“Shall miss it”

Seashells Scarborough
Cornwall, United Kingdom
“Shall miss it”
Reviewed 31 December 2013

We stayed here for 12 days and were very happy with our stay. On arrival we had a warm helpful welcoming and were given the keys to our apartment, WOW! what a view to look at every morning, the apartment itself could perhaps done with a little bit of T&C in places but it had everything we could need for our stay and was very clean and comfortable, the pool was great for our son and it had plenty of sun loungers to relax on. Also there was a outdoor sauna was great to use and then dip into the pool to cool off. If you are holidaying at scarborough and looking for somewhere to stay then this is your place, you will not be disappointed. Seashells thank you for a pleasant stay, we will miss you.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Lee, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 December 2013 via mobile

We are currently staying at these apartments & cannot recommend them enough.
Checking in is easy and the 2 ladies on reception were smiling happy & told us everything we needed to know answered all our questions including tips on what was going on around the resort.
The rooms are great with everything we need.
The pools small but safe clean & tidy 1 has it's own BBQ facility.
Best of all the location Perfect the views the room breath taking.
17/12/2013

Stayed December 2013
1 Thank neil p
Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 December 2013

This place is perfectly situated but I felt this meant some complacency had set in. The decor was tired, it was impossible to get a decent shower and the barbecue didn't work. We reported this and we were recommended to use another BBQ in an adjacent block. Even more than this these the apartments are not secure & people came in off the street to use the pool. For example on one occasion there was a pool party at 2am and on another evening 20 people came in and used the pool and had a picnic. There were cobwebs in the sitting room which meant it didn't look clean and there was barely enough crockery or glasses for 4 of us. All in all a very poor experience.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank OrangeDandelion
ManagerSS, General Manager at Seashells Scarborough, responded to this review, 5 January 2014
Good Afternoon Elizabeth,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay here with us. It is disappointing to learn that you have not left having had a good Seashells experience. We always endeavour to ensure our standards are upheld to the highest degree to ensure the comfort and wellbeing of our guests at all times. Should anything arise during your stay we always encourage any queries to be reported to our friendly reception staff in order for the issues to be promptly rectified.

Here at Seashells Scarborough Beach we have a full team on deck 7 days a week consisting of housekeeping, maintenance and front desk staff, they are here to make your stay as comfortable and pleasurable as possible. We also have a 24 hour caretaker who can be contacted to attend at any time should any queries arise after office hours.

We would love the opportunity to welcome you back to Seashells. Do not hesitate to contact me on 9341 6644 should you wish to discuss.

Kind regards
Jemma Moran
Seashells Scarborough Beach
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 7 December 2013

We had 8 (5 adults plus 3 kids) and got the 3 bedroom apartment for 4 nights.

The outlook of the Sandcastles building is dated but I assure you that it's well kept and clean. First impressions of the apartment is that we have everything we need. 3 rooms with a queen sized bed in 2 of them and 2 singles in the last. We had a jacuzzi in the master bedroom toilet with very very nice. The kitchen is well equipped with an normal oven, microwave oven, ceramic cooker, full set of utensils. cooking ware (pots and pans included) and cutlery. Everything is looking good so far. Parking is convenient as there's an underground car park for residents There's also parking just in front of the apartment which is free of charge. The view from the balcony was magnificent which overlooks the Indian Ocean. The staff were friendly and managed to get us checked in an hour earlier than the standard 2pm check in time.

Wifi is not free so do check with the counter staff on how to activate it before you head to your apartment. Coles is just next to the apartment which is less than 2 mins away if you walked slowly. Just take note of their operating hours (especially on weekends). We got spreads, sausages and breads and that saved us quite a bit. Meals in Perth aren't cheap unless you are constantly eating Domino's or Red Rooster.

