“Lovely Food”

Coney Winery & Estate
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 30 April 2013

The food was great, which is more than I can say for the "Gruff" welcome we got when we arrived! We had cycled to the vineyard - not that easy in a head wind for 7km!.
The wine tasting area is the bar where you walk in the door, which leaves the entrance to the place very crowded. We saw as many people leave as stay, due to this and the lack of initial service.
Once seated, the service was good (not outstanding) but the food was well worth it!

Reviewed 16 April 2013

Have been here for a wedding - fantastic - and a couple of times for long lunches. Coney's wines are excellent; the venue is beautiful, the ambiance is excellent and long lunches are a feature. They cater brilliantly for events and if you're invited to a wedding there - go!!

Reviewed 3 March 2013

We arrived at about 1.40 when they close at 3, on the Martinborough fair day, with no booking and they were busy. NOT a problem. We four took a seat and enjoyed wine tasting at our table form a very good natured, chatty and informative Tim. Lovely wait staff who were there when we needed them but not hovering. We ordered three entrees to share so they made sure there was a piece for each. ALL delicious. the only disappointment was that three of us ordered the same salmon for main and one the pork. Wished we had all ordered different so we could have shared mains too.All clean plates, had to stop my darling licking his!! Great setting too.
Even more delighted when i asked about the freight on some wine and told that was on them!! can't wait for my case to arrive next week to share with friends. Would definitely go there again if the lovely Marg is cooking.

Reviewed 21 February 2013

Being very familiar with the Coney pinot noir from my local Majestic outlet in the UK it was a real pleasure to visit the source of this fabulous wine. We had an informative and amusing wine tasting provided by Tim Coney as we sat around our dining table and ate a fabulous lunch (lots of Ottolenghi influences) prepared under the watchful eye of Tim's wife Margaret. In addition to the pinot noir I loved the syrah - which I had with my beef dish. The rieslings and Pinot Gris tasted wonderful too - I just wish they were also available at Majestic. The modern cellar door and restaurant space set amongst the vines is charming. I highly recommend a visit to the Martinborough wine region and in particular to the Coney Winery and estate.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

We were able to have a personal tasting at our table before eating. This was nice because as they were busy and we were waiting for the next tasting we were sitting down and chatting, instead of standing at a bar waiting. The owner did all the tastings himself and was informative and quite a character. Food was good, we all had different food and enjoyed them all.