The hotel is nicely decorated and on the water in Portsmouth with good views from upper rooms. Staff was friendly. Only downside was bathroom plumbing (sink&tub) we're very slow to drain.
This hotel is better for business travelers rather than families as there is not much for kids to do around the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blending traditional elegance and modern style, our waterside Norfolk, VA area hotel in the historic downtown district of Olde Towne Portsmouth provides calming comfort and soothing relaxation. The Renaissance Portsmouth hotel boasts a hip location overlooking the vibrant, revitalized waterfront and offers stunning views of the Elizabeth River. Set above the harbor, the Portsmouth Ballroom's unique outdoor terrace, part of the 24,000 square feet of Norfolk area hotel meeting space, provides a stunning reception area sure to draw rave reviews from your guests. This updated luxurious Norfolk, Virginia area hotel also features 23 meeting rooms including a 70-seat Amphitheater. Savor the atmosphere of this waterside hotel in Portsmouth at Foggy Point Bar & Grill, presenting a selection of fresh seafood. Visitors to the area can enjoy the unique experience of taking the nearby water taxi across to many of the Norfolk business and visitor destinations including the Norfolk Naval facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Renaissance Portsmouth-Norfolk Waterfront Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Portsmouth Hotel And Waterfront Conference Center
- Renaissance Portsmouth Hotel & Waterfront Portsmouth