“Great Views”

Rendezvous Hotel Perth Scarborough
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Scarborough
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We managed to get a deal through Wotif which included breakfast for two and free Wi-Fi in a refurbished deluxe King room with views of Scarborough Beach and further south. At AUD$159 we felt this was quite a good deal. The room was very clean, comfortable and spacious with excellent bathroom amenities. There was obviously a problem with keeping the cooked breakfast foods hot in the bain-maries and the charge of an extra $4 for an omelette was not well-received. However, there was a good choice of cereal and pastries, although the range of fresh fruit was a bit limited. Overall, the breakfast proved more than adequate and the service was very good. We really enjoyed the location and would stay here again if the price was right!

Room Tip: Consider a room with a view which has been recently refurbished
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OB52
Matthew R, General Manager at Rendezvous Hotel Perth Scarborough, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear OB52,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us with your kind sentiments on your recent stay.

I am delighted to hear that you liked the Hotel and thought it was value for your money with great bathroom amenities and very good service. I have taken your comments on board regarding breakfast and will follow up with the Executive Chef.

Thank you again for your words and we look forward to having you stay with us again

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Great location but unfortunately even a reasonable renovation cannot save this white elephant.
Rooms are expensive, service is extremely average, in fact the only plus is the location.
You guys really need to lift your game, especially in view of the pices you are charging.

Room Tip: Make sure your room as been renovated and is near the lifts. But really they are all very average, n...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Mandamah,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us with your feedback after your recent stay with us.

I am sorry to hear your feedback, as we pride ourselves on our service and value for money. I will take your comments on board, as we continue to work towards improving our service and facilities.

Thank you again for your time.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Feels like it's been recently renovated. Really like the rooms, very comfortable and a shower! Better than standing in a bath! Parking was easy and free, that's the reason I stayed out of the city. Much easier to get in and out of, if you can avoid the city. This is right on the beach and easy to get around.

Breakfast was just ok. I ordered poached eggs that never came and I thought it was missing a few simple things like baked beans.

The service was really friendly. I will be back again.

Room Tip: Ask for up high at the front facing the beach.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank SWCSydney

Dear SWCSydney,

Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us.

The Hotel has indeed just completed a refurbishment of guest rooms, public areas and facilities, as well as the Esplanade below the Hotel taking on a new look with food, beverage and retail operators adding to the vibrant Scarborough area.

I am disappointed and surprised to hear that you were let down on service and food in the Restaurant, this is definitely not the kind of experience we aim to give our guests. I apologise for any inconvenience caused and I shall follow the matter up with my team.

Thank you again and we look forward to having you back with us.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

We only stayed overnight for our anniversary we enjoyed the celebration package on offer overnight accommodation dinner and breakfast. The lobby was very nice as was the rooms newly renovated and looking very fresh and modern beds are comfortable. The only thing I could see that was missing was the views were fabulous but you had nowhere to sit as no furniture on balcony this may have been a safety issue? as it was raining when I stayed there it did not bother me. The only other problem parking underneath was not secure but I was told that it was going to happen in the near future. Everything else was great including the dinner and breakfast and I would recommend this hotel to anyone

Room Tip: great a room with a view overlooking the ocean
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2014

The newly renovated hotel looks great, lots of eateries within the building to keep you satisfied for any nibblies or coffees required. 17th floor was fantastic - overlooking the resort like pool and the beach, with a perfect view of the best sunsets in the world over the ocean.
Pros: not overly expensive and good packages available, great views and friendly staff
Cons: not a big one but the room service menu is limited and far too pricey to be a decent option to staying in.Given the amount of eateries in the vicinity this is easily overcome

Room Tip: Go high up and ask for beach views or pool views (you still get the beach) if you can squeeze a requ...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Matthew R, General Manager at Rendezvous Hotel Perth Scarborough, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear S G,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us with such kind words on your recent stay at the Hotel.

I am delighted to hear that the newly renovated guest rooms and facilities were to your liking and that you found your stay as value for money with our Team providing you with great service.

The Scarborough area is indeed a growing food and beverage precinct with great options to choose from besides Straits Cafe and the Lobby Bar within the Hotel. I am disappointed to hear that you found our room service options dear but happy to know that you sampled the variety that Scarborough has to offer.

Thank you again for your compliments, I shall ensure the team hears them.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Terrific stay for 5 nights during first week of Vic school holidays.Like new hotel after recent renovations.Clean room with great views(17th floor).Comfortable bed,clean bathroom ,hot shower,large TV.Freshly painted new carpet throughout.Lobby like new.Reception and concierge staff friendly and helpful.
Hotel great,only minor disappointment was the Scarborough area itself.Very much a sleepy hollowWas expecting a lively beachside area but don't get hungry or thirsty after 7.00pm!I think that's Perth in general and I'm accustomed to Melbourne's 24/7 lifestyle.
If you're considering this hotel do not hesitate.Just don't look outside for your 3.00am kebab!.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bdjohnno

Dear bdjohnno,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.
I am glad to hear that you loved your room, as well as the friendly and helpful service received from the Reception and Concierge team.

The Esplanade beneath the Hotel has a number of food and beverage outlets that offer a variety of different dining options, with several more due to open by the end of the year. The hotel also has our Straits Café which is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and our 24 hour room service is also available for those 3am cravings.

Thank you again for your review and we hope to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

We didn't realise how nice this hotel would be with the view from the 19th floor with our little private balcony! The middle of winter in Perth, just a weekend getaway for a rest was just wonderful. The view from our Room looking out to Scarborough and out to the Indian Ocean was beautiful on a clear West Australian Winter's Day. We had an early check-in around 1.30pm and late check-out the next day at 11am. Our refurbished room was lovely and tidy, and with ample room but the staff we encountered made our stay even much nicer.
Matthew Lake at Straits Restaurant, a Brilliant People Person, we wish him every great success for the future. Very interested in you as a person or couple, and talked about the hotel in a very positive way. He should be the Front Man for this Hotel, no doubt. He knows what he is talking about and knows how to treat patrons well. The Lunch we had soon after our arrival was amazing. The Macaroni Cheese Side and the Cream of Mushroom and Bacon Soup, the best I have ever had, and I have eaten out at Restaurants for many years. Matthew never bothered us unnecessarily while we ate, as you may find when dining at other Hotels or Restaurants, and this would be a lovely stay for Newly Weds. Our Room Service Staff were some of the best we have encountered ever. They were so polite and assisted in every way. Lovely people. The remote control device for the television needed new batteries and John the Maintenance Man was great. Efficient and prompt and nice to chat with.
I have only one or two things that perhaps need addressing. I felt the room hadn't been vacuumed and we didn't have enough toiletries and had to phone for more of these. For a refurbished room, the ceiling above the bed had peeling paint which was quite obvious and would look better with maintenance. But overall, a nice stay and would go again, soon!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Tuppence928,

Thank you so much for leaving us with such kind words after your recent stay with us. I was delighted to read your review and hear that your experience was of the high standards we aim to offer our valued guests.

The Restaurant and Kitchen teams will be just as happy as I am, I’m sure, to hear that they have surpassed your expectations. In regards to the issues with your room, I do apologise and I shall make sure these matters are dealt with and do not arise again.

All of your compliments will be passed on to the team, and we look forward to having you with us again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Scarborough
Sunmoon Boutique Resort
Fraser Suites Perth
#14 of 66 in Perth
Perth CBD
Travelodge Hotel Perth

Been to Rendezvous Hotel Perth Scarborough? Share your experiences!