“Re-launched hotel like new”

Rendezvous Hotel Perth Scarborough
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Scarborough
Greater Sydney, Australia
“Re-launched hotel like new”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Having stayed at this hotel many times over the years, I have seen it go through many phases of its life. This was my first stay since its re-launch a few weeks ago, and I must say, it's like a brand new hotel. Now typical of Rendezvous all over Australia, NZ, and Asia, it has a pleasant bar, Straits cafe and a few restaurant specialties relating to the group's Singapore roots. All new rooms, spacious as always, and all the tired old furniture and decor has been replaced with everything sparkling and new. Back to being the west coast's showcase hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the ocean. The sunset is magnificent!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (502)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2014

As part of our world wind adventure in WA we had some downtime in Scarborough and headed to the Ren hotel. I must admit we had a few reservations after reading the reviews on here - well DONT READ THEM. This hotel was AWESOME. We had a room on floor 22 that overlooked the beach and was simply amazing!!! The room was massive and lush. Couldn't fault the hotel staff either, I guess the only thing I could have picked fault at was the car parking at it wasn't clearly marked, however this is a minor, minor thing. There are plenty of restaurants near the hotel and a few clubs and pubs!!! Great great hotel!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Go for level 22 and above!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Matthew R, General Manager at Rendezvous Hotel Perth Scarborough, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Points15,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review. I am so glad that your experience with us went above and beyond your expectations, which is what we would like for each of our valued guests. I shall pass on your kind words to the team.

We hope to have you with us again.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Had a great Three night stay here. The location, and the view from the 22nd floor, was amazing The room and the bed (and the pillows) were very spacious and comfortable, and the staff were very helpful and professional. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Just relax and enjoy
1 Thank Blondielikes2travel
Sydney
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I booked a four night stay here through Qantas and unfortunately the hotel didn't meet expectations. On arrival the manager initially refused to check me in as my photo ID had expired. I provided several other forms of ID (including my staff ID from work) as back up and finally he agreed. All so strange. I had requested a quiet room and my room overlooked the highway and busy cross-street. I could hear the traffic roar as soon as I walked in. The room itself, while titled a 'deluxe king' was decidedly standard with sparse furnishings, and most disappointing of all, no chair on the large balcony. All of the hotel's publicity materials showed loungers on the balconies and I was really looking forward to sitting on the balcony watching the sunset in WA. When I asked the manager about this he said that patrons tended to throw the furniture off balconies so they had to take the furniture away ....! I wondered, what kind of patrons does this hotel attract ...!!! The manager then said that their new regulations have told them to not have balconies (this didn't improve my perception, I just thought to myself that there would be NO reason to stay here at all). I asked to be moved to a quieter room on the other side of the hotel and after explaining the false advertising the manager agreed. It was also bland, tired and sparse ... and a bit quieter. The room information booklet was out of date ... why continue to advertise a 'pillow selection service' and then not offer it? And when asked about it say "oh, yeah, we only have one type of pillow but I'll see if I can find something for you" and then never get back to me? Be aware they only have very big high hard pillows! On check-out the front-desk staff were just odd, no enthusiasm to assist, and it basically summed up the hotel .. tired and listless.

Room Tip: Request a high level room on the north side of the hotel as there is a bit less traffic noise.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank SydneyMissL
Dear SydneyMissL,

Thank you for giving us your feedback on your recent stay. I am very disappointed to hear you thought the hotel was tired and listless.

We do take identifying our guests quite seriously to ensure that privacy and safety is maintained at all times, this is typical Hotel procedure. But I understand how it may have come across as invasive and I apologise that this was the impression given, we do want our guests to feel at home at all times.

I apologise that your first room was not as quiet as you would have liked. We only allocate rooms the day of check in as room availability may vary depending on occupancy.
There is no excuse for the out-dated information in the rooms, nor for the poor service you received. I shall be following up with these issues to ensure they do not occur again. I would like to ask you to contact me at m.richardson@rendezvoushotels.com to further discuss your experience and to see if we can improve on your first experience at the Hotel.

Thank you again for your time and I hope to hear from you soon.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 26 May 2014

The hotel is in need of some love and attention but generally its ok, mainly set up for business conferences etc the rooms are a good size, and are clean and comfortable.There are good eating places within the hotel complex and they are reasonably priced. At the right price the hotel is worth a stay.Located on the beach front it offer beach walks and entertainment on the weekends and has a patroled beach. Public transport is readily available outside.
The down sides are public car parking garage with little security A shower bath tub in some rooms. and a night club next door.If you like the beach, or a nice swimming pool then a stay is worth it.

Room Tip: The 10th floor is really the 1st which is the pool and gym area. So if you want views its best above...
2 Thank winmac01
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Nice hotel in a cracking location. Room was nice, plenty of space, great views over the ocean,

Free parking under the building, make sure you ask for an Ocean facing room to enjoy the view.

I stayed for 5 nights for business, will def stay there again next year.

Good bar with a great range of drinks. Room service was also good quality..

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jason O
Asia
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Probably recently renovated hotel with a modern theme. The lobby is large and new. At check in by a friendly lady, we were told the car park charge is waived and we can get to use wi-fi FOC too. That was a pleasant surprise.

The room is very spacious, renovated and comfortable. It has a small balcony which faces the pool and the sea. It was romantic to wake up to the sea surf daily. We watched sunset from the Observation Deck on level 24. The panaromic views of the coast and the beach are beautiful. The service was good throughout.

The only complaint is the creeky bed.

1 Thank MustardSeed88
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scarborough
Sunmoon Boutique Resort
#4 of 6 in Scarborough
Perth CBD
Travelodge Hotel Perth
Indian Ocean Hotel
#3 of 6 in Scarborough
East Perth
Fraser Suites Perth

Been to Rendezvous Hotel Perth Scarborough? Share your experiences!