“Pleasantly surprised”

Rendezvous Hotel Perth Scarborough
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Scarborough
Reviewed 8 May 2014

My wife and I stayed from 24 - 29 Apr 14 while attending a family reunion. Having read the many negative reviews from previous months we were pleasantly surprised with our experience at the Rendezvous. Everything ran smooth as clockwork and we were accommodated in a spacious room with great views of the WA Coast. All members of staff were extremely helpful and did their best to make our stay as enjoyable as possible. The overall impression we came away with was of a well run establishment managed by an efficient staff who pride. Themselves on their "can-do" attitude and have overcome the shortcomings that led to the bad press previously posted on this site.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dave K
Write a ReviewReviews (3,976)

Reviewed 7 May 2014

I have not stayed at the Rendezvous for quite a few years and it was good to see that the hotel rooms have been refurbished. The overall impression was good but sadly the after service is not great. I think I left something in my room and sent them an email but never got a response. When I came to checkout there was $354 on my bill from another room a few days prior to my checkin! They removed the charge and then two days later charged by card with this charge without my consent! They obviously realised their mistake and then re-credited my card but the fact that they charge your card without your authorisation and when I had already explained the charge did not belong to me.

Room Tip: Breakfast the same every day - didn't seem to change
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Matthew R, Manager at Rendezvous Hotel Perth Scarborough, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear Robert K,
I was concerned to read of the unsatisfactory service you received after you departed. Please accept my sincere apologies.
In regards your possible item left behind, please email me directly and I will follow up for you. m.richardson@rendezvoushotels.com
Regards

Matthew

Reviewed 6 May 2014

We stayed two nights. We enjoyed the beach, the walk up to the park. The atmosphere of Scarborough was inviting. There were lots of eating and drinking options. Our son enjoyed the pool and the surrounds. We slept well in comfortable beds in a well appointed room that looked north.

Room Tip: Although we could see the sea from our balcony there were rooms that had better views of the sunset...
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We stayed for two nights at end of April. Very efficient staff and excellent room. Breakfast options - buffet at $29 is OK but continental at $20 is a but high. Dinner menu was good, we ate at the hotel both nights

Room Tip: Recommend deluxe rooms. We were on 20th floor - love the walk-in shower.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Overlooking a beautiful beach and with resort style pool this hotel will not disappoint.
Rooms are fresh with comfortable bedding. Small balcony offers partial ocean views and sunsets.
There are BBQ facilities along the beach front park and takeaway/fast food options nearby if you don't wish to use the in house restaurant. Undercover free parking was a bonus you will not get in CBD. Our room was quiet apart from noisy aircon fan which would not turn off unless balcony door was open. Water pressure was hopeless to fill bath but OK for shower. Fast friendly check in and checkout, but after 4 days no sign of $50 deposit credited back to my card.
We would stay again if the price was right.

1  Thank OZY50
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

So recently had a stay here at the hotel, as a business person I usually eat in, and have in room dining. Ordered the 'peri chicken' half the chicken was raw still. I have never had anything this disgusting when the chicken is still raw, and having the room dark with not a lot of lighting you don't realise. Chewing raw chicken is a texture you will never forget. Response from the duty manager was an offer of breakfast in the room.. When what I meant to eat that while I was chucking up over the balcony? The room was nice and the hotel going through renovation, however do not recommend having any food here.

• Stayed: December 2013
3  Thank Charga90

Dear Charga90,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. I was very concerned to read of the problems you had with in room dining. Please accept my sincere apologies.
I note you stayed in December 2013, as such, it is difficult to follow up with the team involved, however I have passed on your comments to the Executive Chef, who will discuss with the team.
Regards

Matthew

Reviewed 2 May 2014

We have just come home from Perth and spent 2 nights at this lovely hotel. We spent most of it relaxing around the pool which is lovely and quiet for such a large hotel. I can't fault our stay at all. Our room was over looking the pool and beach and we couldn't hear any noise from anywhere even though it was the weekend. Would recommend :-)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scarborough
Scarborough
East Perth
Pan Pacific Perth
Pan Pacific Perth
#15 of 66 in Perth

Been to Rendezvous Hotel Perth Scarborough? Share your experiences!