“Lovely Location”

Rendezvous Hotel Perth Scarborough
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Scarborough
Reviewed 26 April 2013

We came to stay here at the end of our tour of New Zealand and Aus, with some trepidation. The reviews had been so awful that we considered changing to a hotel in Perth before we set off, as we didn't want our last stop to be a let down. However our booking agent contacted the hotel and was told that the pool would be fully operational and that the renovations would only affect the reception area.
They were true to their word. We spent some time by the pool and had a lovely well equipped room with a stunning view of the coast. There was some daytime construction noise in the lobby but nothing could be heard from the room. We had a wonderful end to our holiday.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 26 April 2013 via mobile

This is my first stay here and it's great. The rooms are a larger size than most and the staff are great. I love the bed too its one of the best I've slept on in a while. Very reasonably priced and the ultimate location if you love those morning swims at the beach.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 25 April 2013

Have stayed here about 5 months ago when renovations were first underway. So nice to come back to the new dinning hall with beautiful new fittings despite the weirdly impersonal clinical feel.
Being now grain free and dairy free, I'm always looking for options. Breakfast this morning was fresh and satisfying. Hot breakfast options of fried eggs, bacon, mushrooms and the most beautiful grilled tomatoes I have eaten in a very long time. I went and spoke to the lovely chef hidden away in the back open kitchen to ask for poached eggs which she was very obligingly happy to make me AND bring out to my table. From this alone, I could tell they have a chef who cares, but when she brought it out garnished with cracked pepper and a few sprigs of watercress, I knew she had pride in her food as well.
Wanting something else to fill the spot, I wandered the cereal bar which is extensive for those who can have, but also had options for me with several bowls of dried fruits and nuts. I returned to the chef to ask "by any chance" did they have coconut milk for my cereal. She didn't, but presented me with bowl of almond milk (now who had THAT handy??) which I was so appreciative of. This really is a rare occasion of a great experience in a Perth hotel and I'm happy to give praise to a chef who is also skilled in customer service.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 16 April 2013

Stayed here in early April 2013, and the renovations were very nearly complete - looks like all the floors and rooms are renovated and they're now working on the remaining public areas. The renovation is being done to a high standard, the service from reception and bar staff is excellent. A great place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 April 2013

Excellent rooms with great beds and bathrooms. Larger rooms than most hotels. Renovations caused problems with elevators and access to the beach but these were nearing completion. Great price as well, and breakfast included. We stayed for 1 night and then came back a couple of days later for 2 nights. On the second day our room was serviced but cleaning was below expectations. Bed was made but little else was done. Bath wasn't cleaned, glasses weren't replaced etc. We were also charged for a mini bar item that we had not used. Possibly just a one of the cleaners having a bad day.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 April 2013

My husband and I and our baby stayed here for one night in April. There are extensive renovations going on at the moment and some parts of the hotel felt a little shabby. Once the reovations are complete though, this place will look fantastic. We were happy with our stay here and would stay here again. My one complaint would be that the room was quite lit up with all power points in use having a bright blue light.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights at Easter, having read previous reviews we were prepared for the state of the hotel with the renovations going on. Found the reception staff very helpful & friendly also any other staff we came across.
Our room was lovely, the bed & pillow were extremely comfortable. Only thing we didn't like was the see through glass between the bathroom & the bedroom, it has a blind but with the light on you can still see the person using the toilet.
We stayed on the club floor & thought the brekky here was one of the best we have had from a club lounge. The staff were excellent, evening drinks & nibblies great & the view incredible.
We had lunch & dinner at the Straits cafe, my meal was fine but hubby's steak came out cold & we noticed several people sending meals back.Some people sent back & complained after eating almost all the meal, if it's that bad you don't finish it & then complain, but that's just my opinion. This was the first week open for the restaurant so we feel they were having some teething problems, we would definitely give them another try.
The renovation will be great once it's finished, just a pity the area, shops etc around the hotel weren't getting a makeover, the area could do with a bit of jazzing up.
All in all enjoyed our stay & will definitely return.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lindyb1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scarborough
Sunmoon Boutique Resort
Fraser Suites Perth
#14 of 66 in Perth
Perth CBD
Travelodge Hotel Perth

Been to Rendezvous Hotel Perth Scarborough? Share your experiences!