“I loved this place!”

Annapolis, Maryland
“I loved this place!”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

The Inn was peaceful, and the view was lovely. Jim
and Janet were the perfect hosts: solicitous yet unobtrusive. We stayed in Little Stony which overlooked the New River. I have had the good fortune to visit many Select Properties over the years, but this was hands down my favorite. Dinner at the Palisades Restaurant was the perfect complement made it all the more special. We definitely will be back.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Richmond, VA
Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

We arrived in the late evening just in time to see the sunset. Sweet Janet was there to greet us, give us a tour of the grounds and show us to our room. She was very knowledgeable of the surrounding area and offered suggestions for dinner. The grounds and view are beautiful, the house is very comfy. We stayed in Cascade Falls, it's downstairs down a small hallway and felt very secluded from the rest of the house. The hospitality and the actual establishment were incredible! Add the view and the absolutely delicious breakfast and there is no question we will be back. Go! You won't regret it!

• Stayed October 2013
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We stayed at The Inn at Riverbend last week and it was a great getaway. The view at the inn is unbelievable. We overlooked the New River, and beautiful mountains. The inn was built for a bed and breakfast so it is very well laid out. The inn offers all the amenities that you could want. Each room opens up into the porch or balcony with rocking chairs to sit and enjoy the view. The owners Jim and Janet are very hospitable and Jim recommended some great drives to take in the area and good restaurants. I would highly recommend this inn for a great getaway.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lu Ann B
Jimm B, Owner at Inn at Riverbend, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Thank you so much for your visit and your review. That view is something that I never tire of and it changes daily. The fall colors are just coming into their peak right now and are astounding. We are happy that you enjoyed the tours and the restaurants of the area. Y'all come back now hear!
Millers Tavern, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We visited this summer and were very pleased. The property is beautiful. The views were breath taking. Breakfast was wonderful and the staff as well as the owners were very helpful and friendly. Our room was great. Once back home I discovered that I left a bottle of lotion behind. It was one of my favorites. I emailed the owners and asked if they found it, and they did. They told me if I would send them my credit card number they would be glad to send it to me. I was really disappointed. After paying $240.00 per night, I felt that the least they could do was to spend about $3.00 to send it to me.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sylvia W
Virginia
Reviewed 1 October 2013

One of the nicest B&B's we've ever stayed at! Our room was super nice and the views are breathtaking. The Inn is incredibly clean and well decorated. Lot's of amenities and some delicious home-made cookies! The breakfasts were to die for and Jim and Janet were gracious and welcoming. Plenty to do in the area, my wife and I hiked down by the New River each morning then one afternoon picked up the Appalachian Trail in Pearisburg and hiked up to Angel's rest. Easy location for day trips out and just 15 minutes or so from VT. We hope to be back soon!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Hocking Hills, Ohio
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We were here for only two nights. We went fishing on the New River for the full day we were here so we really didn't get to do any of the numerous hikes in the area (a good reason to come back). The Inn at Riverbend is a house built to be a B&B. It felt very much like being in a nice home. There were plenty of areas to relax. The walls a loaded with beautiful artwork. Breakfast was very good both days. The view is spectacular; looking down into the New River valley. I love the mountains of WV and VA and can't wait to go back.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RWW2010
Harpenden, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 September 2013

My husband and I and our 3 teenage children stayed here in August for 3 nights. All 3 rooms were amazing and the entire place looked just like it does on the website. Everything was very clean and Janet and Jimm were very welcoming. The breakfasts are to die for, topped only by the fact that you can eat outside on the balcony with the views as well. Janet and Jimm had good suggestions for dinner reservations and my daughter and I enjoyed going up to Mountain Lake Lodge where they filmed a lot of the film Dirty Dancing. The attention to detail at the Inn is superb. Plenty to do in the area whether you like walking, kayaking, fishing...... If we are ever in the area again we will definitely be booking in here.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Jimm B, Owner at Inn at Riverbend, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful review - We loved having you and your little ones here (OK, so they were taller than I am). It was great having you go up to see where much of "Dirty Dancing" was filmed after hearing how much you loved the movie. To top that off (if one could) you all seemed to enjoy what the rest of the area has to offer. Glad you made it back home safely!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pearisburg
Mountain Lake Lodge
#3 of 15 in Princeton
The Oaks Victorian Inn
The Oaks Victorian Inn
#1 of 6 in Christiansburg

Been to Inn at Riverbend? Share your experiences!