Overall this is a great place to stay if you visit Perth.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Wollongong, Australia
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I was here recently for 6 nights (8 November - 14 November 2013). I was visiting my son and his girlfriend who live in Scarborough. I opted for a 2 bedroom apartment. I was placed in 107 on the first floor with a very large verandah which captured sensational daytime views of the beach and sensational sunsets. The apartment was very large and well equipped. I agree some of the furnishings were a little dated but it was very clean and well presented. The bedding was sublime. If I was to be picky I would say that the paint needs to be freshened up but overall I thought it was amazing value for money. I paid approximately $235 dollars a night. The only real problem was a little noise from the people next door and a privacy screen between verandahs wouldnt go astray. Overall though I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Phuket, Thailand
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We had stayed here 10 years ago and had a very pleasant experience. They were our 1st choice of accommodation this time around when I booked our Perth trip. Unfortunately, I had booked the wrong month (for 2 of the hotels) for our trip. I discovered my mistake when the booking agent called to say that I was a 'no show' and that I would be charged accordingly. I emailed the hotel and apologised for the oversight and enquired if I could have the date altered to the following month. I received a rather curt email the following day asking me to deal directly with the booking agent concerned. I am aware that Seashells is not obligated in any way to do so as per hotel's policy but it would have been greatly appreciated if they had accommodated my request. I had made the same mistake with another hotel in Margaret River but the Proprietors were very kind to alter the reservation to the following month as she said there was a vacancy for the date I had requested. I have been in the hospitality service for many years and would know how a customer feels when they are accommodated.

I was charged with a no-show but emailed the hotel again to see if I could re book for the following month as I know that my husband really loves this property. Taking this into account, it really is a gross oversight on my part and not just a lame excuse as I could have booked with many of the other properties along Scarborough Beach. We stayed there for a couple of nights.

Based on my personal opinion, the service has slipped and leaves much to be desired. The reception and housekeeping staff were all very unfriendly. Most of all, I am very disappointed with the way they have handled my situation.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank GWalters88
ChrisV6019, Manager at Seashells Scarborough, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay at Seashells Scarborough. We are always so pleased to welcome back return guests, however in this case we are most disappointed to learn of your dissatisfaction with the reservation process.
Whilst we do empathise with your booking the incorrect dates, unfortunately when reservations are made through third party websites, we are unable to make amendments for you direct at the hotel, as you have paid funds to the third party. We do encourage all guests to carefully check and read their confirmation paperwork when making reservations. We do feel that we have taken the correct channels of communication in this instance; however agree that including yourself in all correspondence could have improved on any confusion or delay in reconfirming your reservation.
Thank you again for your feedback. Should you be travelling to Perth again we would love to welcome you back to Seashells Scarborough and I would be only too pleased to personally take care of your reservation.

Regards
Jemma Moran
Property Manager
Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

Had 2 rooms 304 and 305 for my family members. Both of these are 2 bedrm service apartments located on the 3rd floor.

1. Apartment were clean and generally comfortable. However do not expect modern furnishings. As per subject title, decent place at a decent price.

2. Wi Fi in the apt as to be bought. However you can purchase a sim card from any telcos eg: telstra, optus, vodafone at around AUD50 and you can get around 1000 dollars of calls and 1gig data which can be shared among friends or family via hotspot.

3. Did not use the pool on the 1st floor but looks pretty nice.

4. The view from my rooms were absolutely breathtaking. You can see and hear the waves just about 30m away from the apartments. The view in the evening and the view in the morning gives a different perspective of life and chilling out at your balcony will definitely make you feel relaxed and free of worries.

5. Supermarket like Coles is within crawling distance. And don't forget to try a bacon and cheese hamburger right beside a fish and chip store near Coles.

I will recommend this to families looking for a few days to chill at this lovely beach.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scarborough
Rendezvous Hotel Perth Scarborough
The Richardson Hotel & Spa
Be. Fremantle
Be. Fremantle
#1 of 7 in Fremantle

Been to Seashells Scarborough? Share your experiences!