“Great view and excellent for families...”

Seashells Scarborough
Singapore, Singapore
“Great view and excellent for families...”
Reviewed 7 December 2013

We had 8 (5 adults plus 3 kids) and got the 3 bedroom apartment for 4 nights.

The outlook of the Sandcastles building is dated but I assure you that it's well kept and clean. First impressions of the apartment is that we have everything we need. 3 rooms with a queen sized bed in 2 of them and 2 singles in the last. We had a jacuzzi in the master bedroom toilet with very very nice. The kitchen is well equipped with an normal oven, microwave oven, ceramic cooker, full set of utensils. cooking ware (pots and pans included) and cutlery. Everything is looking good so far. Parking is convenient as there's an underground car park for residents There's also parking just in front of the apartment which is free of charge. The view from the balcony was magnificent which overlooks the Indian Ocean. The staff were friendly and managed to get us checked in an hour earlier than the standard 2pm check in time.

Wifi is not free so do check with the counter staff on how to activate it before you head to your apartment. Coles is just next to the apartment which is less than 2 mins away if you walked slowly. Just take note of their operating hours (especially on weekends). We got spreads, sausages and breads and that saved us quite a bit. Meals in Perth aren't cheap unless you are constantly eating Domino's or Red Rooster.

Overall this is a great place to stay if you visit Perth.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Wollongong, Australia
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I was here recently for 6 nights (8 November - 14 November 2013). I was visiting my son and his girlfriend who live in Scarborough. I opted for a 2 bedroom apartment. I was placed in 107 on the first floor with a very large verandah which captured sensational daytime views of the beach and sensational sunsets. The apartment was very large and well equipped. I agree some of the furnishings were a little dated but it was very clean and well presented. The bedding was sublime. If I was to be picky I would say that the paint needs to be freshened up but overall I thought it was amazing value for money. I paid approximately $235 dollars a night. The only real problem was a little noise from the people next door and a privacy screen between verandahs wouldnt go astray. Overall though I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Phuket, Thailand
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We had stayed here 10 years ago and had a very pleasant experience. They were our 1st choice of accommodation this time around when I booked our Perth trip. Unfortunately, I had booked the wrong month (for 2 of the hotels) for our trip. I discovered my mistake when the booking agent called to say that I was a 'no show' and that I would be charged accordingly. I emailed the hotel and apologised for the oversight and enquired if I could have the date altered to the following month. I received a rather curt email the following day asking me to deal directly with the booking agent concerned. I am aware that Seashells is not obligated in any way to do so as per hotel's policy but it would have been greatly appreciated if they had accommodated my request. I had made the same mistake with another hotel in Margaret River but the Proprietors were very kind to alter the reservation to the following month as she said there was a vacancy for the date I had requested. I have been in the hospitality service for many years and would know how a customer feels when they are accommodated.

I was charged with a no-show but emailed the hotel again to see if I could re book for the following month as I know that my husband really loves this property. Taking this into account, it really is a gross oversight on my part and not just a lame excuse as I could have booked with many of the other properties along Scarborough Beach. We stayed there for a couple of nights.

Based on my personal opinion, the service has slipped and leaves much to be desired. The reception and housekeeping staff were all very unfriendly. Most of all, I am very disappointed with the way they have handled my situation.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank GWalters88
ChrisV6019, Manager at Seashells Scarborough, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay at Seashells Scarborough. We are always so pleased to welcome back return guests, however in this case we are most disappointed to learn of your dissatisfaction with the reservation process.
Whilst we do empathise with your booking the incorrect dates, unfortunately when reservations are made through third party websites, we are unable to make amendments for you direct at the hotel, as you have paid funds to the third party. We do encourage all guests to carefully check and read their confirmation paperwork when making reservations. We do feel that we have taken the correct channels of communication in this instance; however agree that including yourself in all correspondence could have improved on any confusion or delay in reconfirming your reservation.
Thank you again for your feedback. Should you be travelling to Perth again we would love to welcome you back to Seashells Scarborough and I would be only too pleased to personally take care of your reservation.

Regards
Jemma Moran
Property Manager
Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

Had 2 rooms 304 and 305 for my family members. Both of these are 2 bedrm service apartments located on the 3rd floor.

1. Apartment were clean and generally comfortable. However do not expect modern furnishings. As per subject title, decent place at a decent price.

2. Wi Fi in the apt as to be bought. However you can purchase a sim card from any telcos eg: telstra, optus, vodafone at around AUD50 and you can get around 1000 dollars of calls and 1gig data which can be shared among friends or family via hotspot.

3. Did not use the pool on the 1st floor but looks pretty nice.

4. The view from my rooms were absolutely breathtaking. You can see and hear the waves just about 30m away from the apartments. The view in the evening and the view in the morning gives a different perspective of life and chilling out at your balcony will definitely make you feel relaxed and free of worries.

5. Supermarket like Coles is within crawling distance. And don't forget to try a bacon and cheese hamburger right beside a fish and chip store near Coles.

I will recommend this to families looking for a few days to chill at this lovely beach.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We needed a 3 bedroom apartment and were put into the apartments next door, the Sandcastle Apartments. I think they are run by the same management team. Unfortunately the pool is closed until December for refurbishment, but we were given access to the pool at Seashells when we asked. The apartment was clean, well equipped and the beds were comfy. The location, with the beach directly over the road and supermarket next door was fabulous...what a view to see every evening and every morning!!...The apartment was getting a little tired, but nothing that affected our stay. The SPA bath was a great way to unwind at the end of the day..We LOVED it. Note that the reception is not open long hours, so make sure you get all questions answered before mid afternoon. There is a very very nice cafe on the south side of the apartments, very busy but worth visiting.

Room Tip: Dont forget to ask about the Sandcastle apartments if they dont have any ocean view rooms left at th...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Tracey B
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Great location extremely close to the beach, supermarket and eateries. The unit was clean and well furnished, although a bit tired. I self catered and had everything I needed. I was over for work so didn't have time to enjoy all facilities but the pool and barb q que area looked very inviting. Staff were welcoming. Car parking was free - not like your city hotels!!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Sin
Reviewed 22 October 2013

its always worth to consider staying near an apartment with a sea-view.

Location: Near to supermarkets where you can grab your groceries within walking distance

Staff: Friendly and helpful staff. The booking indicated the operating hours is till 6pm on weekdays but when we reached there the staff knocked off for the day. We realised the operating hours is till 4pm on weekdays only. Lucky we met a friendly staff who was about to go home and she assisted us with the check in for the keys. Nice one !

Apartment: The view was good but the kitchen is abit run down. The utensils are dirty so we do not feel comfortable using it.

Room : Neat and decent place to stay.

Overall: the room are quite high so we expect high standard of the cleanliness. Not a bad place to stay in.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
ChrisV6019, Manager at Seashells Scarborough, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Thank you for feedback regarding your recent stay with us, we place great importance on all feedback from guests, as this is the most effective method to improve our product and service.

It is disappointing to hear that the cleanliness of the kitchen utensils was below par; this certainly does not depict the high standard that we continually endeavour to uphold. We do encourage guests to report any issues with the apartment direct to reception as soon as they become apparent. This allows us to send in our onsite team to rectify the problem as soon as possible.

We hope we can welcome you and your family back to Seashells Scarborough Beach. Do not hesitate to contact me direct at the property should you have any future enquiries.

Kind Regards
Jemma Moran
Property Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scarborough
Sunmoon Boutique Resort
East Perth
Fraser Suites Perth
Fraser Suites Perth
#11 of 65 in Perth

Been to Seashells Scarborough? Share your experiences!