“Group Function Feedback”

Chang Siam Thai Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 40 Restaurants in Kerikeri
Price range: US$5 - US$18
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Chang Siam Thai Restaurant is set in beautiful countryside in Kerikeri and is just a few minutes walk from the 'world famous in Kerikeri' Rainbow Falls. The Head Chef grew up cooking with his mum in Thailand and he and his Thai team create the most delicious authentic Thai cuisine. The chefs blend authentic Thai flavours to create sensational dishes and offer a “chef’s special” menu, which is immensely popular. There is an extensive vegetarian section and also Thai dishes for young adults. The extensive wine list is professionally matched to Thai food and is competitively priced. Lunches, takeaway and dinners available every day except Tuesday.Service is a top priority for the whole team and the restaurant has already become widely known for both its outstanding food and attentive (but not intrusive) staff. The whole atmosphere is enhanced by a pleasant décor, live jazz music on Friday nights.
Reviewed 8 October 2013

It is very surprising to read the negative review from the birthday party group recently. My local club held a group function last year. We had the restaurant booked out for our function which included local club members, family and guests and also club members from Whangarei and Kaitaia. As far as I am aware every one of the 60 attendees thought the food was terrific, the service impeccable and our cake was cut to perfection. We are still talking about was a wonderful night that was had by all. I have since frequented this restaurant will family and friends and cannot fault their food, service or management in anyway.

It makes me wonder if this recent birthday group accommodated the workings of a very busy restaurant and if they were flexible in any way to help make it work for everybody. I would expect some delay in the kitchen if a group was ordering a different meal at the same time and it would not surprise me if a meal was mixed up along the way either. It's no big deal in the scheme of things. The expectations of the the birthday group seem a little too high really and we it comes down to it, you make it want you want it to be.

3  Thank Rocky127
There are newer reviews for Chang Siam Thai Restaurant

Reviewed 12 September 2013

I have lost count how many times I have eaten at Chang Siam now, I have been up to Kerikeri three times in the last month and a half and ate Dinner there four times and lunch once! Total Glutton i know!
It is such amazing food, the staff are so friendly and helpful, the decor is authentic (and I love the glasses and napkins! a really lovely touch!) I have managed to work my way through half the menu so far and love everything!
The salt and Pepper Tofu mini dish was my latest discovery which I tried purely on a whim as I have never eaten tofu before, it was amazing! And the chefs special Golden chicken Curry! absolutely fantastic! I had to have it two nights in a row!
I left full, happy and excited for my next visit, and it didn't leave to bad of a dent in the wallet either! serious value for money.

Good work Chang Siam! keep it up! see you in a few weeks!! Excited!

3  Thank Lizy T
Reviewed 23 August 2013

A lovely setting, good service, great food, reasonable prices, didn't have to wait too long, good atmosphere, all in all a great night out.

2  Thank casoak
Reviewed 22 August 2013

The atmosphere here is so relaxing that it's the ideal place to visit after an argument. The peace is infectious! The food is superb and the staff can best be described as smiles with legs -welcoming and attentive. An excellent meal that will not break the bank.

2  Thank Colin B
Reviewed 12 July 2013

5 of us sat down to an evening meal at the restaurant. We all ordered different foods and were pleased with the taste and quality. Being gluten free wasn't a problem, nor did the vegetarian in our group struggle to find something to eat. The wine match was great and the ambience and service made it an enjoyable evening. Moderately priced, tasty food in pleasant surroundings.

2  Thank Karen F