“Sunday Lunch”

Artisans Bakery and Cafe
Ranked #1 of 5 Bakeries in Portsmouth
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Deep dish quiche was cooked to perfection homemade raspberry dressing for the green leaf salad was outstanding would definitely recommend and return many times in the future. A must try if you like bakery/café food!

There are newer reviews for Artisans Bakery and Cafe

Reviewed 12 January 2014

Put Artisans Cafe on your list if you are looking for a place to have a great Sunday brunch. After an unpleasant Saturday putting away holiday decorations and dealing with a monsoon, this was a wonderful way to restore one's equilibrium - a delicious tartine of smoked salmon and a salad, a glass of wine, and a slice of torte - there are worse ways to spend an hour or so!
This was our third Sunday brunch at Artisans - and I am looking forward to future visits to enjoy "...a taste of Europe in historic downtown Portsmouth..."

1  Thank cjackson27
Reviewed 31 December 2013

We went with group from church after morning services and had a good meal. Everything was very good and reasonable. Service was excellent and deserts are to die for.

1  Thank Richard C
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I found this gem when I first moved to downtown Portsmouth. What a nice surprise!! From the moment you pull up in front it invites you in. Once inside the smell of freshly baked goods greets you along with the friendly staff. I was plesantly pleased to find the coffee drinks are served as they should be and not in paper cups (unless its to go) The menu is just the right size so that they can pay attention to detail with each dish they serve. The baked goods remind me of the wonderful bakeries and cafes I love in Germany and Austria. The Artisans Bakery is a true European Bakery in OldeTowne Portsmouth and a heart warming treat each time I visit. Well done!!!!

2  Thank Lavinia L
Reviewed 18 July 2013

This was a nice little resturant tucked away in Downtown Portsmouth.The smell of the fresh bread and pastries was just delightful from the moment you walk in.I got a salad .It was delicious,very fresh and just delightful.I did not order it but the soups and sandwiches looked really good.I can't wait to go back and try them.Then there was the deserts.Everything looked delicious it was so hard to make a choice.I choose the Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownie.It was awesome.The service was very good also.I will be going back and would definitely recommend it to others.

1  Thank Lutricia G