“Great place to stay”

Quest Scarborough
Perth, Australia
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Our stay in an apartment was wonderful. Began with an easy check in by very delightful check in staff. Room was clean and well appointed. Had all we required. Great night sleep then the next day service staff came to tidy room and again both delightful. I have stayed in a lot of hotels across Australia for business and Quest Scarborough is certainly one I would recommend for value for money with great service and well appointed rooms. Love the fact they even have plunge coffee available in the room. Well done you have a a very happy customer

Room Tip: North side we stayed and all good
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
QuestScarborough, Manager at Quest Scarborough, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Hi Jill P,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such wonderful feedback about your recent stay. I am delighted to hear that the team's service exceeded your expectations and that you had an enjoyable experience. I will definitely pass on your kind words to our team. We are part of the Quest Serviced Apartments Group and have an impeccable standard to which we keep our apartments so we are pleased to hear that you found them very well appointed.

Upon your next visit to Quest Scarborough, please contact me so I can give you a thank you gift for your valued feedback. Our team looks forward to seeing you again soon!

Franchise Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Our stay, as a family of four was extremely pleasurable. The service was fantastic! The booking process was fast and well executed. The pool was lovely and the location was even better. The beach being close by and the great selection of restaurants made it even more enjoyable. The appliances were top-notch and of a very high quality. Highly recommend choosing Quest Scarborough!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Hi Jessica B,

Thank you for sharing such positive feedback about your recent stay. We love looking after all our guests and find our apartments very suitable for families. Quest Scarborough is in an ideal location and with many more restaurants opening in Scarborough in the near future, it is becoming a popular tourist destination.

We have a wonderful team who take joy in serving our guests and making their stay extremely enjoyable. They will be so delighted to hear your encouraging comments. Please let me know when you next book so I can give you a thank you gift for your lovely feedback.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Booked online - Prepaid rate.

Check in was fast and friendly.

Facilities are OK. We had 2 apartments connecting with a sitting area in between. The espresso machines - after following a full page of detailed instructions - managed only to leak water all over the kitchen counter. It's nice to have a washer and dryer in the room.

The king bed in the master bedroom isn't a king. It's two twins pushed together. Not comfortable at all.a

Street noise is significant, and the curtains don't black out light so if you need dark and quiet to sleep, try another place.

Location is good, but the two restaurants below are both pretty average.

Parking - they charge a fee.

Internet - $20/day for "I think maybe 2 devices but not sure, so just try it" never worked. We spent hours trying to get internet working and of course it was the fault of our device(s) and not the provider. Funny how only one of our 8 or 9 devices was able to connect, and that one only for a couple hours. DO NOT COUNT ON HAVING INTERNET ACCESS IF YOU STAY HERE. Management did refund the internet charges.

No Gym

Small pool.

Because I needed to do some work and my son needed to do home work, we elected to terminate our stay early to move to a place that has functional internet. Management refused to refund the 3rd night of the stay "because it's a prepaid rate". I will be taking this up further with them however they demonstrated absolutely zero compassion for the customer.

I had also - earlier in the stay, before we decided to leave early - asked for a late check out on our last day and again the hotel would not accommodate this simple request and only would stretch 10:00 checkout to 11:00 checkout - or make me pay. Again, a lack of customer focus in my opinion.

If your needs fit exactly within their rules and their inability to adjust for any exceptions to the rules, then you can comfortably stay here and enjoy the nice facilities in the apartments. If you require the slightest flexibility, stay elsewhere.

Unfortunately this is my 3rd "bad" stay with Quest properties in Australia, so Quest is now permanently off my list. In all cases they demonstrated the same lack of customer focus and general inflexibility... plus in all 3 cases the internet wouldn't work properly!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank j889814672
Hi j889814672,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. We appreciate your comments about our friendly and efficient check-in. I will be sure to pass on your compliments to our staff. We have a number of local gyms within walking distance in Scarborough. Our car parking does incur a fee, like other accommodation providers in Scarborough, as it is secure and limited in availability.

The Pre-Paid rate is a popular choice for many of our guests and is lower than other rates due to its cancellation policy and pre-payment requirements. There are other rate options available that provide more flexible cancellation terms if that is preferred.

Unfortunately the issue you encountered was due to your individual computer settings however we have recently upgraded our internet system at the property which has been very successful. We have also placed mattress toppers on all our beds which adds to the comfort level and experience of our guests. The requested late check-out of 3pm was unavailable as our property was fully booked in that apartment type. Alternate apartment options were given to assist you and to provide the best possible solution for your request and the needs of your family.

