“Cafe Yuk”

Ranked #31 of 40 Restaurants in Kerikeri
Price range: US$6 - US$24
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Friendly welcome awaits you in this bright and funky cafe Our own blend of beans blended and roasted locally for a great coffee open 7 days aweek our Blueboard! menu is available all day or you can choose from the cabinets of home made goodies
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Visiting Kerikeri at the weekend, went for brunch, it was awful, flies flying around, damp and cold, louvre window was open above us and we got dripped on often. The coffee was terrible, brunch for the 4 of us the worst meal we had all ever had. The poached eggs were hard, the scrambled eggs were cold, the order was mucked up and they forgot the salmon! Would not recommend Cafe Blue to anyone unless you don't care what you eat.

cafeblue582, Owner at Cafe Blue, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

OK Flies we did have a few when you have the hot weather and a cyclone in progress then tend to come inside wet yes it was very wet Damp well you might be but our cafe is cerainly NOT !!wrong meal well the lady who ordered the scrambled eggs PESTO!!got it wrong as she was ordering for the Gentleman we quiqkly supplied the salmon no extra charge Yes we could have handled it better but if we ask a customer TWICE if all OK and they respond yep ok what more can we do . why dont you respond by saying what your greviances are then at least we can try and put things right like your eggs. have spoke to a customer who was in at the same time as yourselves they had no prob with flies ect maybe they came in with you who knows .

There are newer reviews for Cafe Blue

Reviewed 24 January 2014

We took a chance with this, not knowing the place at all and not having been in Kerikeri since 1972. It has changed a lot.

Generally we felt the service was good - fast and efficient. The food arrived promptly and was good overall. The main street setting is basic but adequate. Food and coffee quality was good although a single lettuce leaf garnish had seen better days and should really have been discarded rather than used. It was surprising the person responsible for preparation had not even noticed.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

Initial welcome from blonde counter woman "seemed" friendly but I was suddenly met with a stoney face and clipped tone of voice when I enquired about milkshake flavours. I assume this was because it was noted on the board, "flavours are as per ice cream flavours". Wanting to save time, I didn't feel I was asking too much. But not so, judging by the response. I had to walk back to the end of the counter to check it out myself - holding up the transaction in the process. As there were only about half a dozen flavours surely these could have been memorized easily enough ....or better still, chalked on the board!
Not a customer-friendly system in my opinion - but it was the abrupt and charmless response to my question which irked me more.
Sadly the milkshake was bland and barely flavored .....adding further negativity to the experience. Frittata was much the same, however the salad was good.
First impressions do count, but it was not a good one on this occasion.
I left feeling irritated by the service received and dissatisfied with two thirds of my lunch.

Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

Popped in on our way through Kerikeri for breakfast. Absolutely gorgeous cafe. Great Character. Staff were friendly and made us feel VERY welcome. Great Coffee, breakfast was prepared very quickly and tasted amazing. Would strongly recommend if you're keen for quirky seating, colourful casual happy environment! :) Happy Holidays!!!!

Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

Basic cafe food, kids enjoyed the pancakes, the mushrooms looked curdled and tasted bland. Coffee was alright. Beautiful decor, quick service but won't be back in a hurry.

cafeblue582, Owner at Cafe Blue, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Thanks for your feedback it is good to get a kick now and again to remind us to keep checking with customers if all is OK we obviously failed on this one hey but you liked the decor
Sorry you wont be back I spoke to the manageress who remembered you and your daughters they left thier Homework behind on the table would you like us to return it ?
Regards David