and locate me elsewhere in Scarborough as they hadn't accommodation for me for the 4 nights I had booked. Some regular guest required my room!!!! I was completely in shock. What sort of establishment does this, especially when their booking terms were - "Please note that no changes are allowed to any reservations made with this package as the rates are non-refundable and non-transferrable."

What would happen if I needed to cancel the accommodation, would they have bent their rules for me also?

Do not book with this establishment, you cannot be sure that a booking is a true booking, even when you pre-pay.

They did find alternate accommodation in Scarborough for me, but that is not the point. I specifically wanted to stay at the Quest Scarborough, and will now not stay there, and would definitely not book them again, for fear that the same thing may happen.

Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
7 Thank freddiefrog
QuestScarborough, Manager at Quest Scarborough, responded to this review, 12 October 2011
We value any feedback from all of our customers. This client was fully compensated for their stay and relocated to an alternative local accommodation provider nearby to Quest Scarborough.

Quest Scarborough provided the client with advance notice and ensured that the client was not out of pocket in any way. As an act of good faith we paid an additional charge for the client to be upgraded as further compensation for any inconvenience.

Quest Scarborough did everything we could to look after this client and we thank you for your consideration.

Tasha Platt
Franchise Manager
Quest Scarborough
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 September 2011

We stayed here for just over 2 months from April to June after finding our booked holiday let down in Belmont was absolutely disgusting.
We had a 1 bed apartment No 32 (sea and pool view :-) ) the room was fantastic and spotless, cleaned once a week which suited us as we were there for a while and didn't need it cleaned everyday. Everything you would expect it the room, Digital TV x2 own outside phone line with our own number, so family from Scotland could contact us directly without going through reception.
Location is pretty much right on the beach, just a short walk down to the sea. Which meant we didn't use the pool much. Shops and restaurants also very close.
The staff were all very nice and helpful, even when an ash cloud prevented us from flying to Melbourne they managed to extend our stay a few more days, and even helped us pick our accommodation in Melbourne, another Quest apartment.

The only down side I would say was that the cooking facilities could have been a bit better. There was only an electric 2 hob unit and a microwave come oven type thing.

Overall we had a great stay and would recommend to anyone looking for something special.

Room Tip: Room 32 1 bed apartment with sea views
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Xb12ss
United States
Reviewed 14 September 2011

We stayed at QUEST Scarborough Beach for about 6 weeks while looking for a rental home in the greater Perth area. With us were our 2 kids aged 1.5 and 6. We were booked into a 2 bedroom apartment which actually turned out to be two hotel rooms with doors opening into the same small hallway. This was OK for us, since my kids were small, we used the larger hotel room for living and the smaller was just used for sleeping. This could be an issue with slightly older kids.

The hotel was lovely - modern, clean, spacious. It was a good size for our family. Close to a supermarket (we could walk), restaurants, chemist etc. And of course the beach which os gorgeous.

Two things that I offer for you to consider before staying here. The kitchen in the larger of the two rooms was small. Two hot plate style burners and a microwave/convection oven. Very little cook ware is supplied so you really can't feed a family in here without buying some pots/pans and dishes. Also - the eating area was carpeted and with two small kids, this quickly becomes soiled, despite my best efforts to clean up. Housekeeping comes everyday to replace towels and tidy the bathrooms, but a real clean only happens once per week.

The staff were friendly, and helpful. The pool was lovely but the heating system was out of order for most of our stay.

In the end I would stay here again, but the value for money was not the best.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Jjparsons3
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scarborough
Sunmoon Boutique Resort
East Perth
Fraser Suites Perth
Fraser Suites Perth
#11 of 65 in Perth

Been to Quest Scarborough? Share your experiences!