“Perfect Honeymoon”
Review of Petit Hotel

Petit Hotel
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Martinborough
Reviewed 22 April 2013 via mobile

Petit Hotel is perfect. With it being centrally located makes it very easy to explore the local attractions. The rooms are spacious and stunning, with a sun soaked deck an a bath to soak in made for a perfect stay. Mark the manager was very accommodating and would highly recommend the hotel, we'll be back for sure!! Thanks Mark for a great stay!

• Stayed: March 2013

Reviewed 10 February 2013

Very cool...easy online booking...easy access, parking, and self check in. Comfortable and central...v. central,,,,will definitely stay again. Manager, Mark, couldn't be more helpful. Easy access to restaurant (Pinochios) at front door, and right on Martinborough's main street. Not your typical hotel...we were all very impressed.

Room Tip: All rooms are of same quality....difference was size and southern facing rooms had decks
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 January 2013

From the moment of booking this hotel, I had a great experience. Mark, the hotel manager, answered all my questions and I really liked the fact the hotel is unmanned. You just arrive whenver you like and enter a special code to get into the main building and again into your own room. We stayed in the Tuscany room which looks over the main street of Martinborough and looks to the square. The room was absolutely beautiful and the bathroom was stunning, I felt like we were back in Paris but with a lot more room! I had an awful amount of luggage with me as I was doing a local cycle tour but you wouldn't have ntoiced in the room, plenty of space. We ate out every meal time and it was so much to step outside and have a wonderful range of places to choose from just a step away. We ate at the wonderful Medici which I would recommend.

Check out is midday on a Sunday and I love that this place recognises that some mornings you don't want to rush. Mark was extremely accommodating and I really appreciated that he allowed us to stay even longer over the generous check out time so I could shower after my cycle race. I also left my Ipod charger behind and this was promptly couriered to me.

I loved staying at the Petit Hotel and would go back in an instant. If you like using the self check out counters at New World, albeit with a bottle of Moet in your hand, then this is the place for you.

Thanks Mark for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kirsten H
Reviewed 27 February 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this hotel for our honeymoon night. The room was beautifully furnished, fresh flowers were sitting on a table, a bottle of mineral water in the fridge and good coffee provided. The bathroom was huge and the shower had the most fantastic pressure. I only wish we had time to enjoy the bath also. The bed was very comfortable and the feather pillows soft and cosy. We will definately be back to celebrate an anniversary at some stage.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 February 2012

The Petit Hotel is not a hotel with services rather 4 serviced rooms occupying the upstairs area of an old historic building in the main street of Martinborough. We stayed in the Provencal Room which was located at the front of the building. The room was lovely; well appointed with a comfy bed, luxury linen and a spacious bathroom with the added attraction of a clawed bath. However I do have a couple of negative comments to make regarding this accommodation; firstly the cleaning of the bathroom needs to be of a higher standard with regard to the bath and the shower screen both were in need of a thorough clean to remove built up soap scum! secondly unless you are a very heavy sleeper I would recommend one of the back rooms away from the street below because it can get quite noisy at times. Other than that it's a great location.

Room Tip: Back rooms would be quieter
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Noslen2010
Reviewed 13 October 2011

The Petit hotel is not your conventional hotel,it consists of four lovely rooms in an old building in the middle of Martinborough. As a group we booked out all four rooms and the hotel suited our needs perfectly. It is well positioned in the centre of town. The rooms and bathrooms are well appointed and very comfortable. There are no other facilities in the hotel itself. The management team are readily available and happy to help.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 2 October 2011

Now under new management, the revitalised Petit Hotel gave us some fantastically warm hospitality. Right in the heart of Martinborough in a beautiful historic building, it was a very relaxing experience. Thorughly recommend.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Martinborough
0 mi away
Peppers Parehua Martinborough
Peppers Parehua Martinborough
#1 of 8 in Martinborough
Martinborough TOP 10 Holiday Park

Been to Petit Hotel? Share your experiences!