“Good Food with Reasonable Prices” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Harvest Restaurant

Harvest Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Pembroke
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Kids, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Boones Mill
“Good Food with Reasonable Prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

My wife and I ate at the Harvest restaurant for dinner and breakfast when we stayed at Mountain Lake Lodge. All the meals were very good and reasonable priced. I ordered the 8oz filet which came with rice and seasonal vegetables. The filet was a very generous portion for the price. My wife ordered ribs, which also came with rice and seasonal vegetables. For dessert we had warm apple crumble pie which went good with a cold night. My breakfast consisted of eggs, bacon, toast, home fries, and homemade strawberry jelly, while my wife ordered an omelet. Both times our waitresses were prompt and provided great service.

• Visited November 2013

ohio
“New chef promising”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

The old chef's menu was in place and was, in my opinion, limited - particularly in the sides offered - many appeared to be the same for each entree. The new chef was in the process of developing the new menu and so I cannot comment on current offerings. We met the chef and chatted about the changes and it sounded like he was moving in the right direction. The dishes (from the old menu) that we had, the vegetarian string beans with tofu over salad was tasty and a very large serving. The steak that my husband had was very flavorful and tender. He also had the chicken wings and thought they were delicious.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Washington DC
“First-class dinners!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

Everything we had was delicious! My wife had a chicken pot pie one night, and a seafood Cobb salad the next, and loved both. I had a seafood fettuccine w/ shrimp and crab one night, and a scallop and lobster risotto appetizer that, with a salad, was enough for a meal. They featured lots of local wine and beer that was not ridiculously marked up in price. We highly recommend Harvest!

Visited September 2013
Northern VA
“Wonderful dishes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

Chef Michael offers a wonderful range of dishes with a gourmet touch, and graciously catered to my vegetarian palate at dinner time. The Sunday brunch also offers a lot of variety, including omelet and carving stations.

Visited September 2013
White House, TN
“Food Was Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

We made our reservation for Mountain Lake Lodge in 2012 when they still offered the meal plan. Breakfast and dinner was included in the room price. Not sure how much we would have eaten at each dinner if we had to pay for it separately. With that said, we tried just about everything on the menu over our 4-night stay. The food was excellent and the portions were more than generous. My wife and I are not big eaters, but we had an appetizer, salad, main course, and dessert nearly every night. I highly recommend the chocolate mousse cake. My wife's favorite was the peanut butter pie. The breakfast was very good as well (buffet style), but could have served more of a variety of fresh fruit. Next time we visit, we hope to be able to eat on the porch area which has a beautiful view overlooking the hotel grounds, but a small group had it reserved for our entire stay this year. We look forward to another visit in 2014.

• Visited September 2013