“Nonsmoking beware”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Prince George
Reviewed 4 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I arrived very late (1 am), but was greeted by an attentive staff. My room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and exceeded all expectations at this price! I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a good room that doesn't want to break the bank. My only complaint is that the bathroom was very small; the door barely clears the toilet when you open the door. This was easy to overlook with the amenities provided.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I tried to check in at 3:30pm and there was a lobby FULL of people waiting for their rooms. Apparently, none of the rooms were cleaned yet. Huh? At 3:30pm there were no clean rooms? My mom was waiting for her room too, a room with one bed and was told it was not ready and was told to wait with the rest of us. Then, a black gal came in for her room with one bed and WOW her room was ready. The service desk didn't seem to care and kept telling the rest of us to wait 30 minutes, numerous times. Many of the exterior doors didn't lock which didn't give me a warm fuzzy about security. The hotel had a moldy smell to it and appeared not well maintained or cared for. I'll be sure to tell the FT Lee travel office staff about how horrible this place is.

Room Tip: Don't reserve a room here, go someplace else.
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Overall, our stay was very pleasant - comfortable beds, clean room.

If we went to breakfast late, the only selection was 4 types of sugared cereal. One day we ate at 6 and there were bananas and yogurt. The times we ate breakfast after 8 the only fruit were apples and oranges and there was no yogurt. Except for instant oatmeal, there was no hot items - eggs or bacon or sausage. Also, there was never any plain bread for toast - just toaster waffles and toaster french toast which were at best ok in my opinion and my granddaughter wouldn't eat them.

Also, while the management provided the opportunity to conserve energy by allowing guests to not have clean sheets and towels daily, there was no recycling. I even asked at the front desk if I could recycle paper and plastic and was told 'No.' If I am to conserve energy/environment my reusing my sheets and towels (which I don't mind, I don't wash them every day at home), I would like them to offer recycle bins.

Also, the staff was a mixed bag of helpfulness. When the ice machines were not working on either the first or second floors, the woman at the front desk in a bored manner told me I would have to go to the third floor. The woman setting up breakfast overheard my request and went and filled my cooler from the kitchen.

Also, it could use better soundproofing. We could hear the people above use a lot.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Sleep Inn & Suites at Fort Lee
Sleep Inn & Suites at Fort Lee
#2 of 2 in Prince George
WoodSpring Suites Richmond Fort Lee
WoodSpring Suites Richmond Fort ...
#7 of 8 in Colonial Heights
Hampton Inn Petersburg / Hopewell
Quality Inn at Fort Lee
Quality Inn at Fort Lee
#6 of 7 in Hopewell
Candlewood Suites Petersburg/Hopewell
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Petersburg, VA

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Prince George at Fort Lee? Share your experiences!