We always go above and beyond for our guests to ensure they have an enjoyable experience when they stay with us. We are disappointed you did not enjoy aspects of your stay and hopefully you will give us a chance to offer you a better experience when you next visit Perth.

Sydney
Reviewed 6 March 2014

The zipper bed was absolutely dreadful. They may as well have jusy put me and my partner in single beds. Indeed that may have been better.

I was going to write about the pleasant service, the nice rooms, good airconitioning, plenty of power points, nice size balcony with table and chairs and, the well protected and positiioned pool providing all day sun and some shade, but lack of sleep has left me meditating on the charged wifi, the $20 per night charged car parking, the adequate at best shower water pressure, the room servicing that doesn't replace consumerables and which doesn't service rooms on Sundays and public holidays.

It could have been a nice experience but you stay in accomodation properties primarily to shower and sleep. Unless you are going to stay at Quest for any other reason I could not recommend it. Oh unless they have some non zipper beds.

Room Tip: Provided you can be guaranteed a non-zipper bed, the sea view rooms may be better than overlooking t...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SaleenXTRM
Tasha E, Manager at Quest Scarborough, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Hi SaleenXTRM,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. We appreciate all your positive comments and aspects you found enjoyable during your stay. It’s disappointing that you found the beds uncomfortable. The different configuration options (two king singles or one king) allows for flexibility for all guest requests and requirements which is required on a regular basis. You will be pleased to know that all our beds are now equipped with comfortable mattress toppers which adds to the comfort level and experience of our guests.

Our car parking does incur a fee, like other accommodation providers in Scarborough, as it is secure and limited in availability. We have a number of different reasonably priced internet packages to suit individual preferences. Our Housekeeping team do not disturb guests on Sundays or Public Holidays however our staff are always more than happy to provide guests with replenishment of consumables etc should you require them.

We would love to have you stay again and experience the mattress toppers which will make your sleep very restful and enjoyable. You mentioned your interest in our Executive (ocean view) apartments – please contact me upon your next stay and I will ensure you are looked after with a great rate for this apartment type.

Julia Creek, Australia
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Stayed at Quest for many weeks and was very impressed by the excellent location with a fantastic view, the very friendly staff at the front desk who were always helpful and the excellent facility. Our family room was an ample size, underground car parking very good, on site BBQ facilities useful and the security excellent. A great spot, walking distance to Coles, cafés, beaches and outdoor facilities.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that looks towards Fremantle. A great view.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Tasha E, Manager at Quest Scarborough, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Hi Yakky10,

Thank you for leaving such complimentary feedback. I am so pleased that you had a wonderful time at Quest Scarborough. We pride ourselves in offering a “home away from home” for all our guests and excel in providing exceptional service for long-term stays such as yours. Our apartments are well suited to families as they are extremely spacious and well equipped. The location is also a huge plus as everything is within walking distance. Our Executive (ocean view) apartments are very popular and are definitely worthwhile to experience the spectacular coastal scenery.

I will definitely pass on your fantastic feedback to our whole team. Please let me know when you next book so I can give you a thank you gift for your feedback. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

australia
Reviewed 27 December 2013

The accommodation was fine and suited my needs but the service let the facility down. On the night on arrival, I had asked reception to store some boxes of manuals that I needed the next day - i stressed I needed them at 7am. The next day there was no one on duty at the reception desk until 7.20am. I had a pick-up waiting for me and had to call their central reservations to try and get hold of somebody.

Room on day 1 was not serviced until 5pm - after a day of work, the last thing I need is somebody cleaning.

Overall ok for a business stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Perth, Western Australia
Reviewed 14 December 2013

We spent 2 nights at the Quest in Scarborough. The whole experience was very good. The reception staff were friendly and efficient. The room was very comfortable, a good size, and had a fabulous view. Everything went very smoothly. The only reason we didn't give 5 stars was because of the traffic noise.
The pool was very good, although there was no shade.
The nearby restaurants all had very good food.
We would certainly recommend Quest Scarborough to anyone want to stay in Perth.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side have fabulous views down the coast.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scarborough
Sunmoon Boutique Resort
East Perth
Fraser Suites Perth
Fraser Suites Perth
#11 of 65 in Perth

Been to Quest Scarborough? Share your experiences!