“Scarborough Beach Surf School”

Scarborough Beach Surf School
Ranked #2 of 11 things to do in Scarborough
More attraction details
Owner description: Scarborough Beach Surf School Perth has offered our students many years of fun, health and recreation. We are proud to be the oldest Surf School in the world! After teaching kids and adult surfing lessons in Perth for more than 30 years, we have seen the long list of obstacles our students have to overcome in order to learn to surf. To put it bluntly, surfing literally can take years to master. But with the help of our internationally recognised Surf Courses and fully qualified local surf instructors, you will be able to avoid many of the common mistakes that students make. We are stoked when we see our students continue to surf for the rest of their lives! Book your surf lesson or surf course online 24/7 and let us introduce you to our super fun surfing lessons Perth.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children
Perth, Australia
“Scarborough Beach Surf School”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

We did a surf lesson as our Staff Christmas Function for 2013 and it was awesome! I would just like to say a HUGE thank you to Keith and your staff for our lesson. Everyone had such a great time and couldn’t say enough about how encouraging and fun our instructors were! It was so much fun and went way to fast, I will definitely be back!

I would 100% recommend doing this as a fun group activity corporate or not, or even as a beginner wanting to learn how to surf, it was so much fun!

Visited December 2013

Perth, Australia
“Scarb Beach Surf School is AWESOME!!”
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I finished my last lesson for level 1 on Sunday and I wanted to say thanks to the team at Scarb Beach Surf School for the great course, the professional delivery added great value to the experience.
Thanks for the reminder txt messages prior to the lessons - this was extra attention to detail. Thanks for the use of the boards and the gear. I thought the whole set up was really superior quality. The attention to safety, fun and passing on the art of surfing was all very valuable.
A special thanks to Keith for his continual upbeat energy and smile, he was really well organised. My thanks to Keith and his team for their help, generosity and continual "amazingness" in what I am sure is a dynamic and complex commitment to ensuring the surf classes remain up to the same continual impressive standard - I loved it and I would recommend it to others. By the looks of attendee numbers the surf school has an excellent reputation that is already wide spread...
All the instructors I had were amazing - they had the best "can do" attitude and what seems like and endless supply of patience!!! I'd like to thank James especially - he was my instructor for most of my lessons. James was a legend, always keen to show me how to improve and was really cool to chat to out in the surf...Thank James!
James and the other instructors were a team of legends....Thanks heaps guys!!! I now need to practice practice practice to make the most out what you all taught me.

I will be in touch for more surf lessons and / or advice on what board to get myself....

Thanks to the admin team (Lisa and co) for the admin support and although I didn't meet you in person....I am sure you guys are of a similar chord to that of your counterparts!!!!

If you are looking for a local authentic experience that gets you active and involved in a legendary sport - get along to Scarborough Beach Surf School - you will learn valuable surf skills and surf safety along with meeting new people and have a ball doing it.

Well worth it and great value - this is a must do for anyone!

Visited November 2013
SurfingPerth, Owner at Scarborough Beach Surf School, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Thank you Lisa for those wonderful compliments about my staff, we are one big family down here at Scarborough Beach Surf School and we all love our jobs! Thats why we are having so much fun! Keith Owner
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Surfing Lessons Perth”
Reviewed 20 September 2013

We would like to thank all the staff at Scarborough Beach Surf School. Last month when we were in Perth my whole family completed their Level 1 and Level 2 Surf Courses; they all had a great time not only on the surfboards but learning about ocean safety as well. Not only do the people having the lesson enjoy themselves but all of us standing in the shallows cheering and taking photos enjoy the experience. I also believe that your staff really do enjoy their jobs and therefore make the lesson that much more enjoyable. Whilst looking at my photos I noticed the smiles on the faces of the kids and the instructors. It is great to see. Our family was taught by Ellen and Tom and felt very confident with their instructions and they were very excited when they got to surf on a fiberglass surfboard in Level 2. I will recommend your surf courses to anyone who goes to Perth and I am sure you will see our family again trying their best on the waves. This was money well spent, there were smiles on the faces of the entire family.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Marisa P
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Surf School in Perth Australia”
Reviewed 19 April 2013

I have just spent the last 3 months working in Perth (the best City in Australia!) and on every day off, I went down to the iconic Scarborough Beach for a Surf. When I first started I bought a 5 x Lesson Surf Course from Scarborough Beach Surf School, these guys have been teaching people how to surf since 1986! Keith the owner wont tell you how old he is Ha ha... Keith and his surf coaches are all Scarborough local surfers and they obviously love their jobs and this shows every time you have a surf lesson - LOL. I stood up first lesson and each lesson after this we were shown different things and put on smaller surfboards. I ended up completing 4 levels and am now a competent enough surfer to have spent the last 4 weeks in Bali on my way home! Thanks to Keith, Ellen, Tom and crew for changing my life. Now i'm surfing the South Coast and freezing! The water temp in Perth is around 77F (24C) and we used board shorts and rashies most of the time, they provide wetsuits when the wind gets a bit brisk (they haven't been to Newquay yet!) if you visit Perth I think the first thing you should do is say Gday to the crew at Scarborough Beach Surf School and get as "Stoked" as I was. check out their website surfschool.com or give them a call. see you in the "Green Room"

Visited January 2013