“Can't beat it!”

Sleep Inn & Suites at Fort Lee
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Prince George
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

The. Place. To. Stay. Period.
You won't find a better free breakfast as far hotels go, made to order omelets and biscuits and gravy. Are you kidding me?! There's an indoor pool and spa as well. Oh yea, the wifi is superb too! The staff is very personable and this could very well be the hotel you "always stay at" because there are no down sides to staying in this hotel.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
roadhog71, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites at Fort Lee, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear GSheffield,

Thanks for the great review and your loyalty to our hotel. It is always great to see when your truck is pulling into our parking lot. Don't be a stranger!

There are newer reviews for Sleep Inn & Suites at Fort Lee

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Front desk and housekeeping outstanding. Housekeeping tried hard but made occasional mistakes in not servicing room before late afternoon, not fully replenishing supplies and linens. All very minor glitches. Mr. Patel of management a very pleasant gentleman enterprising with Scottish ties. Comp. WiFi was fast, easy to access. Some room furnishings and plumbing did not work. Light switches were well worn and some lights flickered while turned off. Toilet handle often stuck and had to be turned to off position manually. No hand held shower head. No bath tub. Comp. mid-size fridge was spacious but temp. adjustment knob broken so stayed at max. and led to near freezing temps in refrigerator section. Microwave worked well but was small in capacity. Comp. breakfast featured cooked to order omelets but these were only available on weekdays and not on weekends when they would have been better enjoyed. Waffle maker provided with fresh fruits. Low fat mini cups were sometimes in short supply. Fitness room and pool comp. newspaper and magazine lobby access among welcome amenities. Overall better than expected quality in a two star accommodation.

Room Tip: Park away from adjoining pond as dust will cover car and often condensation will freeze on auto glas...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
roadhog71, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites at Fort Lee, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Thank you for such a detailed break down of your stay at our hotel. The owner and I have looked this over in great lengths and shared this remarks with our team. Your eye to detail has definitely help us to improve a few are here at the hotel. Thank you again for the constructive remarks and helping us to improve our product and service.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

I have traveled to well over 100 properities in the past 6.5 years, and found this property to be all I would expect PLUS a really great owner/manager. Shailen Patel really set himself apart after I had checked in and gotten to my room. I had returned to the front desk and Mr. Patel was there at that time. He noticed I was using a cane and was having pain when moving around. He immediately asked if he could move me to a handicaped room, which was most agreeable with me. Not only did he reassign me, but went with me to the new location and moved all of my belongings for me!
The hotel is nicely equiped and furnished, has a helpful and courteous staff, and was entirely satisfactory in every way.

Room Tip: I always ask for a top floor room, which eliminates cahnce for noisy guests above me. If the guest...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank filmbuyer2016
Reviewed 25 February 2014

This hotel is very up to date and you can tell. The staff was excellent to us every time we came into contact with them. Chelsea was very friendly every time we had to get our keys remade she was courteous and smiled! David the maintenance man was very friendly and kept the hotel looking awesome. He puts a lot of effort into his job and you can tell very well. The rooms are well kept and the beds are very comfortable. Even the couch beds were comfortable to sleep on. The pool was perfect and the Jacuzzi tub was a little too hot for me but other people in my party enjoyed it very much. Overall, it was a wonderful stay and we will more than likely stay here again when we visit the area.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Stayed here a few nights while traveling to the area for the holidays; weather wasn't so great so I spent some time here until I was clear to travel. I enjoyed my stay in the King room with a sitting area (couch & chair) for seating. It was equipped with a microwave/mini fridge, standard set-up on the 2nd floor. Unfortunately some noisy ppl checked in during my stay and was placed directly above me. I could hear just about every move & not all of them were for my listening pleasure if you know what I mean, lol. Nonetheless, it was clean & safe, great location near the local mall/Walmart, Target & many other stores, breakfast was good with better than your average continental offerings, the staff was friendly & professional, Great place to stay for a few nights or longer!

Room Tip: Avoid the lower floors as the walls/floors are very thin and you can hear every move above you if yo...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
roadhog71, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites at Fort Lee, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Angel E,
Thank you for the nice review. Our team tries very hard to meet the needs of all our guest. I will be sharing your comments with the staff.

Sorry about the noises above you during your stay. Please know anything that takes away from your stay can be reported to the desk in effort to correct. Our missions is to make every guest a loyal guest, and our team understands our mission.

Thank you again for staying with us.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

This hotel is about 2 miles off I-95 and 2 turns off highway 144 which is the closest major street. It offers large rooms, an exercise room, a small indoor pool and jacuzzi as well as a nice breakfast that includes omlettes cooked to order (limited common toppings). Our room was called a suite, but was one large room including sink microwave and refrigerator. There is a mall, Walmart, and lots of restaurants within driving distance as well as one within walking distance for which the motel offers discounts. Staff was very friendly and wifi was good. There is also a business center. The price/value was good.

Room Tip: No highway noise and good curtains so the choice of rooms is up to you. Not much to see so top of 3...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank James R
Reviewed 20 December 2013

Stayed her for four weeks because I had a class at Ft Lee. It is a great location, a few minutes to the main gate a FT Lee, while go the other way and you hit the mall and other food places. The staff at this hotel are top notch, all receptionists are very friendly and knowledgable of the area. Great price so you cannot beat it, would highly recommend.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Hampton Inn Petersburg-Southpark Mall
Hampton Inn Petersburg-Southpark...
#2 of 8 in Colonial Heights
Candlewood Suites Colonial Heights
Candlewood Suites Colonial Heigh...
#5 of 8 in Colonial Heights
Comfort Inn South Chesterfield - Colonial Heights
Comfort Inn South Chesterfield -...
#4 of 8 in Colonial Heights

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites at Fort Lee? Share your experiences!