We had stayed here 10 years ago and had a very pleasant experience. They were our 1st choice of accommodation this time around when I booked our Perth trip. Unfortunately, I had booked the wrong month (for 2 of the hotels) for our trip. I discovered my mistake when the booking agent called to say that I was a 'no show' and that I would be charged accordingly. I emailed the hotel and apologised for the oversight and enquired if I could have the date altered to the following month. I received a rather curt email the following day asking me to deal directly with the booking agent concerned. I am aware that Seashells is not obligated in any way to do so as per hotel's policy but it would have been greatly appreciated if they had accommodated my request. I had made the same mistake with another hotel in Margaret River but the Proprietors were very kind to alter the reservation to the following month as she said there was a vacancy for the date I had requested. I have been in the hospitality service for many years and would know how a customer feels when they are accommodated.
I was charged with a no-show but emailed the hotel again to see if I could re book for the following month as I know that my husband really loves this property. Taking this into account, it really is a gross oversight on my part and not just a lame excuse as I could have booked with many of the other properties along Scarborough Beach. We stayed there for a couple of nights.
Based on my personal opinion, the service has slipped and leaves much to be desired. The reception and housekeeping staff were all very unfriendly. Most of all, I am very disappointed with the way they have handled my situation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Seashells Scarborough is located on Western Australia’s Sunset Coast, only a short 15 minute drive from Perth city centre, Fremantle, Hillary’s Harbour and Challenge Stadium. Directly overlooking Scarborough Beach, each Seashells apartment enjoys stunning ocean views from individual and spacious balconies. Whether you’re watching yachts sail by, or simply enjoying the surf and beach – it’s the ultimate place to relax as the sun slowly sets over the Indian Ocean. A short stroll away there are plenty of shops to explore, beachfront cafes, restaurants and lively bars. Our apartments have been renovated in 2011 to create even more unspoilt beach views and up market furnishings, fixtures and fittings. Seashells Scarborough is the national winner of the 2003/04 Australian Tourism Awards, in the category Deluxe Accommodation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Booking.com, LateRooms and HotelQuickly so you can book your Seashells Scarborough reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seashells Scarborough Hotel Scarborough
- Seashells Serviced Apartments Hotel Scarborough