For our anniversary, my husband and I treated ourselves to a night at the Inn and dinner at the restaurant. The Inn is located in a bucolic area of Virginia. The town of Paris is more like a neighborhood in the country, rather than a town since there are few commercial establishments, e.g., no coffee shop. Quiet and beautiful. The Inn is lovely. Our room was in the former attic and had a private bath down the hall. The bed was super comfortable and gets points for having layers of covers rather than a down comforter, which is much too hot for me. There were 2 reading chairs and good reading lights. Plus, there was a sink in the room. The only negative, and one that was important to me, was that during the night the heat seemed to switch into high gear. In response I turned the thermostat down but to no avail; it was difficult to get back to sleep at 2:00 am because of the stifling heat. The restaurant was fine but not spectacular. Expect small portions, which are all right with me. Our main dishes -- tagliatelle with pumpkin sage sauce for me and beef for my husband -- were just average. I tasted none of the sage in my dish and my husband said the beef was a bit tough. I probably wouldn't return to the Ashby Inn because it seemed expensive for the value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sitting at a crossroads of both time and location, The Ashby Inn & Restaurant exists as a tenant to history while offering a place for guests to dine and rest amidst the beauty and tranquility of the Virginia countryside. Situated at the cross-section of routes fifty and seventeen in the charming village of Paris, the inn includes ten guest accommodations on three acres of landscaped grounds that provide a view of Paris Mountain, Ashby Gap and Sky Meadows State Park. The restaurant prepares breakfast daily for all inn guests and is open for lunch and dinner Wednesday through Saturday and for brunch and dinner on Sunday. The Ashby serves as a pastoral setting for weddings, special events, and retreats. Guests of the inn find no shortage of activities in the area to fill their time, including antiquing, bird watching, cycling, hiking, reading, shopping, and wine tasting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Ashby Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ashby Inn & Restaurant Hotel Paris
- The Ashby Inn And Restaurant
- The Ashby Inn Paris, Virginia