“very warming with a great atmosphere”
Review of The Italians - CLOSED

The Italians
Price range: US$18 - US$29
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Italian owned and operated, the chef is from the Emilia Romagna region, where the Parmesan cheese, balsamic vinegar, Parma (prosciutto) ham and fresh pasta was invented. Specialized in North Italian cuisine with seafood, steaks, pasta, chicken, pork and vegetarian dishes. Everything is cooked fresh from scratch a' la' carte. Pizza available too. Fully licenced and BYOW. Gluten and dairy free options available
Reviewed 18 November 2013

this is a superb restaurant in a tiny little package. Me and my wife both had the pasta and it was cooked perfectly with tons of fresh flavours. The couple who run this place did a great job as it was very busy but this just added to the atmosphere of a wonderful evening. I would recommend this place to pasta lovers like ourselves.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

Dinner with friends, let the chef (Cesare) decide the menu .... the food, atmosphere and service was great. Can't wait to go back!! Highly recommended.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

Cesare and his family run a fabulous restaurant. Warm, welcoming, great service and positively THE BEST pasta I have ever eaten (and that's including in Italy!) All my family love the food here and the fact that you can BYO is a real bonus. Highly recommended

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Cesare's italian food was superb. He makes his bread and pasta and sauces and this place was the nearest I've come to experiencing real italian food outside of Italy. I had his own recipe of seafood fettucine which included generous amounts of scallops and prawns and his homemade sausage - exquisite. This is home style italian food, the place is quite small so important to book. A nice personal touch was Cesare coming around the tables to have a quick chat with his customers once he had completed his last order. I wish we were staying more nights to return to try more of his extensive menu.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

We came to Kerikeri for a "getaway weekend" and foolishly turned up without a booking, however they said they would have a table for us in about 45 minutes. It was humming, so we decided we would go away and come back later. I am SO glad we did! Not only is it a BYO, but the atmosphere is awesome, the chef and owner is a food magician - there was so much variety on the menu I was struggling to make a decision, then this amazing tantalising odour wafted from the kitchen I grabbed the waitress and asked her to order me whatever that was. It was a delectable chicken breast flamed in brandy with a tarragon / brandy / cream sauce. The chef came over to talk with us discuss the flavours and recommend wines. Being a total foody, I was in heaven. Every mouthful was a party.
My husband had a seafood risotto that he just couldn't finish. It looked like 2-3 people could have shared it. In true Italian style, the host didn't want anyone going away hungry. No chance of that. The only complaint was the food was SO GOOD we couldn't stop eating when we were full - entirely self inflicted gluttony. Will try and restrain ourselves next time, but no promises.