Sleep Inn & Suites at Fort Lee
Econo Lodge(Petersburg)
US$56
US$49
EconoLodge
All reviewswafflesthe indoor heated poolhard boiled eggshot tubup to datefree breakfastgreat place to staysoldierscerealpetersburgdrawersdeskmicrowaverateshousekeeping
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

I'm in VA for training and when I made my reservations I booked a king suite with kitchenette. My mom and 2 kids ended up coming with me and once we got to the room we quickly realized it wasn't going to work. When I contacted the front desk they immediately moved us to a room with 2 Queens and a kitchenette. Despite it being my fault we needed to change rooms, they were very accommodating and even offered to help us with our luggage. Both rooms were very clean... kitchen, refrigerator, and bathroom included. Abby and the other 2 front desk clerks were very friendly, personable and professional.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
roadhog71, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites at Fort Lee, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Thank you so much for your great review of our staff and property! We are so happy that your family was able to travel with you, and we could make the rooms work out. Your family has been a pleasure to work with here at the hotel.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Right from the check-in process I knew this wasn't going to be a good stay. I had reserved a 2 Queen Beds, Efficiency , complete with a small kitchen, table and chairs etc. They gave me a King size bed in a handicapped accessible room. The shower had no shower curtain to accommodate wheelchairs. No kitchen. The couch looked like it should have been on the curb for garbage pickup. We were afraid to sit on it. The room smelled moldy. The walls were filthy with dirt and marks.
I immediately went to the front desk and was told there were no efficiency rooms available. The front desk staff was nice enough but could not fix the no availability problem. There was one other room I could have. During the moving process, I noted the filthy elevators.
I was moved to a room with 2 Queen beds. Again the room smelled like mold. There was a used shower cap in the bathroom. Along with spiders and webs behind the bathroom door. Marks all over the walls and carpet. As my usual routine , I pulled back the covers on the beds to inspect them. The one bed had numerous stains on it and needed replaced.
We were in town for a function that started a few hours after we arrived or we would have looked for another place.
It was quiet. The breakfast was included with the room. Just average food, if that. After reading some of the reviews of this place, I was very disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
roadhog71, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites at Fort Lee, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Pghjanedoe,
I am very concerned with your review of our hotel. As you can see from other guest reviews we typically exceed guest expectations. Are you positive you stayed at our property? Our furniture doesn't have a found by roadside appearance. As I mentioned prior, your stay and experience concern all of us here at the Sleep Inn. Please feel free to contact me directly to discuss your stay. I would like the chance to share your feedback with the team here at the hotel.

Hospitably,

Chris Martin

Reviewed 25 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel for about a week and a half while visiting family at Fort Lee. Our room was spacious, clean and comfortable. We had very little interaction with the front desk, but did find them polite and friendly.
The breakfast was great, plenty of choices and the staff worked hard to keep it clean and well supplied.
My only complaint was the noise. We were in a room right next to the stairs and could hear everyone who went up or down the stairs. Since the hotel was heavily used by working crews who were up and out early, the stair noise generally started well before 7 each morning.
But I would certainly stay there again, I would just ask for a room away from the stairs!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
roadhog71, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites at Fort Lee, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear joztrvln,

Thank you so much for the nice review of our hotel. Our team at the Sleep Inn takes pride in providing a great stay to our guest. Sorry for the stairwell nice in the AM's, but hope that will not sway you from a repeat appearance at the Sleep Inn.

Also thank you for noticing all the little extras of the hotel, including our wonderful breakfast. Hope you enjoyed our cook to order omelets.

Looking forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel was nice,beds comfortable and the service awesome. Couldn't ask for nicer people. Plenty of parking and great continental breakfast,close to everything we needed. They made check in was easy.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

We are so happy you enjoyed your stay at the Sleep Inn! Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

The. Place. To. Stay. Period.
You won't find a better free breakfast as far hotels go, made to order omelets and biscuits and gravy. Are you kidding me?! There's an indoor pool and spa as well. Oh yea, the wifi is superb too! The staff is very personable and this could very well be the hotel you "always stay at" because there are no down sides to staying in this hotel.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear GSheffield,

Thanks for the great review and your loyalty to our hotel. It is always great to see when your truck is pulling into our parking lot. Don't be a stranger!