“Large Party”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Court Street
Description: Welcome to our Roger Brown's Restaurant and Sports Bar. We invite you to dine and enjoy our authentic Olde Towne decor...inviting...relaxing...and all yours to enjoy!!! Feel free to cozy up to our ninety-foot bar and partake of a classic cocktail, or savor your choice of 24 draughts, domestic or international beer or wine from our distintive list of today's top picks. Your dining experience here is like no other. We recommend our Angus Steaks, aged 28 days and prepared in our classic style to your taste. Or choose from our menu of freshly prepared dishes. Our seafood is always top quality and carefully selected and prepared to your complete satisfaction. You're sure to be attracted to our unique Stadium selection where you can enjoy your favorite game or televisionprogram on one of four 8 x 6 foot television screens. And, during your visit with us, let our gracious staff pamper you with Southern Hospitality. Roger Brown style!!!
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We celebrated my Mom's 50th Birthday here and I must say I am really happy with the event. The banquet staff during the event was amazing and the coordinator/planner I worked with was super accommodating and really worked around my schedule. We were able to keep in touch via email and by cell phone.

The food we ordered was very good. And I believe the over all menu was reasonable priced in comparison for getting a private room/banquet hall at a hotel or something a long those lines. It was much easier here where all the food is prepared and the room is set up with great AV (audio visual) equipment that was able to run a laptop and my iPhone.

We were able to get into the space early and decorate as well.

I would definitely recommend Roger Brown's for your large party needs.

1  Thank wmcutie04

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Always a pleasant experience. Lunch is quiet enjoyable experience. Food is good..........but I have to admit, once I tried the grilled fish taco's, I was so addicted that I never order anything else.

Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Pretty empty here today for on a Sunday afternoon, but we certainly got good service as a result.
I read some of the other complaints about service, but didn't experience any of that. Dorothy was wonderful!
Brisket sandwich w/coleslaw was very good, & my husband enjoyed his Baja fish tacos.
It is very spacious and definitely set up for the sports enthusiast. They have a banquet hall so you can accommodate a large group.
I would bring friends back here.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Visited on Mother’s day 5/11/14. Very disappointing dining experience. We traveled from Williamsburg. We waited a very long time to be seated and it seemed that the staff was very unprepared on how to estimate on how long the wait was going to be. The hostess kept running back and forth the restaurant not sure what she was doing exactly since there were a lot of empty tables open but she didn’t seat anyone there. A whole 32 minutes later (even though we were only quoted 10-15 minutes) we were finally seated. Our waitress even though she was very nice she was very slow. We had to wait 5-10 minutes to get little things like straws, utensils to eat our food napkins, ketchup etc. The service was just too slow and by the time our food came out everything was cold. Our mashed potatoes were fridge cold! We ended up having to send everything back to be reheated and to remake a salmon dish that was overcooked and remake a kid hamburger because it was burnt. After all of the waiting and sending food back you would have thought a manager would come by the table to check on us or at the very least discount our meal somehow, NOPE. A manager never came by and our bill was not discounted at all. We ended up paying 103 dollars for such poor service and mediocre food. I was embarrassed since I was the one that recommended that we go to this location for Mother’s day and for us to drive all the way out there to have such a terrible time. The whole dining experience took 3 hours long and we ended up having to drive right back to Williamsburg since that festival they had out there on High Street was basically over by the time we got out of the restaurant. Wasted money & wasted time on such a special day.

1  Thank PanamaChica28
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Great drinks and fabulous dessert. We enjoyed a fresh baked chocolate chip cookie in a hot cast iron skillet topped with a huge scoop of ice cream. Service was attentive , friendly and helpful w suggestions.