We liked the staff who were helpful and interested in making our stay a pleasant experience.
Our king sized bed was comfortable, the room clean, plenty of hot water, small frig, lots of electrical outlets, and nice view of river. The bathroom was showing some wear.
The soundproofing was disappointing--hearing the neighbors' toilets and late night bed romp through the wall despite there being hardly any guests over the holiday woke us both up repeatedly--and my husband is not a light sleeper. I turned on the fan to try to create white noise, but it added a high pitched whine, so not particularly soothing.
We don't usually do breakfast buffet, but we were late getting up after the sleep interruptions, so it was more like brunch and the price off the menu would add up quickly to $16, so we both got the buffet. Lots of fresh fruit, hot foods, and you could order small waffle or omelet. Only the sausage was too greasy and the scrambled eggs past their prime. All in all we found plenty to eat.
It definitely feels like a conference hotel with very high ceilings and wide hallways outside the meeting rooms. Not cozy in the common areas for wifi and a little cold from a draft and the high ceilings.
I tried to bid for a discount via Priceline, but no luck so went with AAA.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blending traditional elegance and modern style, our waterside Norfolk, VA area hotel in the historic downtown district of Olde Towne Portsmouth provides calming comfort and soothing relaxation. The Renaissance Portsmouth hotel boasts a hip location overlooking the vibrant, revitalized waterfront and offers stunning views of the Elizabeth River. Set above the harbor, the Portsmouth Ballroom's unique outdoor terrace, part of the 24,000 square feet of Norfolk area hotel meeting space, provides a stunning reception area sure to draw rave reviews from your guests. This updated luxurious Norfolk, Virginia area hotel also features 23 meeting rooms including a 70-seat Amphitheater. Savor the atmosphere of this waterside hotel in Portsmouth at Foggy Point Bar & Grill, presenting a selection of fresh seafood. Visitors to the area can enjoy the unique experience of taking the nearby water taxi across to many of the Norfolk business and visitor destinations including the Norfolk Naval facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Renaissance Portsmouth-Norfolk Waterfront Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Portsmouth Hotel & Waterfront Portsmouth
- Renaissance Portsmouth Hotel And Waterfront Conference Center