“I had to try it twice to make sure. I can now say conclusively: this is really bad.”
Review of El Rancho Plus

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
NorthernVirginia
Reviewed 17 August 2011

Bland food, over priced, completely inflexiable on the menu. I love Mexican food and will usually find good in about any small restaurant. But just not this one. I want to support local businesses, but this place is just over priced, has a "professional" but entirely unfriendly staff and food that is at best, not going to hurt you. Look elsewhere.

Barryville has some good places, as does Leesburg. Just skip Purcellville for Mexican. Bummer.

• Visited August 2011
2 Thank RichFromVirginia

Hamilton, Virginia
“We love this place”
Reviewed 19 February 2011

The food is fresh & tasty & the service is good. Can't complain for a local place. Have tried a number of items on the menu & never been disappointed. I like the California Burrito the best served with rice & beans. Also, the Sopapillas - if you have room, are very good for dessert. My older son loves the bean tacos, my younger son is a bit of a gringo & usually gets a hot dog & fries & the fries are the best in town :)

• Visited December 2010
1 Thank BethAnnP
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Our usual Cantina in town”
Reviewed 11 December 2010

We live nearby since quite some year years and we have been at El Rancho several times. We have also ordered take-away many times. We like the service and the food is good and we always have leftovers as - for us - the size of the servings are pretty huge. We also like their fries that are the best in town. Their fajitas are excellent and for those not found of Tex-Mex, the Pork BBQ dinner is also very good. El Rancho is for us the Cantina in town: good, easy, unpretentious and affordable.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Overpirced, lacking in taste.”
Reviewed 30 June 2010

Not worth it - go to beryville, or sterling. Way overpriced for the quality.

1 Thank meldabs30
virginia
“Very Bad. Don't go. Find another Mexican Food place in STERLING VA”
Reviewed 6 October 2009

Food is Mediocre at best. At its worst it is not really even edible. I have actually eaten there twice... I suppose I must be a masochist. Actually the 2nd time around it had vastly improved because it was under new management and at a new location. I suppose you could say El Rancho improved about 100% and yet it's still really bad!! Really greasy tasteless ground beef is used in or frozen prepared chicken. The cheese was processed as well ... something out of Army rations or something. Please don't go. Go instead to MEXICAN GARDEN in Sterling or Don Pablo’s in Reston or some of the MANY MANY Salvadoran restaurants all over Sterling VA area.

IF you are STARVING... go to Subway Sandwich right next door or the Quisno's across the street or the WING Factory place just down the road. OR... just make your OWN Mexican American food! You'll like it a lot better!!