Last Valentine's I wanted to take my girlfriend here, and it was already booked, so I scheduled in advance this year.
Be prepared for an intense experience of flavors, delightful pottery, and pleasant professional staff. The entree was certainly our favorite, I got the Parmesan encrusted loin of lamb and my date got the eye of the eye of the rib-eye. We carnivorously devoured our meats and tried each others. The flavors were intense and rich. The cuts were perfect and cooked perfectly. I felt like I was a sated zombie when I was done. The champagne put us in the mood. Then came time for desert and things took a twist. As I trustingly ordered the blue cheese infused cheese cake, my girlfriend looked at me inquisitively. I was the first evidently to order this, and thus the guinea pig. One bite sent me over the edge, and the waitresses came rushing over once they saw my black and blue cheesecake face. She immediately offered a different desert. We saw two others turn theirs in as well. The bill was steep, but priced appropriately for the fine dining.
On the ride home, my Valentine saw my face again and new I needed to vomit. She pulled over and as we left I looked back at my five star dinner all chunky and discolored in the snow.
Will we be back? Maybe when the dead rise again.
Honestly, the food was incredible and rich, they simply need to do something about that blue cheese cheese cake.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sitting at a crossroads of both time and location, The Ashby Inn & Restaurant exists as a tenant to history while offering a place for guests to dine and rest amidst the beauty and tranquility of the Virginia countryside. Situated at the cross-section of routes fifty and seventeen in the charming village of Paris, the inn includes ten guest accommodations on three acres of landscaped grounds that provide a view of Paris Mountain, Ashby Gap and Sky Meadows State Park. The restaurant prepares breakfast daily for all inn guests and is open for lunch and dinner Wednesday through Saturday and for brunch and dinner on Sunday. The Ashby serves as a pastoral setting for weddings, special events, and retreats. Guests of the inn find no shortage of activities in the area to fill their time, including antiquing, bird watching, cycling, hiking, reading, shopping, and wine tasting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Ashby Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ashby Inn And Restaurant
- The Ashby Inn & Restaurant Hotel Paris
- The Ashby Inn Paris, Virginia