“memorable stay”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Waitangi
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“memorable stay”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

While the hotel wing is a little tired the rooms were clean and comfortable with a door to the lovely lawn area however the best part of our stay was the buffet breakfast. Easily the best ever had from a hotel. I agree that some privacy at the windows would be good. I did comment to the friends we were with how friendly the staff were. Lovely cheerful greetings even just if passing by
We had a Grab One deal and felt that we had very good value for money with the breakfast included and are keen to stay again. This is a very beautiful part of our country and one of our favourite spots.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
tucson az
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Room was very nice, food was excellent. Ocean View from our room outstanding. Very attractive pool. We enjoyed the jacuzzi as well. They provide a free ride to the harbor in their van (takes less than ten minutes) which leaves hourly. We did walk back on foot, which was a pleasant walk along the beach, but you can call them from the harbor and they will come to get you. Would recommend taking the ferry to Russell island and seeing the museum, cemetery, old churches there. Also the ferry ride (about 2+ hrs) to the hole in the rock was great. We saw a lot of dolphins!
My only suggestion for he hotel would be to provide free Internet rather than 20 min a day.
Wonderful place to stay!

Room Tip: Ask for ocean , not garden view.
Katikati, New Zealand
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Arrived just as Conference delegates were checking in. Advert for prostate cancer drug at reception; unattractive. Food was awful - gristle in chicken Ballantine. Charges for internet use were outrageous, who charges for electricity and heating these days!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Waitangi hotels

North of Auckland
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Being so close to the major tourist attraction of the Treaty Grounds, I was expecting the whole experience to be second rate with third rate service, but not so. This place is set in a beautiful location, the downside of which is that its a 20 min walk into Paihia. The staff were very friendly & helpful, the bedroom was large, clean & comfortable (my only gripe would be that a lack of a net curtain meant that folks could look straight into my bedroom from outside & I could look into theirs too; if I want to lounge on the bed in my undies during the day, I don't want to have to draw the big curtains :-). I think the colour scheme of the place could do with a rethink, there's an awful lot of mustard/beige coloured paintwork both in the interior & exterior of the building. Only ate breakfast here which was the usual hot/cold buffet fare, plenty of it & regularly re-stocked.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view, I looked onto the tennis courts :-(
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Oxford, Uk
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I had a superior room at this resort and stayed for a conference. The food was very good. The service was quick and friendly. My room had an amazing view over the pool complex to the sea. The room was a good size, but the bathroom was a bit dated and small.
A great venue for a conference. My only complaint was that the spa pool was very cold and not really usable for that reason.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

Fantastic location, stunning views, happy helpful staff but.....the rooms are old, marks on the carpet bad paint jobs and the noise from the corridor into the room is the worst ever there is no sound proofing, anyone walking past it is like they are in your room. The rooms are really small and bland and dull. The flan on the ceiling was filthy - this place could be a piece of heaven where it is situated but it isn't and it has a long way to go.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank MissFloopy123
brisbane
Reviewed 1 November 2013

We stayed here for 2 days and was booked by our travel agent. Hotel is old and needs renovation. We were told that Internet was free for our stay for a whole 20 minutes! the view of the ocean was the only thing that was lovely in our room, the rest of our room was very average. Bed was so bad I could hardly sleep. The pillows were the worst I have ever slept on and got a sore neck from it. Bathrooms were old,dated and yuck!

When walking around the hotel everything is so dated. We then looked around town and there are so many nicer looking hotels that we were so disappointed with the copthorne! I really believe that this hotel needs to take a good look around as what other hotels offer - free wi fi ( which is important to many travellers).

I will be telling my travel agent how disappointed we were with their choice and we would never recommend this hotel.

1 Thank Jenant143
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waitangi
Kingsgate Hotel Autolodge Paihia
Scenic Hotel Bay of Islands
Sea Spray Suites - Heritage Collection
The Waterfront Suites - Heritage Collection
Duke of Marlborough Hotel
Breakwater Motel
Breakwater Motel
#1 of 43 in Paihia

Been to Copthorne Hotel & Resort Bay of Islands? Share your experiences!