4,636 results
All reviews club room straits cafe lobby bar observation deck great view buffet breakfast pool area beach front scarborough beach great room ocean view across the road bars and restaurants indian ocean balcony perth dome
Reviewed 10 November 2013

After a bad experience 6 years ago we thought we would give another try as the Rendezvous is in such a fantastic location. Stayed two nights in renovated king deluxe room. Renovations are very pleasant and room clean with good facilities ... except no bath. The balcony is pleasant even without furniture it is nice to po out and check out the great beach, coastline view. Big problem with sleep quality for us though...the bed is two singles made up as a king? I dont get it? Very uncomfortable in the middle of the bed and impossible to lay together would maybe have been better with a mattress protector over the two to try to reduce the piping where they meet. The airconditioner did its job but Omg noisiest one I have ever come across! Came for two days rest but the nights were very uncomfortable with the aircon waking us several times. The pool is still great. Internet fine. Staff polite but not overly friendly. Could be great as it has so much potential. The beach across the road and a few cafes around. There will be way more choice in the future as there are a large number of renovated empty shops, cafes on the esplanade. Not sure if we would come again.

Room Tip: Ask for another room if the aircon is noisy. We didnt like to complain and thought it would be fine but believe me if its noisy during the day its impossible to sleep at night
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Trip4youandme
Reviewed 9 November 2013

I had a great ocean view room and found it to be a great start and finish to the day. The room and surrounds were clean.

My only complaint was most of the staff. Yes they still did their job, but most of them were clearly unhappy. I don't think it was their fault - if majority of staff are unhappy, you have to point the finger at management. Whatever the reason, it was noticeable.

I went to the hotel restaurant twice - first time looked after very well by a younger man, however the second time I had to send my food back as the potato's were still raw. I don't usually send food back.They did give me a free drink while they re cooked the food.

Besides the slightly unhappy staff, I would stay again based on how clean it was, the location and the great view. Just hope management cheer up their staff.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank MelCAustralia
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Every room seems to have a view. Nice and big room. Great quality, new, flat screen TV, easily viewable from bed.
Lots of power points for charging ipad/phone etc.

Room service menu lots of variety. Tried some of the asian style dishes.

Cheap parking - $10 self park. Car park does look awful though, and lift up to hotel is a mess.

Coles right next door.

Room doors very loud when opening and closing - bangs so loud my bed vibrated.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Room with a view and a balcony. Very comfy bed. Friendly staff. Nice and clean.
Views are spectacular - very close to the beach, and so handy for popping out and walking along the seafront.
Downsides - no chairs on balcony to sit and watch the ocean - but given that there was a chain-smoker below, it wouldn't have been healthy to sit out for long anyway, especially as the smoke came right up to the balcony doors.
(Maybe the hotel might consider segregating the balcony rooms so that the smokers could breathe in each others' fumes and the rest of us could breathe in the sea air?)
Weekend, so quite a bit of music and motorbike noise - but it finished fairly early, so sleep wasn't disturbed.

Room Tip: If you don't want to breathe in someone else's carcinogens, maybe try asking for a balcony room above a non-smoker?
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank UsuallySunny
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We had two nights in the Rendezvous in September 2013 and the room with views was great. We didn't think much of the service on Reception both when we arrived and left they only had one person on with numerous people waiting. Included in our package was breakfast and dinner at Straits Cafe, we actually weren't offered dinner when we arrived however with airline food we didn't need it. Breakfast was good with options of cooked food, continental with some healthy food options too. Dinner was a real disappointment lamb overcooked, duck okay but had little flavour the crowning was dessert it was divine - creme brulee and chocolate tart. Only other thing I would say was that Straits should change their cooking oil more regularly, we kept on getting these whiffs of stale cooking oil floating through the restaurant. Staffing at the restaurant were okay, it looked as if there were a few newbies who didn't know the menu well. Would I stay there again, probably but not sure if I would go with the food options. As I said in the beginning room was lovely.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Judave
Justin P, General Manager at Rendezvous Hotel Perth Scarborough, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Dear Judave,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Hotel after your September trip.

We are certainly aware of some of the service issues we experienced earlier in the year and have been working with the team over the last few months to improve these areas.

I am confident that you would notice the difference the next time you are in Perth.