“Meh.”

El Rancho Plus
Ranked #32 of 46 Restaurants in Purcellville
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 3 June 2013

The atmosphere is just so-so, the place feels like a re-purposed meeting hall. The food was just ok. My refried beans were soupy, and the entree was not very flavorful. The margarita was not good. If you must have Mexican, it's acceptable, but that's about all.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Needs new management and new food. The salsa was bland and everything else was mushy and not to par.

1  Thank Meredith W
Reviewed 26 March 2013

Tucked away in a small strip mall in Purcellville, you might overlook El Rancho Plus. That would be a grave mistake. This family run restaurant is our favorite spot for simple, freshly prepared south of the border fare. While they are open evenings and for breakfast on the weekends, we've only been there for lunches. There are two family friendly, pleasant dining rooms with booths and tables. You will rub elbows with locals--neighborhood families, construction workers on lunch breaks or teachers from the nearby middle/high schools. The menu is large and they typically offer 4-6 specials daily. Prices are reasonable, and tortilla chips and salsa appear quickly at your table after being seated. The delicious food is way above ordinary tex-mex standards and they are more than willing to tweak any selection you might request. Servings are large and nicely presented. You can actually hear and smell the sizzling fajitas before you see them! Service always comes with a smile and is both fast and efficient. The restaurant is extremely clean and the Latino music in the background and the flowers on each table are nice touches. So when your tastebuds require a Mexican fix, El Rancho's good fresh food, served by friendly (and smiling) staff, in a very pleasant atmosphere will satisfy every time.

1  Thank Rebecca D
Reviewed 22 February 2013 via mobile

We have been here 3 times in the past month.
Food is consistent, it's good. I wish there was a little less "fried" type items and salads with dressing and cheese in shells, but that's me. Margaritas are good, better than some other local places, not as good as others. Good for purcellville.
I do recommend and I will go back, I enjoy taking my son here because he is happy eating his usual "bean burrito" and lemonade. And I like to try the specials and the chicken burritos.

1  Thank BethAnnP
Reviewed 2 November 2012

We really miss a certain South of the border retaurant in Leesburg, VA, that closed some time ago, sigh. That written, El Rancho is almost an institution. The place is kept clean (and I like clean, even the rest rooms have been fastidious every time we've visited), the service is good, the people are local. I like the taco salad (which is generous), the spinach products (which are not always available). Members of the family are fond of the Rancho's Fiesta and Acapulco. The BBQ is better than some other places in town, in my opinion. Wish the salsa was "hotter".