“Good, especially for local sports enthusiasts.”

Virginia Sports Hall of Fame and Museum
Ranked #8 of 21 things to do in Portsmouth
More attraction details
Owner description: Be inspired. With two stories of hands-on exhibits, the Virginia Sports Hall of Fame & Museum celebrates past and present athletes and inspires future ones. Pitch to a radar gun, or drive a Nascar simulator. Broadcast a game in the Virginia Sports Center. Explore the Bon Secours Training Room, complete with virtual exercise equipment and a skeleton that rides a bike! Find over 250 Inductees in the Hall of Fame's Hall of Honor. Visit the Hall's Facebook page, Twitter account or website to keep up with information on upcoming events and happenings.
Reviewed 17 August 2013

I took my daughters there for my first visit (they have previously been) & it was about what I expected for the money. Many interesting facts & interactive play. I do think that they need to update & maintain it better though. Several things were not working (theater, Nascar games, treadmill) & the soccer balls had the stuffing hanging out & the nets were ripped up. I do have to say that all of the employees were awesome. We were only there for just over an hour, but we were also the only people in the museum.

Reviewed 15 January 2013

took our kids here and we were in and out with in an hour... not really worth the money. When we went it was full of rude people who every other word was F this and N!@@er that... not what I want to deal with

1  Thank Erica J
Reviewed 28 December 2012

As Va natives, this museum was very informative of all the great athletes VA. Grandchildren loved the interactive games, all sports highlighted. We had the museum to ourselves so is is truly a hidden jewel in Portsmouth

1  Thank sbt54
Reviewed 23 December 2012

I decided to take my husband here because he loves sports and he had a blast. At first he was skeptical but in the end we both had a ton of fun. We really enjoyed the room downstairs were you can pretty much record and play commmenter for some of the sporting events. We spent at least 30 minutes in that room alone. The upstairs was pretty awesome too I really enjoyed the Bon Secours room with the skeleton figure on the bicycle. I had fun doing the nascar simulator even though I sucked at it. The room where you can throw the baseball, football and kick the soccer ball is pretty neat to. Also I forgot they have a basketball court inside which really surprised me. I truly enjoyed this muesum and we are going back soon. I think this place is great for kids especially if they appreciate sports history. We went on a Saturday and it was not super packed and the parking garage is free on the weekends.

Reviewed 9 July 2012

The museum is a must for Virginia sports fans. Interactive displays are found throughout the museum with things to do for both the young and young of heart.