Rendezvous Hotel Perth Scarborough
US$74
Agoda.com
US$125
  • Restaurant
Ocean View Motel(North Beach)
US$75
US$71
Priceline
Quality Resort Sorrento Beach(Sorrento)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$121
  • Breakfast included
Hillarys Harbour Resort(Hillarys)(Great Value!)
US$321
US$128
Kings Park Motel(Shenton Park)
US$106
US$97
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
West Beach Lagoon(Scarborough)
TripAdvisor
4,348 results
All reviewsclub roomstraits cafelobby barobservation deckgreat viewbuffet breakfastpool areabeach frontscarborough beachgreat roomocean viewacross the roadbars and restaurantsan upgradeindian oceanbalconyperth
Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

The location is pretty much the only thing this hotel has going for it. Rooms have seen much better days and are pretty tacky. Air con didn't work well and two of the lifts were broken. Buffet breakfast was OK. Not ideal for any sort of travel. I wouldn't recommend this place.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Matthew R, General Manager at Rendezvous Hotel Perth Scarborough, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear MissJudel,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay.

The hotel has recent undergone a refurbishment, with the vast majority of rooms being updated. I am sorry you did not like the new look in the guest rooms.

We have had a technical problem with one of our lifts in the last week, with a delay in receiving a part to complete the repair. This has now been fixed. Unfortunately there were some slight delays with the lifts whilst this was rectified.

Thank you once again for your comments, and I hope you have a great day.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

I have just stayed here for the last 6 nights and have to say it is in a fab location, I stayed for the first 4 nights on the 16th floor in room 1617 overlooking the crossroads & the beach. In this particular room I didn't get any sun at all on the balcony & I found it was really windy. The room was really nice & couldn't fault that as such. I really loved the big walk in shower & the bed was lovely & comfortable.
Due to business reasons I had to extend my stay for a couple of nights and was moved to room 2208 on the 22nd floor which was overlooking the pool & beach. It had a lovely sunny balcony, the room was similar to the first but it had a big jacuzzi bath which I did make use of. I did think this room was not as well decorated & the carpet was well worn & the bath did have some burn marks on the bottom.
Wi-Fi is free but can be very slow, at one point I was getting 0.24 Mbps, no good for video calls but ok for the likes of viber,tango etc
People on reception were really nice, I had a quick check in & they were really helpful with a few problems I had.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Matthew R, General Manager at Rendezvous Hotel Perth Scarborough, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2014

Dear Youngy23,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us with your detailed feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to hear that you appreciated the great location of the Hotel and that the newly refurbished guest rooms were to your liking, including the upgrade that was offered to you on extension of your stay. I will address the issues raised in room 2208 with our maintenance team to have them resolved.

I am delighted to hear that you experienced the excellent level of service from our team that strive to offer all of our guests.

Thank you again for your kind words and we hope to have you with us again.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

We stayed on long weekend. (Wedding) Fantastic location. Breakfast very nice.
Room average.
We didn't have a blind between the bath room and bedroom.
Every time we went to the toilet the others had to leave the room, same as having a shower.
Had a extra bed added to room but no extra cup for the extra person.
At least camping you can hide behind a tree.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Gravityo6

Dear Gravity o6,

Thank you for leaving us with your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you appreciated the stunning coastal location of the Hotel and that you enjoyed breakfast with us.

I was concerned to read you did not have a privacy blind in your bathroom and the third person in your room was not catered for. Please accept my sincere apologies. I will follow up on this issue with our housekeeping and maintenance team.

Thank you again for taking the time to review your stay with us.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

I stayed overnight with my husband for our wedding anniversary. I paid extra and got a "Deluxe Front Ocean View Room". Sounds great hey!!!! To start we had to park our car in the street because it is a 4x4 and wouldn't fit under the car park. We got to the room and it was dirty. Black hairs on the bed spread and in the bathroom sink. The balcony had spilt food marks which hadn't been cleaned up. The ocean view was lovely if you were out side on the balcony, but if you went inside and closed the sliding door you couldn't see it cause the windows were that dirty you couldn't see through them. We happened to be there on the only day it rained in months and was cold, so we started up the heater for a bit of warmth. Guess what, the heater didn't work. It would get to 25 degrees and then go back down to 24 degrees, so we were cold. We called the reception twice and got someone up to look at it, who advised us the second time that it was broken and that he would have to get a maintenance person to look at it. WE ARE STILL WAITING FOR THE MAINTENANCE PERSON TO COME LOOK AT IT. We advised the reception of the heater not working and the radio on the bed side table also not working on check out, but they didn't seem concerned at all. (what do you want me to do about it attitude).
We were very disappointed with the hotel, which was a shame because we don't get to stay in hotels very often, and I was hoping it would be special.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kathy S
Matthew R, General Manager at Rendezvous Hotel Perth Scarborough, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear Kathy S,

Thank you for taking the time to give us detailed feedback on your stay with us.

I am very disappointed to hear about the problems you experienced during your stay, especially in regards to how the maintenance team handled the problem with your air conditioning. Please accept my sincere apologies. I will discuss your feedback with the Executive Housekeeper and Maintenance Manager, to ensure similar instances do not occur in the future.

I would like to encourage you to email me at m.richardson@rendezvoushotels.com to see how we can improve the impression of the Hotel that you have after your stay, especially as it was such a special night for you. I hope to hear from you.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

We went here for a family weekend away. We're Perth residents but wanted a place where we could all be together. Our rooms were nice, good ocean views but the beds were terrible. They were not "king size" beds they were two singles zipped together and you could feel the join. Lucky we didn't want an early night as we could here loud music (we assume from the wedding downstairs) until about midnight.

Our beds were so overused they were on a slant and if you moved you rolled off onto the floor. At 2:30am after not getting a wink of sleep we called the front desk and we were moved to another room on the same floor. Had it not been for a family weekend (who were all in other rooms) we would have packed up and gone home.

The restaurant food was nice, the waitresses lovely but the service was terrible. Examples entries ordered at the same time were delivered about 10 mins apart. We ordered cake and ice cream. Our cake was delivered we waited then ate it then after we'd all finished the ice cream arrived. Okay if you're happy to sit around for a while and wait.

Pretty sure we won't be revisiting.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are nice. Rooms are spacious. Check your bed as soon as you arrive and see if you'll get a good nights sleep.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ashton W

Dear Ashton W,

Thank you for leaving your comments on your recent stay with us, I am sad to hear it was not the experience we strive to offer our guests.

I am glad that you appreciated the newly refurbished rooms, but the issues that you had with your beds is unacceptable. Please accept my apologies. If you could let me know what room numbers you were in (m.richardson@rendezvoushotels.com) I will look into this issue.

I was disappointed to read about the problems you experienced with service in the Straits Café, however happy that you enjoyed the food. I have passed on your comments to the Restaurant Manager in order to improve team training and sequence of service.

Thank you once again for your comments, and I hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Rendezvous Grand Hotel Perth Scarborough in the future.