“Okay wine, but a great event place!”
Review of Breaux Vineyards

Breaux Vineyards
State College, Pennsylvania
100 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 113 helpful votes
“Okay wine, but a great event place!”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

This is a young vineyard and young owners with a flair for events. I have attended a few events at this location and enjoyed the Bufffett-themed events the most. Wine-A-Ritas became a favorite of mine after having them here. The grounds are rolling and the view is nice, but there are other vineyards with better views and tasting rooms.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Pam S

Washington DC
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 140 helpful votes
“Good- could be great”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Breaux consistently delivers "good". I want them to deliver "great". I went to the Cajun Fest 2014 today and i would say the following:
1) fantastic organization - all the staff was amazingly coordinated for the event
2) food - pretty good - if not great. Yes there were some exceptions -but overall - they did a great job on food.
3) service - yes - they had their act together. bravo!!!

Negatives:
1) wine - good but not great. for 20$ a bottle - I can get some amazing deals - you have to impress me. today was not that impressions
2) service vs. product - i get that any winery makes a TON more money on events than product - but please - give me good product. I visit Linden winery 6x a year because they only focus on the wine. If Breaux throws a party 2 or 3X a year - that's not enough. Better wines = better visits.

I like Breaux. I want them to succeed. I want to be a customer. They are getting there - but some burrs to round off..

1 Thank Duane G
Vienna, Virginia
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Monet-Pretty from a distance, up close a big ole mess”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We went to check out this winery in April 2014 as a possible wedding venue. The pictures on-line were stunning and the "main" inside facility had the most beautiful wood floors and sparkling chandeliers. Just what I had envisioned for a reception. I had probably tasted their wines at festivals, but it had been a while so I wanted to visit in person. The "main" great room was were tasting were being held. We were promptly greeted by an event manager and she went to get us materials, however the visit went downhill from there. The acoustics in the main house were awful, it was so loud. There was no way to have a reception there because having a seated dinner with guests talking and low music playing would have made me deaf after a few minutes. We were told where to stand to get in for a tasting and were ignored for at least 10 minutes, not even a "someone will be with you folks." Finally someone came off break I guess and we were able to join a small group. Wines were okay, it was my second stop of the day. I ended up buying a bottle of Rose. Bad mistake, I got it home, opened a few days later and couldn't finish it. I hate to waste and I rarely leave a bottle unfinished but I had to pour it out. I tried to chalk it up to maybe getting a bad bottle, but was disappointed nonetheless. I will be skipping this place for quite some time.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank grapeeape
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Fantastic Views, Disappointing Wine”
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

I think my title says it all. This was the first stop of our wine tour; I went with three other friends for a girls' wine trip. We were very excited as we heard good things about the place. It was beautiful weather and the drive just added to the experience. Upon getting onto the grounds, you couldn't help but be impressed. The vines were picturesque and the venue was bring renovated or added to. But you could tell you were in for a visual treat. Unfortunately, that's where it all stopped. It was crowded which was fine as they had ample outdoor seating throughout. However, we had to have our tasting in the back where I'm guessing much of the wine was fermented. This wasn't a problem but the woman who had came to provide our tasting did not know how to work their new iPad payment system. It took about 10 minutes for her and the manager to sort it out and the woman hadn't even given us the first pour while we waited. I understand that it takes a while to learn new systems, but believe it would be better to train employees either before or after tasting hours. Especially when you have an overflow of guests. None of the wines we tasted were great in our opinion. The tasting itself was $10 which was the most I've ever paid for a regular tasting, and for poor wines at that. Needless to say, we decided to leave after the tasting but not before checking out the grounds and taking a few pictures. As a friend said, the winery would be the perfect place for a vineyard wedding; however, wines from elsewhere would have to be brought in. Very unfortunate. I'm glad we crossed this off the list of places to visit but an safely say that we will not be back.

1 Thank Bernadette V
charlotte, nc
101 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 161 helpful votes
“5 for the views and scenery, 2 for the wine, 3 for the service”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Made an unplanned stop when traveling through the area on business. The grounds are beautiful, and the ambiance wonderful, but the wine was not good. Of the wineries I have visited for a tasting in the Carolinas and Virginia, this is the most expensive, not only in terms of the cost for the tasting, but the wines per bottle or per glass as well (and the wine is not good). Not only was it costly, we were not even allowed to keep our glasses (as was the case with the LaBelle Amie in Little River, South Carolina). While the young lady seemed knowledgeable about each wine we tasted, she was not overly friendly.

It would be a great place for a date, afternoon with the "girls," (and you can bring your own food and eat outside), but do it for the experience, not because the wine is good. When I am back in the area, it is doubtful I would return.

3 Thank carolinasunshine13