The hotel is beautiful from the front, the lobby, etc... I have stayed in many Marriott hotels and love them so when I saw the Renaissance by Marriott I knew I was in for the best. Check in was smooth my problem arised when I got to the room. Such a big hotel like this and no microwave in the room. Geez I have stayed in super 8 hotels for a lot less in cost and had a microwave. Then one of the phones (night stand) didn't work. I needed to get some work done was going to tap into the wifi only to find it was 9.95 a day unless I come to the lobby. Who does that now.. it is very rare that you find a hotel or even a motel at that rate that does not offer free wfi in the rooms. I sat there wondering REALLY a nice hotel like this charging 10.00 a day to use wifi. It's a crying shame you can go to barnes and nobles, starbucks, even McDonalds and get wifi but can not get it in a nice hotel like this. The telephone was not an real issue for me but the wifi and the microwave was a deal breaker. Due to those two things I will not stay at this hotel again nor will I recommend it to friends. Int he world we in now wifi is just like oxygen. I was on called so at 1am I had to lug my laptop downstairs to troubleshoot an issue at my job when I could have stayed in my comfy room and work if wifi was offered. IT WAS A DEAL BREAKER!!!!!!! :-(
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blending traditional elegance and modern style, our waterside Norfolk, VA area hotel in the historic downtown district of Olde Towne Portsmouth provides calming comfort and soothing relaxation. The Renaissance Portsmouth hotel boasts a hip location overlooking the vibrant, revitalized waterfront and offers stunning views of the Elizabeth River. Set above the harbor, the Portsmouth Ballroom's unique outdoor terrace, part of the 24,000 square feet of Norfolk area hotel meeting space, provides a stunning reception area sure to draw rave reviews from your guests. This updated luxurious Norfolk, Virginia area hotel also features 23 meeting rooms including a 70-seat Amphitheater. Savor the atmosphere of this waterside hotel in Portsmouth at Foggy Point Bar & Grill, presenting a selection of fresh seafood. Visitors to the area can enjoy the unique experience of taking the nearby water taxi across to many of the Norfolk business and visitor destinations including the Norfolk Naval facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Marriott, Ebookers and HotelQuickly so you can book your Renaissance Portsmouth-Norfolk Waterfront Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Portsmouth Hotel And Waterfront Conference Center
- Renaissance Portsmouth Hotel & Waterfront Portsmouth