I booked this hotel for 2 nights off priceline for a birthday weekend. Sara Evans was playing a free concert at the Little Creek NAB and my sis in law and I went to see her. This hotel was about 14 miles away from the NAB but traffic was awful going through the tunnel. Took us over an hour extra to go through the tunnel to the hotel around 6 pm on a Friday evening. Make sure you account for this when staying here.
I asked and received an upgrade when I arrived. The room was huge with a great view on the 11th floor. Staff was very helpful in recommendations and directions. It was the Seawall art weekend with tons of booths on the waterfront. Great prices on original works of art and jewelry. Lots of shops and restaurants are all in walking distance. The ferry stops right in front of this hotel that will take you a short ride to the Norfolk waterfront. It costs $1 each way. There is a HUGE mall about 3 blocks up on the Norfolk side. We also did the Harbor Evening Cruise for $12 on the tall ship American Rover out of the Norfolk Harbor.
The hotel lobby is superb. Perhaps it was because it was a weekend but I did not pay for parking in the garage. I told them I was an overnight guest of the hotel and the ticket booth took my ticket without a charge. I would definately recommend this hotel and the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blending traditional elegance and modern style, our waterside Norfolk, VA area hotel in the historic downtown district of Olde Towne Portsmouth provides calming comfort and soothing relaxation. The Renaissance Portsmouth hotel boasts a hip location overlooking the vibrant, revitalized waterfront and offers stunning views of the Elizabeth River. Set above the harbor, the Portsmouth Ballroom's unique outdoor terrace, part of the 24,000 square feet of Norfolk area hotel meeting space, provides a stunning reception area sure to draw rave reviews from your guests. This updated luxurious Norfolk, Virginia area hotel also features 23 meeting rooms including a 70-seat Amphitheater. Savor the atmosphere of this waterside hotel in Portsmouth at Foggy Point Bar & Grill, presenting a selection of fresh seafood. Visitors to the area can enjoy the unique experience of taking the nearby water taxi across to many of the Norfolk business and visitor destinations including the Norfolk Naval facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Odigeo and Marriott so you can book your Renaissance Portsmouth-Norfolk Waterfront Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Portsmouth Hotel & Waterfront Portsmouth
- Renaissance Portsmouth Hotel And Waterfront Conference Center