“Amazing holiday experience!”

Ranked #4 of 26 Kerikeri B&B and Inns
Duxbury, Massachusetts
“Amazing holiday experience!”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

My son, fiance and I recently stayed at your resort and had an amazing time! It was a lovely place in paradise with a super friendly and helpful owner. The resort was impeccable and we loved the hospitality we received. My son loved the pigs and chickens not to mention the fabulous dvd collections. The transportation service was fantastic and we appreciated the stop to food store too! We had the best time and would recommend this place highly. Thank you for all you did to make our stay so inviting. This was the best place out of our whole trip to New Zealand honestly!

Guests from Duxbury, Massachusetts USA

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank TylerSophia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Reviewed 9 July 2013

The location is gorgeous and family with a river and plenty of places for kids to run around in.
The rooms are self contained cottages to there is no waking machine or oven. There is a stove, microwave and fridge.
Also a bbq and pool area down near the office.
My husband and I were there on our honeymoon and found it so relaxing and didn't worry about anything.
The host Willem is helpful with attractions and even brings newspapers each day.
Overall definitely recommended and good value.

• Stayed September 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 20 May 2013

My Family and I stayed at Avalon Resort in May 2013. We were greated by our very friendly host Willem on arrival who took us up to our cottage and bought us our welcome drinks. He also let us know about the local attractions and restaurants that were worthwhile. The property is beautifully presented and the cottages were very impressive. Definitely stay here if you are visiting the Bay of Islands region. We will be telling our friends and family to come here too.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Mansfield Nottinghamshire
Reviewed 2 April 2013

This was the first stop in NZ for my wife and me (apart from an overnight in Auckland) and it was definitely one of our most pleasant stays. The whole ambiance of the villa, the resort, Kerikeri and the whole area seemed to us at the time to be idyllic and that is our lasting memory two months on. We would recommend it to anyone not wanting "another hotel". The owner, Willem, could not have been more helpful. We went wrong in our planning as we only stayed for a couple of nights!

California, United States
Reviewed 24 February 2013

The cottages are well equipped and the grounds are lovely! We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. This is a great 'home base' for exploring the bay of islands region of the North Island. It is very quiet and beautiful. We had to ask to 'reboot' the Internet server a few times, but found that to be not at all unusual anywhere in NZ. Free Internet was a great service so cannot complain.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet and each has a fun theme.
Wirral UK
Reviewed 20 February 2013

We stayed here at the beginning of February for a few days in a studio, it was well presented and comfortable. Willem was an excellent host helpful and friendly but not "in your face" .
The property is well located for the local attractions and the setting is idyllic. For the few nights the studio was ample space for two, book a cottage for more room.

Room Tip: For the few nights the studio was ample space for two, book a cottage for more room.
Cambridge, New Zealand
Reviewed 17 February 2013

I had the immense pleasure of staying here for a few days. Upon my arrival I felt very welcomed and was made to feel at home almost instantly.

The unit I stayed in was well beyond my expectations, and the glass of wine that greeted me after a long days travel was very much welcomed, as well as the 'real' coffee that was on offer, and not some sachet of the cheapest pretend coffee you get at most places...They really put a lot of thought into how the resort is perceived and my creature comforts.

The surroundings are just out of this world, and coming from a Flight Attendant background, and having stayed at many resorts during my career, I really felt that this could have been any resort I have visited in my past..

I cannot recommend the avalon Resort enough and look forward to coming back at Easter with my family so we can all enjoy this tranquil patch of heaven

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo