This review is copied from my review at bedandbreafast.com:
I've never been to a bed and breakfast before - after staying at The Inn at Tabbs Creek I feel like it is going to be hard to live up to my expectations for any future B and Bs that I book. Here are my reasons:
1. Greg and Lori are extremely nice, attentive hosts, and awesome people all around (they prepared a crab/shrimp/chicken feast with crab they caught right off their dock on Sat. night).
2. Location. Kayak right off their dock or drive 10 min to a very secluded beach. Great natural surroundings.
3. The house. It's beautiful.
4. The food. Every morning breakfast was better than the day before.
5. The other people - ranging from mid twenties to probably fifty years old, it was a nice mix and I enjoyed meeting everyone.
Hope this helps while you look at reviews - definitely can't go wrong here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our waterfront retreat is located on a secluded creek of the Chesapeake Bay in charming Mathews County, Va. With over 800 ft. of waterfront and 8 acres of wooded and open space, this Virginia Bed and Breakfast is the perfect place to get away from it all and totally relax. The main Inn is an 1880's newly renovated farmhouse with a separate cottage housing the luxury suites just across the garden and pool. An eco-friendly and certified Virginia Green lodging establishment, The Inn at Tabbs Creek is just the place if you appreciate the natural splendor of the outdoors and want the luxury and comfort of a casual B&B. Embark on a kayak or stand up paddleboard adventure, spend the day cycling the endless level Mathews country roads, or charter a sunset cruise with fresh oysters or fishing charter that leaves straight from our private dock. You can also just relax and recharge your romance with a picnic on a nearby beach, stargazing around the firepit, and watching the sunset in our chlorine free pool with a glass of Virginia Wine. *Winner of 2012 "Green Facility of the Year" from Virginia Tourism Corporation and TripAdvisor's "Certificate of Excellence" and "Green Leader" award, we were also voted "Most Welcoming Bed and Breakfast" in Eastern Virginia by Virginia Living Magazine this year. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- The Inn At Tabbs Creek Hotel Port Haywood