“Excellent hotel spoilt by the front desk staffs”

Rendezvous Hotel Perth Scarborough
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Scarborough
Singapore, Singapore
“Excellent hotel spoilt by the front desk staffs”
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

I would have rated this a 5 star if not for the front desk staffs. They seriously needed training in customer service. The Aussie lady at the check in front desk reminds me of those immigration officers in most airports. No smile, just business. Likewise, during check out, I greeted another front desk staff, also an aussie lady, but was told to wait as she was too busy sorting her paperwork. All this without even an eye contact. Amazing!
The saving grace was the staffs at the club room. Very courteous and willing to strike conversation.
The room is great . Very clean, modern and a good view of the ocean. It really feels 5 star , if not for the bad customer service.

• Stayed June 2014
Matthew R, General Manager at Rendezvous Hotel Perth Scarborough, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Dear Des555,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us with your feedback. I am very disappointed to hear that your experience with our front desk team fell so short of the standards we aim to achieve with all of our valued guests. I apologise that this took away from your stay with us and I shall take up the issues with the team in question to ensure does not happen again.

Thank you for your kind words about our Club Lounge team and the location of the Hotel. I hope to have you back so that we can improve on your first impression of the Hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (508)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel earlier this week. The service at the front desk was terrible. I was told if I did not show my license I would not get into the hotel. This is despite staying there every time I travel to Perth for business. I did book through a third party, but the person in charge of the desk has no idea what the term "customer service" means. I called twice for room service - no answer third time I was lucky. There was no replacement order form in my room to order breakfast. I also booked a meeting room there - that was where I did receive customer service. Also the guy who was taking reservations for Straits Café was wonderful. I cannot believe how the service has almost vanished, but the hotel looks very nice. Unfortunately I will have to source another hotel

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Helen R,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am disappointed to hear that your experience with us was not to your satisfaction.

It is a requirement of all third party websites to obtain a copy of a valid ID. If a booking is found to be fraudulent, and the hotel is unable to provide a valid ID to the third party website, the hotel will not be paid for the booking. I sorry, this was not explained on check in.

I apologise for the delay in getting through to room service, and that your In Room Dining order form was not replaced.

Thank you for your kind words on our Conference team and the new refurbishments.
I hope we have you opportunity to welcome you back to show you our regular standard of service.
Esperance, Western Australia, Australia
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We stayed here 5 days ago. The refurbishment is great, reception, Lobby bar, Straits cafe all really impressive. We had a Deluxe King room on 22nd floor with fantastic views of the ocean and the surf club activities. BUT when we went out to the balcony there was nothing to sit on. I asked reception for some outdoor chairs as I presumed that somehow our balcony had mistakenly been left bare. But No. I was told that Management had decided that they would not be putting any chairs on any balconies! What??
The hotel is advertised online, as being a great place to 'sit' on balcony and watch the sunset..........there are also photos of guests doing just that. But we had to stand. Never heard of anything more ridiculous. This is 'coastal WA', people like to sit outdoors and enjoy the views!

This is the one reason I will not stay here again. It is a a shame as lots of things were great, including Celest in Straits cafe. I hope management change their mind on this issue!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Debra G,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. Unfortunately the issue of balcony furniture is not simply a case of not wanting to have balcony seating, but an occupational health and safety issue that we are addressing, with WA Workplace Health and Safety.

Thank you for your complimentary words to Celeste, and our restaurant team and we hope to have you stay with us again.
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 11 June 2014

What an awesome place to stay. I stayed on the Club level floors which are newly renovated as is the lobby. Stunning views of the ocean, metres from the ocean and great walking trails. Close to the AQWA aquarium. Free parking

Room Tip: The Club option is great as breakfast is included along with canapes and drinks pre dinner.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We stayed here just one night and it was a great experience!, we got upgraded to a bedroom with beautiful ocean views, the in-room service was fantastic and on time. One of the things that I observe with more detail is cleanliness and this place deserves more than 5 stars for that; food was amazing, I loved the tower for two for breakfast.

The bed was very comfy and the lighting was great, it was a great experience overall... I highly recommend this place for a escape.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Natycif
Matthew R, General Manager at Rendezvous Hotel Perth Scarborough, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Naty Cif,

Thank you so much for your kind words. I am delighted to hear that our service, facilities and food and beverage options surpassed your expectations.

We look forward to having you back with us in the future.
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We had a room for the night, very nice since it has been renovated. It was nice having a balcony and listening to the waves of the beach a short walk away. The bed was lovely and the bathroom was very clean and modern. The whole hotel has a much needed fresh modern feel now. Bar was nice also. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014
Queenstown
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Apologies for this late review. My wife and I stayed for 5 nights in April. We booked a Club Room and experienced the added bonus of breakfast and sundowners in the Club Lounge on the top floor. Our room was perfect. Our meals in the restaurant were excellent. The breakfasts in the Club Lounge were so enjoyable. Special recognition goes to Raj who was the perfect host and made the best cappuccinos! All the staff throughout the hotel were considerate and friendly. We were always met with a friendly greeting. Sundowners were a highlight of the day with the host/bartender prepared to pour any cocktail requested. The choice of wines were excellent. The nibbles were delicious and something different every evening. The views were to die for from the top floor. We were so happy not to have stayed in the city. We could not fault our 5 night stay at the Rendezvous Grand Scarborough. Thank you!

Room Tip: Club level closest to the beach side.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TIMOTHYG55
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scarborough
Sunmoon Boutique Resort
East Perth
Pan Pacific Perth
Pan Pacific Perth
#12 of 64 in Perth

Been to Rendezvous Hotel Perth Scarborough? Share your experiences!