“THE PERFECT ANNIVERSARY GETAWAY”
Review of Inn at Riverbend

Inn at Riverbend
Ranked #1 of 2 Pearisburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 July 2012

The service, accommodations and view were exceptional! Janet and Jimm made us feel at home....the breakfasts were terrific. The Inn and views from the deck of the surrounding area were even better than the photos on the Inn at Riverbend website. They didn't have to photoshop/airbrush any photos....it was as good as advertised. The view as you reach the crest at the end of the winding narrow two lane road caused us to just stop and look before turning to enter the Inn property. We were met by the Inn's official greeters Gaby and Zoey (2 shih tzus) who helped keep us entertained during our stay. It was " The Perfect Anniversary Weekend".

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
JimmBurton, Owner at Inn at Riverbend, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2012

Thank you for the wonderful write-up. Gaby & Zoey now think they are really something since their picture is on the world wide web! We are happy that your were able to have the perfect anniversary! With a couple like you - how could it be anything else.

Reviewed 12 July 2012

Janet and Jim are wonderful people and great innkeepers. Food is wonderful as well as the hospitality. Rooms are well appointed. All have great views. The common areas are very nice and comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

We so enjoyed having the two of you visit. Thank you for staying with us along the New River of Virginia. The views of the Appalachian Mountains are wonderful to wake up to.

Reviewed 8 July 2012

Our power and water were out at home due to derecho storm. I found the Inn on our Garmin and we were in luck - a room was available. Our stay was more than we could have ever hoped for given it's location on a mountain side in a little town in VA. Hosts were very accommodating, breakfasts were great, and the view from the porch was to die for. All the comforts of home and then some. We're hoping to go back again just to relax and not worry about what's happening at home.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the second floor for the view.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2012

The Inn was clean, cozy and well kept, as well as offering a spectacular view. The owners/inn keepers are extremely personable and pleasant and really make the stay there enjoyable. Meals prepared to your personal taste are an added bonus. Of all my travels around the world this is definately one of my most enjoyable places to stay.

Room Tip: All rooms offer a spectacular view.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 8 July 2012

Brad, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. It means so much to hear from all of our guests and we love to hear from our business travelers too. Thanks for choosing to stay with us. Please to visit again - even when not travelling for business if you get the chance.

Reviewed 12 June 2012

We saw the photo's, read the reviews, and were totally thrilled and amazed with this beautiful Inn. My husband and I spent our June 4th night enjoying wine and the view via the hammock outside overlooking the incredible river, and dinner on the deck. We loved the breakfast and found the Innkeepers attentive, experience wonderful.
We look forward to our next visit to Virginia and the Inn at Riverbend..... (oh, and the cookies are irresistible)

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2012

I must say we arrived late at night after driving 6 hours on the blue ridge parkway under torrential rain, once we arrived nothing was right for me and I started complaining about everything to my wife Giandy. She kept quiet, we went to sleep and the next morning when I steped out to the balcony my jaw dropped........what a view... What place.... Things got even better when we went to BF OMG to die for gourmet BF. Jim and Janet are great cooks and they really really know how to spoil their guests. The quiet, the view, the cookies, ........ Perfect for a rest after a day of hiking or other outdoor activities..did I mention the cookies. Oh before I forget, the shower gel, conditioner and shampoo are the best top of the line nothing like what you would expect to find in a hotel... Better than my own lol. Did I mention the cookies? Also Jim is so forthcomming trying to make your stay as good and fun as possible, givinng tips to restaurants and activities in the area or a good auto mechanic... Did I mention the cookies ;-). Thank you Jim and Janet for maiking our stay so enjoyable we would have loved to stay a little longer. We will be back. Did I mention the cookies......

Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Thomas L
Linda H, Owner at Inn at Riverbend, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2012

Thomas and Giandy, we thoroughly enjoyed having you here and glad you got to enjoy our little bit of heaven. I will happily send you the cookie recipe, that way you can have your own private stash.

Hope to see you back again another season.

Janet & Jimm. Gaby and Zoey say "Woof, Woof."

Reviewed 27 May 2012

Just returned from our first visit to the Inn at Riverbend. Absolutely wonderful experience!! My husband and I seek different things when we travel ... I look for relaxation ... there is no more beautiful and serene location. My husband is the outdoorsman. Again, the options are limitless (canoeing, hiking, biking, etc, etc, etc). The food is absolutely decadent and the accommodations are first class in every way (we couldn't leave without purchasing a set of the sheets ... dreamy!!!). The hosts (Janet & Jimm) managed to exceed every expectation ... thank you Janet & Jimm for making our anniversary so perfect! We WILL see you again!!

Room Tip: contact the hosts with requests ... I did and their recommendations were perfect!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sandi W
JimmBurton, Owner at Inn at Riverbend, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2012

Sandi, We are so happy that your husband and your travel needs were met. We find all of the activities of Giles and surrounding country quite fun. For being off the path, we do have some wonderful restaurants in the area. We certainly hope you are enjoying your Comphy sheets. Can't wait for your return visit!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pearisburg
Mountain Lake Lodge
Hyatt Place Blacksburg/University
MacArthur Inn
MacArthur Inn
#1 of 1 in Narrows

Been to Inn at Riverbend? Share your experiences!